Imlie's social message on consent - Page 2

Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by spelano.ws

Thank you

Imagine how absolutely sick this woman was, not only did she think she’ll get away with sexual abuse but had not an ounce of guilt about it either .. I am sickened by her character

You are welcome Spelano.

I refuse to judge the depravity of Malini's character anymore - everytime I do she proves to me that she can go even lower. Malini assumes that as long as Adi believes in her, she can get away with anything. The false wins she had over Imlie, where Adi believed her to be right, has given her this false sense of confidence and entitlement that she can do whatever she wants and get away with it, as long as she convince Adi of her innocence.  I still feel that may be the reason why they decided to go so low with her character - Adi needs to see Malini for her true self to break Malini's guroor that no one can touch her despite her outlandish, manipulative and criminal acts.

To think she had the audacity to try and convince Adi that they could learn to live happily with each other🤣. I loved how Adi stopped her delusions and clearly told everyone listening that he cannot even exist without Imlie, forget living happily with anyone else, including her.😆

Originally posted by Midnight_moon

Till now we discussed legality of marriage

But now they are mocking IPC , CrPC, evidence…

If go by impersonation cheating etc can added… but that doesn’t suit purpose… 

Thanks for analysis 😊

Why don’t they give Atleast 1 day separation 

I didn’t watch yet episode… going through your analysis it makes me feel that episode is better…short lived but Malini must for once get taste of her wrong deeds even it is for few hrs.

Edited by Midnight_moon - 2 years ago

Originally posted by Rollingdeep

no no… your review is good.. I just managed to read suta updates thread so there is a lot of diff opinion and that is why I put disclaimer that I haven’t watched. I too am gonna ignore the promo cos it’s always nonsense and hype .. I will watch and let u know my thoughts if u wanna hear it later  😬

as for separating, even this these two cannot get right? Well man can only survive without oxygen for few mins nah 😂😂😂

I would always want to hear your thoughts RD - no need to put that disclaimer ever in my thread. 

As for separating - be thankful that due to Aparna, Adi Imlie ke peeche peeche nahi gaya - banda was sitting as if he lost a part of his soul after she walked out😆. At least we got to see their angst for 5 mins before she came back😆

I didn’t watch yet episode… going through your analysis it makes me feel that episode is better…short lived but Malini must for once get taste of her wrong deeds even it is for few hrs.

Oh yes Midnight - today was good just for that. Also we got to see fighter Imlie back who will go to any lengths to save her husband's izzat after what Malini did with him. So I suggest give the episode a go - atleast kuch pal ka sukoon mil jayega to see Malini getting dragged away by the police for what she did

Till now we discussed legality of marriage

But now they are mocking IPC , CrPC, evidence…

If go by impersonation cheating etc can added… but that doesn’t suit purpose… 

Thanks for analysis 😊

Why don’t they give Atleast 1 day separation 

Why this specific social issue? Why not the abuses? Why not the legality of the marriage? Why not the episodes of gaslighting? Why not the need for women empowerment in villages? 

I fail to understand why this specific social issue and that too one, based on bts and promos, that will be a lost cause. You cannot get justice in real or reel life. What are they trying to achieve? 

I still don’t get how Imlie just realized M and Anu tried burning the saree. 

Nonetheless, separation or not, AKT’s traits and the T’s insults towards Imlie will forever take us down a spiral of mental torture. 

I am trying hard, so hard, to move away from this show but the addiction is just so hard to quit. Sigh! 😢

Originally posted by Apsvenky

I would always want to hear your thoughts RD - no need to put that disclaimer ever in my thread. 

As for separating - be thankful that due to Aparna, Adi Imlie ke peeche peeche nahi gaya - banda was sitting as if he lost a part of his soul after she walked out😆. At least we got to see their angst for 5 mins before she came back😆

Chalo phir meh dekh kai aathi hu baadh mein to torture u poor souls with my analysis 😂😂😂😂

Thanks Aps for the write up on a pretty decent episode! 🤗

Separation hua bhi aur pata bhi nahi chala! 

4:47 she left and 12:14 tak vapas in the Tripathi dharamshala! 

But 2 mins before 4:47 the zulfein flew..

For such a poignant moment, that they also knew..

Abhi udh lete hain, kyunki baad mein mile na mile focus..

Because Kalini ne machana hai abhi aur hocus pocus..

Ok but jokes apart, some rather important points were made..

without consent, it is a punishable crime and not only about being betrayed.

Nani also gave it back to the educated folks..

Assent is important no matter male of female...gave a befitting reply to the T blokes.

But the awesome wala  part was Kalini being dragged..

But the bestest was AKT not reacting much and not getting nagged.

He let the police do their job..

even though the man's head is still like a slimy blob.

But it is really not about that..

It is about what his stance is out flat..

No matter the gehri dosti, no matter the mayhem..

"Hum Imlie ke bina nahi reh hi nahi sakte"- said it loud and clear to them!

A big shout out to Sumbul! Brilliant acting in that break down scene! 👏

A big shout to Gash! Brillant acting in his break down scene too..👏

Edited by Whatever765 - 2 years ago

Originally posted by Apsvenky

Yesterday's promo aside, this week the makers have been giving us good episodes that seem to be taking the story in the right direction. I am still going to suggest that we continue to watch the episodes without tainting it with the knowledge of what will happen next. Today the makers look to have taken a step in the right direction and I am all for it, because it reassured me that they seem to have a purpose to this madness, despite what we think or feel. 

Today's episode started with Malini trying to play bechari again and asking Adi and Aparna to think about what will happen to her. Nani correctly identifies Kalini as chudail and resolves to make sur she pays. Adi tries to show that he has always supported the truth, and if he gives himself up, then no one can point fingers at Malini. Imlie is just done with everything and says that it is best right now that you support Malini and I leave. She gives Adi a reality check that their relationship right now is extremely tangled and it is best for them to break it off now. Loved how she reminds him that this relationship had joined because of their "vishwaas ki dor" and now when that itself is not there, then there is no point in continuing the relationship. Adi is flummoxed, he is not able to understand what to do to convince her, because while he feels that he has no standing to say anything, he still cannot fathom his life without her.

Imlie starts to leave the house when Adi tries to stop her. Aparna as usual plays the mom card threatening him that she will kill herself if he goes behind her, putting Adi on the spot and making him watch as Imlie leaves with her mom and NN. Imlie crosses the threshold and just breaks down, trying to deal with the emotions she had tamped down all this while. The girl finally realizes the enormity of her decision she has just taken and that she will not be able to be with Adi anymore. Mitthi tries to convince her that SM will take care, when Imlie sees a procession of SM going in front of the house, reminding her that she still needs to fight, but she is confused with how to start. As the trio is walking towards their unknown destination, Imlie spots the burnt piece of a saree hanging out of the trunk of AC's car. She uses her bobpin to open the trunk and take out the saree to realize that Malini indeed did try to make herself out to be like Imlie to seduce Adi without his will.

Adi meanwhile is devastated in the T house. All he keeps doing is his Imlie jaap, so much so that Malini seemed downright bugged. She tries to convince him that they will learn to live with each other happily, which prompts Adi to remind her that forget happily, he does not know how to live without Imlie😆. Malini ki phir se chop - Aur karo Imlie ke pyaar main pagal insaan ke saath rehne ki zidd🤣. The hear police sirens and assume Adi called the police. Adi bechara seemed as confused as the others as to what is going on. The police arrive and before they can say anything, the Sr T's defend Adi saying he did not do anything. The inspector comes to Adi and asks for Malini, confusing everyone even more😆. He goes to Malini and directly tells her that she is under arrest - matlab FIR ke basis par seedha arrest, even when the police themselves are not convinced they dont have a case🤣. Anyway, everyone is flummoxed as to what charges and who has filed an FIR, and that gives the cue for our hero to maaro her entry to pulsating BG music. Imlie says that she is the one who filed and FIR against Malini for molesting Adi against his will. Everyone else just cannot wrap their head around this piece of information, and Malini quips that how can she molest a 6ft hatta katta admi - it sounds preposterous. Even the police is confused, but they have to follow procedure as an FIR has been lodged, but suggest they solve this among themselves. Imlie refuses to take that bait and insists that Malini be arrested for her crime.

Adi finally wakes up from his stupor and goes to Imlie to ask that she has made this mistake before, so he warns her that doing the same mistake again will have horrible consequences. Imlie reassures him that she has proof and shows the burnt saree to all of them that she found in AC's trunk. That leeches all color from Malini & AC's face, but AC tries to cover it saying she bought the saree for Malini and tried to burn it seeing that Imlie has a similar one - point to be noted that this time Malini apparently bought a similar saree and did not steal Imlie's, which was a surprise knowing Malini's kleptomaniac tendencies. ANyway, Imlie does not buy into AC's lies and just asks the police to take Malini away. Another point to be noted was that while she was being taken away, Malini tries to call for Adi to save her, and the guy still chose to stand like a statue and just watch her being taken away🤣.

After everything, as usual Aparna berates Imlie for what she has done and how she has harmed the family izzat, along with the rest of the senior T's joining in, bar PT of course. Somehow the funniest for me was seeing Nishant in a sadma face throughout this entire procedure, almost as if he found out that all this has happened with him instead🤣. In all this, Adi just seems to be processing what just happened, while everyone chadoes on Imlie for what she has done. But before Imlie can defend herself, Nani makes sure to remind the padhe likhe T's that zabardasti with anyone, be it a man or woman, is wrong and needs to be punished. Loved how NN made sure to cut the T's to size, so that they also knew how stupid they were being in all of this. The precap shows Adi taking Imlie forcefully with him to make her take back her complaint against Malini. While this seems irritating to us, seeing it from his side, Adi would most likely not want to believe that Malini could have done something like this with him. I would say, let's see just how they take this track towards it's conclusion, as now the story seems to have taken full speed to reach the end of whatever conclusion they have planned at the end of this track.

I don’t knw why they always show 1 min of previous night …and also Imlie was back in 1 min 🤦🏽‍♀️👊🏼

Ok keeping logic aside for a bit and of course without mention of the stellar acting of st and gm I wanted to mention the following:

1) imlie decision to come back was purely to Save her ullu husband reputation and these silly ts are worried about their son being labelled a Victim?? He is a victim and they are hiding this for their reputation. Sadly this is common reaction by some families but instead it’s the woman facing this instead of the man and I applaud them for this. 

2) I think adI was serious in asking imlie to withdraw the case and I don’t think cos he doesn’t trust her or he trust his gehri dost but because a victim of sexual assault always blames themselves.. it takes time for them to understand and accept that it is not their fault. Again kudos to the writers for this track 

3) now rhe only person who can get justice for adi whether he is in the fight or not is imlie. It’s always the loved one who steps up to fight for someone in trauma and because of this I think the promo was right. AdI wont be able to chop Didi if he finds out she is pregnant cos only imlie will. Is it wrong she always fights the battles yes but in this case I think it is very true to reality IMO