Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Farah Khan puts Rakhi Sawant and Deepika Padukone in same league

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Filmmaker and choreographer Farah Khan has said that she has given two 'megastars' to the Hindi film industry, one being actor Deepika Padukone, and the other being Rakhi Sawant. Farah Khan made the statement on the Zee Comedy Show, where she is currently a judge. Recently, Rakhi Sawant and musician Anu Malik had appeared on the show as guests.

According to a leading daily, Rakhi Sawant spoke about the struggles she faced over the years. She also said that a call from Farah Khan changed her life and she owes her career to Farah.

Reacting to this, Farah said, "I have given two megastars to the industry, one is Deepika Padukone, and the other is Rakhi Sawant. Both of them are great actors, but I have to say that Rakhi was the most punctual, hard-working, well-behaved, and respectful girl on the sets of Main Hoon Na and I love her for that."

Deepika made her Bollywood debut with Farah's Om Shanti Om in 2007. She starred alongside Shah Rukh Khan, Arjun Rampal, Shreyas Talpade, Kirron Kher, Bindu and Satish Shah.

Rakhi Sawant played the role of a student named Mini in the 2004 film Main Hoon Na. It was written and directed by Farah in her directorial debut. The film also featured Shah Rukh Khan, Sushmita Sen, Suniel Shetty, Amrita Rao and Zayed Khan.

Earlier this week, SpotboyE had reported Rakhi as saying on the show, "I used to give my best and to look slim and fit, I used to have only one bowl of dal every day. However, things weren't looking so great. But one fine day, I got a call from Farah Khan madam's office, and they called me for an audition at Shah Rukh Khan's Red Chillies' Office and things changed from there. As soon as I kept the phone, I lost consciousness. My mother gave me another bowl of dal and that's when I got into my senses and started preparing for my audition."

She also said, "I was told that I would have to look glamorous as the character was such. But in the chawl that I was staying at, you couldn't step out in such clothes. So, I asked my mother what should I do? She gave me a set of curtains, which I wrapped around my glamorous clothes and went for the audition." Speaking about Farah, Rakhi had said that she had faith in her. She added that when the cameras started rolling she removed the curtains and 'they loved my audition and offered me the film'. 

Rakhi had appeared on Bigg Boss 14 and was among the five finalists with Rubina Dilaik, Rahul Vaidya, Aly Goni, and Nikki Tamboli. She chose to take a ₹14 lakh cash payout and leave the show.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ktptalks thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Why can't Deepika Padukone and Rakhi Sawant be in the same league? They were both launch by the same director and same PH. They both have worked with All the 3 khans who are the biggest star in the country. 

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

In fact, Katrina Kaif was offered Rakhi Sawant's role in Main Hoon Naa but Salman Bhaiyya asked her to skip it.

Rakhi Sawant INSULTS Katrina Kaif in PUBLIC | Watch Full Video - YouTube

TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

I would say Rakhi is a better actress than Deepu...

maha15 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Good Luck to Rakhi, Farhan, Katrina and Deepika

MDNA thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: TheMinion

I would say Rakhi is a better actress than Deepu...

😲

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Rakhi Sawant is a known celebrity if you ask anyone they know her so.. She has acheived her fame and deserves to be appreciated as so many just disappear and she is still relevant today/

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I find Rakhi obnoxious now ,I used to like her a while ago.  But she's way better  an 'actress' than Deepika ever will be. At least you can tell she is alive. 

CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I always search for Rakhi Sawant videos when I feel depressed or after hectic working day. She is naturally talented and make you laugh. I do not approve many of her antics, but she is a good source of entertainment. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with Farha's statement. She isn't comparing their stardom or popularity, both of them are well known, but for different reasons.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: Ktptalks

Why can't Deepika Padukone and Rakhi Sawant be in the same league? They were both launch by the same director and same PH. They both have worked with All the 3 khans who are the biggest star in the country. 

@bold
Not a Deepu fan but she has never worked with Salman OR Aamir. (as of yet, at least).

Only senior actors she has worked opposite are SRK, Akshay & Saif.

Just saying.