Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Was Dil To Pagal... about SRK-Karishma friendship than SRK-Madhuri rom

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

I find the film actually was about friendship between SRK-Karishma more than romance between SRK-Madhuri. 

I feel Yash Chopra chopped off many scenes between SRK and Madhuri and focused on SRK's relation with Karishma in the film. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 2

Don't know about that, but wanted him to end up with Karishma instead of Madhuri.

DriftInfinitely thumbnail

Apparently, Karishma was supposed to get less screentime than she did, but Yash Chopra was so impressed with her performance that he gave her a meatier role than originally planned. Still, I don't think the main focus was about their friendship because the message of the film was clearly about finding 'the one'.

Edited by DriftInfinitely - 2 years ago
dharaa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Can't say much about that. But their's was such a beautiful bond. I was so sad to see Rahul ending up with Pooja. Like honestly which guy in his right mind would choose Pooja over Nisha is still my question 🥱

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I don't know what the movie was supposed to be about. But DTPH was a rare instance where Madhuri Dixit was completely overshadowed. Karishma was so compelling in the movie that everyone rooted for her. 

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Is it just me who considers KKHH as a sequel to DTPH? Because I so wanted Karishma to get to end up with her love...😭

Edited by cutejodikangal - 2 years ago
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: Mugda

I find the film actually was about friendship between SRK-Karishma more than romance between SRK-Madhuri. 

I feel Yash Chopra chopped off many scenes between SRK and Madhuri and focused on SRK's relation with Karishma in the film. 

I remember at the time these rumours were there. In early 1997 during filming, Karisma had won the Best Actress award, and she had 4-5 Big Hit Films under her belt in the space of a year. At the same time, Madhuri unfortunately had a disastrous 1996. (DTPH began shooting in 1995 when Madhuri was on a mega high).

The rumours were that Yash-ji gave Karisma some extra scenes, and re-shot parts of the film with her in it. Did they re-do Le Gayi?? I did hear that but can't remember the sauce.

It's cute how everyone roots for the underdog: Karisma in DTPH, Rani in KKHH. A minority of fans wish SRK chose them instead of Madhuri + Kajol

But to answer your question: No. The film wasn't about Karisma's friendship. It was all about Maya "Mera Naam POOJA Hai" Dixit ❤️

Rangeelaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

God knows what that movie about, the whole "Maya Maya" thing always threw me off.

Great soundtrack thou

DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

it was more about Madhuri's blouse/suit designs (don't want to use the actual term). Indian attire to demonstrate her sweet lovely nature but dupatta is not helping her at all.

w4always thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Wish it was, would've aged better.