Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by laksh

When one character is criticised, is it necessary to always highlight the fault of another character? Why can’t people just accept the folly of a character? By bringing up what other character did, will this act of Virat get justified I wonder .

Whenever Sai has gone wrong, I have also called out Sai and has always said that she has been wrong. Why should I even tell it? My posts speaks for me and I am sure many in the forum know about it. 

Looks like one character should never be criticised even on the day they stoop so low and if one does it, wars/ riots would start.

I better leave this thread or else this will turn into a war zone. 

I agree .. why do we start one against another .. today virat was wrong … his family was wrong .. he as a husband was wrong , he as a guardian was wrong 

Originally posted by monsi08

Loved your points... And I fully agree... Generally we all sympathise easily with the FL because she is portrayed on all  shows as some devi who can do nothing wrong ... Even if her ways are wrong her intensions are right so everything done by her is all good .. 

That's also one waythinking ..that's a problem with our TV industry and mentality.... In order to make the FL sit on a pedestal , they butcher the characters so much including the FL herself.. that we all start finding faults only in other people... It's a kind of brainwash IMO.

As much as I have seen ghum in my marathon watching spree,, there are so many occasions where I think Sai was absolutely wrong in her talking ... in her behaviour etc... But since in the end outcome is in her favour... We all sympathise with her instantly. 

Now also I am not really sure about why we all agree that she should not attend the pooja ... If no-one can moral police her .. she also has no rights to moral police anybody... In fact when her Aai is not well, its probably her moral duty to attend it and help everyone... She cannot be a part of the family at her own convenience!

And about Virat . I have already told my opinion in my earlier post in the same thread and previously also... What he is doing is so wrong in so many ways .. but many things that Sai does are wrong too and we should not ignore just because she is FL... We also can't use her small age as an excuse as per our convenience because she is capable of doing many things which even women of double her age can't do ,,,😂

Nobody is stopping from creating a post that day .. to discuss the mistakes of what Sai did was wrong .when I saw the episode .. I put my viewpoints as I felt it .. yesterday I felt virat was losing control he wanted to hold on to Sai and did not want her to leave him 

but today I felt he being cool about it even after 1 hour has passed is not cool at all .. people commit mistakes when they are very angry and lose power of reasoning .. 

but his family not stopping him and going about it as if everything is ok is revolting .. virat after 1/2 hour not coming to his senses is revolting 

Originally posted by laksh

Very true. Ashwini was away even when these people were harassing Sai on the day she broke down. 

Atleast they have not ruined hers and Mohit’s character .. both were absent today 

Originally posted by monsi08

Loved your points... And I fully agree... Generally we all sympathise easily with the FL because she is portrayed on all  shows as some devi who can do nothing wrong ... Even if her ways are wrong her intensions are right so everything done by her is all good .. 

That's also one waythinking ..that's a problem with our TV industry and mentality.... In order to make the FL sit on a pedestal , they butcher the characters so much including the FL herself.. that we all start finding faults only in other people... It's a kind of brainwash IMO.

As much as I have seen ghum in my marathon watching spree,, there are so many occasions where I think Sai was absolutely wrong in her talking ... in her behaviour etc... But since in the end outcome is in her favour... We all sympathise with her instantly. 

Now also I am not really sure about why we all agree that she should not attend the pooja ... If no-one can moral police her .. she also has no rights to moral police anybody... In fact when her Aai is not well, its probably her moral duty to attend it and help everyone... She cannot be a part of the family at her own convenience!

And about Virat . I have already told my opinion in my earlier post in the same thread and previously also... What he is doing is so wrong in so many ways .. but many things that Sai does are wrong too and we should not ignore just because she is FL... We also can't use her small age as an excuse as per our convenience because she is capable of doing many things which even women of double her age can't do ,,,😂

Well said , the problem is with ITV and their portrayal of FL . The intention of any ITV show is to gain sympathy for FL . 

I agree where Sai has been wrong on many occasions and whenever she is wrong we try to justify with she is 19 yr old girl with no family . Kaku and gang had every right to deny coming to her function but she forced them but today she feels suffocated when someone is doing it to her . How fair it is ? She doesn’t even have a valid reason . She feels Pakhi is not genuine so what will she gain by refusing to sit in the Pooja ? Talk to Samrat if she thinks Virat won’t understand. She can force her husband not to take transfer but she won’t accept his request of attending a pooja . If she is outsider then why does she get involved in family matters as per her convenience  

Having said that I won’t approve of the way Virat behaved with Sai today but that doesn’t change the fact that she has forced people in past and today she feels no one should say anything to her 

Edited by 404_NotFound - 2 years ago
Originally posted by msin

Nobody is stopping from creating a post that day .. to discuss the mistakes of what Sai did was wrong .when I saw the episode .. I put my viewpoints as I felt it .. yesterday I felt virat was losing control he wanted to hold on to Sai and did not want her to leave him 

but today I felt he being cool about it even after 1 hour has passed is not cool at all .. people commit mistakes when they are very angry and lose power of reasoning .. 

but his family not stopping him and going about it as if everything is ok is revolting .. virat after 1/2 hour not coming to his senses is revolting 

Agreed.. and if you read my reply for your post about Virat is reflecting the same what u thinking .. ,🙂

But this reply of mine about Sai is also not wrong ... It's just a general thinking about FLs that leads any ITV  show to a certain direction 🙂

Hope you got my point 🤗

Here the discussion is about Virat and Sai so what’s wrong in bringing the past mistakes of Sai ? We often talk about parallels in our analysis post  . I found there is a parallel between today’s incident and college feast . I see a similarity between them so I brought it up to highlight something .

msin , i want to clarify that the initial post was not directed to you or anyone . It was a generic post about how certain characters are treated in the show . I agree that you have been unbiased and you share your honest opinions about the epi . The above paragraph is not directed at you but in response to the point that was raised earlier that whats the purpose of bringing up past mistakes . 

Exactly... today its how not just he did the act...how he is totally nonchalant about it all.. He thinks it fine to lock someone in thr room, since she does not abide the culture and rituals of the family...And in the family, no one good or bad asked for the key from him and unlocked that door.. He convinces himself that she is safe locked in the room...The bigger problem is he totally being proud about locking her in the room...not even an ounce of guilt or shame for treating a human being that way.. And on top of that the family speaks about how much she would have tortured him to force him locking Sai inside.....And he wants to play music people to have fun while his wife is locked in the room , just because he was unable to convince her... Thats repulsive...

Originally posted by 404_NotFound

Here the discussion is about Virat and Sai so what’s wrong in bringing the past mistakes of Sai ? We often talk about parallels in our analysis post  . I found there is a parallel between today’s incident and college feast . I see a similarity between them so I brought it up to highlight something .

msin , i want to clarify that the initial post was not directed to you or anyone . It was a generic post about how certain characters are treated in the show . I agree that you have been unbiased and you share your honest opinions about the epi . The above paragraph is not directed at you but in response to the point that was raised earlier that whats the purpose of bringing up past mistakes . 

the comparison leads to the same discussions which have no answers unfortunately.., .. 

Regarding Today  virat may have been influenced by the safe house incident .. where he kept Sai under his control

And things went smoothly as he wanted ..  … 
But situations were very different.. 

the comparison leads to the same discussions which have no answers unfortunately.., .. 

Regarding Today  virat may have been influenced by the safe house incident .. where he kept Sai under his control

And things went smoothly as he wanted ..  … 
But situations were very different.. 

It might lead to unnecessary discussions as it’s a touchy topic but sometimes it’s important to compare present and pst actions to see the progress in a relationship or to talk about the characterization  . Like with today’s comparison, this was brought up to say the show has always normalized such acts and also to highlight Sai’s double standards  . I don’t think today’s scene is same as safe house incident . That decision was taken keeping her safety in mind and today it was out of ego . 

Originally posted by 404_NotFound

Few things here 

1. If Sai was so guilty of faking death and arrest then she wouldn’t wait till Kaku and her gang was brought to the college . She would have stopped itimmediately . She was happy that she was finally able to make them do as per her wish and later she apologized after the function . So Sai feeling guilty doesn’t apply here . 

2. Let’s assume everyone on this earth made bigger mistake than Sai but will this change the fact that she faked death , blackmailed people and got fake police . In the eyes of law it won’t matter if whole world committed bigger crime than her . It’s not like court will compare ok X made bigger mistake so let’s forgive Sai . 

3. If we are talking about law then there is nothing wrong in listing down all the people who deserved to be punished in the show . Why don’t we judge all the characters with same lens . 

4. It’s not just fake arrest . Sai has stopped Kaku and gang from having tea in the living room . It’s funny scene but let’s reverse this . If Kaku had done this then it would be abuse to stop DIL from having her tea in living room but other way around is funny . I would still accept if it said that Kaku verbally abuses Sai so Sai stopped Kaku too so nothing wrong but saying she didn’t do any wrong is unacceptable. 

5. Yes Kaku and her gang deserves to go to jail for mistreating Devyani but will this chage the fact that Sai is punishable under the law for taking away Devi without legal guardian permission and stopping her medicines without consulting the doctor ? Devi’s life could have been in danger for stopping the medicines without even consulting the doc . Is Pulkit and Sai qualified enough to treat mentally unstable people ? If Virat as an IPS officer can be criticized then why wrong in saying  Sai is being an irresponsible medical student . 

Virat locking Sai is wrong period  but Sai faking death and arrest is wrong as well  just because her intention was to just bring them to watch her dance doesn’t change anything  . If intentions are used to justify Sai’s misdeeds then I would like to do the same for other characters as well 

Lastly , bringing up other abuses shown in the show is not to justify anyone’s  wrong doings but to highlight that every character has to be treated equally . 

This !

Completely agree with what you said. It always baffles me how this forum always treats Sai , a character as flawed as possible,  as if she's some flawless paragon of virtue,  which she most definitely is not. Whatever she does wrong,  there are literally thousand babying excuses , bachhi hai, teenager hai, immature hai , orphan hai   family nehi hai, palace nehi hai.. yada yada.. so she can have a snooty attitude,  accepted. She can interfere in other people's personal matters. Accepted. She can be brazen and rude at the drop of a hat. Accepted. She can have an opinion about everything in the family, though when it comes to responsiblity and family rules , then she's an outsider  who need not conform to it.

Whereas Virat and Pakhi are never given such leeway, especially Virat. All the readymade pampering and excuses are for Sai only, nothing to be spared for Virat , he is not even a human being but a monster.

If she interferes in his work affairs and make him a butt of joke in front of his superior officer, oh it's perfectly alright after all she's a noble heart and noble intention. And if Virat locks her in their bedroom for 10 minutes, suddenly it's a serious case of domestic violence. People whonsay these things and casually throw around words like domestic violence do they even know it's meaning ?? What it looks like , domestic violence?? 

To say nothing of her other antics.

All characters of Ghum are flawed , they're humane , that's partly why this show is so popular. It's refreshing to see a "vamp" so pitifully human , a female lead so brashly flawed , a male lead who's often vulnerable and gloriously flawed. 

Provided we have the generosity to look at characters with unbiased view.

But.. sigh !

Such utter hypocrisy of treatment towards different characters make me sick to my stomach.