Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by Sudharies

Ikr. That was such a loathsome moment. Their attitude regarding the entire thing was so disappointing, regressive. I don't think if Ashwini was there it'd have made a huge difference. And convenient enough Cvs always keep her away when something like this happens, like the Ajinkya incident. 

Very true. Ashwini was away even when these people were harassing Sai on the day she broke down. 

Few things here 

1. If Sai was so guilty of faking death and arrest then she wouldn’t wait till Kaku and her gang was brought to the college . She would have stopped itimmediately . She was happy that she was finally able to make them do as per her wish and later she apologized after the function . So Sai feeling guilty doesn’t apply here . 

2. Let’s assume everyone on this earth made bigger mistake than Sai but will this change the fact that she faked death , blackmailed people and got fake police . In the eyes of law it won’t matter if whole world committed bigger crime than her . It’s not like court will compare ok X made bigger mistake so let’s forgive Sai . 

3. If we are talking about law then there is nothing wrong in listing down all the people who deserved to be punished in the show . Why don’t we judge all the characters with same lens . 

4. It’s not just fake arrest . Sai has stopped Kaku and gang from having tea in the living room . It’s funny scene but let’s reverse this . If Kaku had done this then it would be abuse to stop DIL from having her tea in living room but other way around is funny . I would still accept if it said that Kaku verbally abuses Sai so Sai stopped Kaku too so nothing wrong but saying she didn’t do any wrong is unacceptable. 

5. Yes Kaku and her gang deserves to go to jail for mistreating Devyani but will this chage the fact that Sai is punishable under the law for taking away Devi without legal guardian permission and stopping her medicines without consulting the doctor ? Devi’s life could have been in danger for stopping the medicines without even consulting the doc . Is Pulkit and Sai qualified enough to treat mentally unstable people ? If Virat as an IPS officer can be criticized then why wrong in saying  Sai is being an irresponsible medical student . 

Virat locking Sai is wrong period  but Sai faking death and arrest is wrong as well  just because her intention was to just bring them to watch her dance doesn’t change anything  . If intentions are used to justify Sai’s misdeeds then I would like to do the same for other characters as well 

Lastly , bringing up other abuses shown in the show is not to justify anyone’s  wrong doings but to highlight that every character has to be treated equally . 

Edited by 404_NotFound - 2 years ago
Originally posted by Sudharies

I have a doubt regarding his nature here. I always thought police officers know well enough to control their emotions. Like they keep facing extreme perils, gory, brutal crimes, and they toughen up themselves for that and stop letting out their emotions more than needed. Why doesn't Virat control his feelings like that with Sai, in a similar way especially now that he's trying to go away from her? 

It was probably not at all the right profession for him. They did show that his decision to become a police officer was because he wanted to do be in services department inspired by Samrat. 

What is surprising his that he is not learning anything. People learn a lot in their work and this guy seems to be learning nothing. 

Originally posted by nethraa_99

That's what I realised yesterday. We got upset because we thought that writers were showing Virat making  progress and that he is being redeemed (even if unrealistically). Or because he is deeply in love now, he will not act so badly.  Actually people don't really change so quickly. And what he has for Sai is not love. If we see it like that, Virat's behaviour is exactly like it has always been.

His guilt has been a momentary guilt if you look at it. He would feel guilty, would apologise for it but he would have not really learnt anything from it to be honest. When things go extreme, he will feel guilty and will be apologetic until things become normal. Once things become normal, he will also get back to his usual self. A couple of times he has felt more bad for himself than his own actions. He has not liked her talking about it because he doesn’t  like to be reminded of what he did. Even, during the Ajinkya accident he was asking her how could she run like that on the road without thinking about the repercussions. He didn’t think that it was him who put her in that position. He fails to think things straight. 

ignore. 

Edited by laksh - 2 years ago
Originally posted by laksh

Virat told Shivani that she need not be worrying and Sai is in her own room. According to him, he didn’t do anything wrong to feel remorseful because he thinks she is safe in their own room 👏. 

Contrary to KD, to show him in a better light, he had subdued anger and the man suffering from survival complex talking about Sai being safe in a room he locked her in...And how many times is he going to lock her "SAFE" in the room in future....Because since he is so cool about it he will do it again..everytime she crosses her limits "as per him", which might happen quite regularly, because she anyway does not fit in the house.. The way it was normalised...Yuck!!.. 

Edited by asmi_joya - 2 years ago

When one character is criticised, is it necessary to always highlight the fault of another character? Why can’t people just accept the folly of a character? By bringing up what other character did, will this act of Virat get justified I wonder .

Whenever Sai has gone wrong, I have also called out Sai and has always said that she has been wrong. Why should I even tell it? My posts speaks for me and I am sure many in the forum know about it. 

Looks like one character should never be criticised even on the day they stoop so low and if one does it, wars/ riots would start.

I better leave this thread or else this will turn into a war zone. 

Edited by laksh - 2 years ago

His guilt has been a momentary guilt if you look at it. He would feel guilty, would apologise for it but he would have not really learnt anything from it to be honest. When things go extreme, he will feel guilty and will be apologetic until things become normal. Once things become normal, he will also get back to his usual self. A couple of times he has felt more bad for himself than his own actions. He has not liked her talking about it because he doesn’t  like to be reminded of what he did. Even, during the Ajinkya accident he was asking her how could she run like that on the road without thinking about the repercussions. He didn’t think that it was him who put her in that position. He fails to think things straight. 

That's because all his rhighteosness is in his head. The poisons of his patriarchal and toxic upbringing is so deeply ingrained into his being....that coupled with his inability to control his emotions .....it comes out in terrifying ways. After each kaand, after each apology, he probably convinces himself that he will not do it again....taking false  strength from the ideals that he has built up in his head. But alas goes on to repeat it because he has not addressed the issue. He does not engage in a heart to heart conversation with Sai regarding his actions because he wants to escape from the shame....but such a conversation was necessary to make him realize how much he has hurt and humiliated her. He needs therapy to help him control his emotions as well as a sensitisation program to purge him of his imbibed patriarchal and toxic tendencies (is that even possible in real life?).

The above is a very lenient take on Virat. It might well be that Virat is even shallower than we think  and more Ninad-like in his character - which may not be apparent now (dormant)....but will eventually show its true colours as time goes on.

Edited by nethraa_99 - 2 years ago

When one character is criticised, is it necessary to always highlight the fault of another character? Why can’t people just accept the folly of a character? By bringing up what other character did, will this character of Virat get justified I wonder .

Whenever Sai has gone wrong, I have also called out Sai and has always said that she has been wrong. Why should I even tell it? My posts speaks for me and I am sure many in the forum know about it. 

Looks like one character should never be criticised even on the day they stoop so low and if one does it, wars/ riots would start.

I better leave this thread or else this will turn into a war zone. 

Tell me about it.. 

It's better focus on the actual topic.. 

The matter of fact is that how can we idolise a fictional character. However we shouldn't normalise such mere criminal acts just because it's done by the lead..

Originally posted by 404_NotFound

Few things here 

1. If Sai was so guilty of faking death and arrest then she wouldn’t wait till Kaku and her gang was brought to the college . She would have stopped itimmediately . She was happy that she was finally able to make them do as per her wish and later she apologized after the function . So Sai feeling guilty doesn’t apply here . 

2. Let’s assume everyone on this earth made bigger mistake than Sai but will this change the fact that she faked death , blackmailed people and got fake police . In the eyes of law it won’t matter if whole world committed bigger crime than her . It’s not like court will compare ok X made bigger mistake so let’s forgive Sai . 

3. If we are talking about law then there is nothing wrong in listing down all the people who deserved to be punished in the show . Why don’t we judge all the characters with same lens . 

4. It’s not just fake arrest . Sai has stopped Kaku and gang from having tea in the living room . It’s funny scene but let’s reverse this . If Kaku had done this then it would be abuse to stop DIL from having her tea in living room but other way around is funny . I would still accept if it said that Kaku verbally abuses Sai so Sai stopped Kaku too so nothing wrong but saying she didn’t do any wrong is unacceptable. 

5. Yes Kaku and her gang deserves to go to jail for mistreating Devyani but will this chage the fact that Sai is punishable under the law for taking away Devi without legal guardian permission and stopping her medicines without consulting the doctor ? Devi’s life could have been in danger for stopping the medicines without even consulting the doc . Is Pulkit and Sai qualified enough to treat mentally unstable people ? If Virat as an IPS officer can be criticized then why wrong in saying  Sai is being an irresponsible medical student . 

Virat locking Sai is wrong period  but Sai faking death and arrest is wrong as well  just because her intention was to just bring them to watch her dance doesn’t change anything  . If intentions are used to justify Sai’s misdeeds then I would like to do the same for other characters as well 

Lastly , bringing up other abuses shown in the show is not to justify anyone’s  wrong doings but to highlight that every character has to be treated equally . 

Loved your points... And I fully agree... Generally we all sympathise easily with the FL because she is portrayed on all  shows as some devi who can do nothing wrong ... Even if her ways are wrong her intensions are right so everything done by her is all good .. 

That's also one waythinking ..that's a problem with our TV industry and mentality.... In order to make the FL sit on a pedestal , they butcher the characters so much including the FL herself.. that we all start finding faults only in other people... It's a kind of brainwash IMO.

As much as I have seen ghum in my marathon watching spree,, there are so many occasions where I think Sai was absolutely wrong in her talking ... in her behaviour etc... But since in the end outcome is in her favour... We all sympathise with her instantly. 

Now also I am not really sure about why we all agree that she should not attend the pooja ... If no-one can moral police her .. she also has no rights to moral police anybody... In fact when her Aai is not well, its probably her moral duty to attend it and help everyone... She cannot be a part of the family at her own convenience!

And about Virat . I have already told my opinion in my earlier post in the same thread and previously also... What he is doing is so wrong in so many ways .. but many things that Sai does are wrong too and we should not ignore just because she is FL... We also can't use her small age as an excuse as per our convenience because she is capable of doing many things which even women of double her age can't do ,,,😂