Udariyaan

Khushveer & Gurpreet: The Hypocrisy Chronicles

-Villete- thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Since the beginning of the show and until recently (even through the JasFa wedding sequence), Khushveer has been really disrespectful and rude to Gurpreet, dismissing her opinions and ideas and shutting her down right completely whenever she’s trying to share her thoughts/feelings over issues that should be discussed respectfully between a couple.

The same Khushveer now gives gyan of respect and being considerate of one’s wife’s feelings as the secret to being a responsible and good husband, a title that he self proclaimed earlier this week.

Honestly, I’m relieved to see him being the voice of reason and supporting Tejo as well as guiding Fateh while giving him time to cool off simultaneously. This is a little different to how he was characterized in the show earlier on but a welcome change.

On the other hand, Gurpreet who happened to have a heart and was more understanding of today’s generation has done a complete 360 in her attitude. She seemed like a good mother-in-law to Jasmine but has completely discarded her inner voice with Tejo. All these years of being sidelined and her husband disrespecting her just about anywhere should have made her more considerate of Tejo’s plight. I thought she was the perfect person to become Tejo’s emotional and moral support but her “mamta” is making her do things not in line with her characterization.

Seems like Dada-Dadi are the only true voice of reason in this family. Everybody else swings and is “rang badlu” according to the situation.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShanUlas thumbnail

Khushveer is no more the same character as he was initially introduced.  Khushbeer is against Canada and got enough taunts from whole family for accepting Fateh Jasmen Marraige.

It was total 180 degree turn in his character when he was on verge of loosing Fateh to death. In Fact Fateh's accident changed him totally . He is is no more same Khushbeer who was introduced initially in the show. He got hard lesson and realised he has been harsh on Simaran his eldest daughter . So instead calling it hypocracy I will say he learned his lessons and had to take bitter pills all thanks to Fateh and his blind love to Jasmene. 

We have already seen how he repents to his wife on anger he has against Simaran. Plus we have to accept Gurpreet is easily influenced by gossipers like Nimmo and naboughers.  So she does need someone strong to make her realise that she is wavering . Khushbeer is one she always listens . 

Edited by ShanUlas - 2 years ago
-Villete- thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

You mentioned that Khushveer discussed Simran’s fiasco with Gurpreet. I skipped 3 episodes this week and just read WU because the entire family blaming Tejo was getting on my nerves (I understand this would all happen IRL too but you know what I mean). Could you please tell me if this happened this past week? If he’s talking about his mistakes with Simran, I’m guessing he is ready to contact her too, may be after this wedding issue settles down. My problem with him is just that he was preaching things about respecting one’s wife to Fateh and I was like, look who’s talking. Looks like I need to dig up GurVeer scenes now to see what I missed.

ShanUlas thumbnail

Regarding Simaran it was way before. It was after Fateh was stabbed and hospitalised . Am not sure if he still ready to contact Simaran may it was just momentary outburst. 

We will have to see how Simaran story unfolds. 

As for Gurveer scenes their is not much Kushbeer always has that poker face and Gurpreet is always having constipated face coz her son's heart is broken. 

Well one thing is constant through out:  Khushbeer  can see through people while Gurpreet can only see her four kids others are irrlivent for her .

Edited by ShanUlas - 2 years ago
VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Gurpreet to me is blind in her children's love. She has never spoken sense. Not saying this cause she's rude to Tejo - but even right at the very beginning seemed the typical pampering letting the kids be an asshole kinda of a mother. 

There is a thin line between letting your kids have their way and letting them being an ass. She follows the latter. Bas Haan Mein Haan milate jao to the ones she like, kind of a lady she is. 

I_StanStrongFLs thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: VintageWine

Gurpreet to me is blind in her children's love. She has never spoken sense. Not saying this cause she's rude to Tejo - but even right at the very beginning seemed the typical pampering letting the kids be an asshole kinda of a mother. 

There is a thin line between letting your kids have their way and letting them being an ass. She follows the latter. Bas Haan Mein Haan milate jao to the ones she like, kind of a lady she is. 

Agreed. I'm not trying to justify her actions or anything, but Gurpreet seems like the kind of woman who's always suppressed by her husband. Such type of women usually tend to believe that only their children can support them, and it leads to them becoming the typical 'spoiled brats'. Amrik and Fateh are living proofs of her upbringing gone wrong. 

Zaroor Mahi ne pichle janam me kuch acche kaam kiye honge jo wo bach gayi.😆😆

VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: I_StanStrongFLs

Agreed. I'm not trying to justify her actions or anything, but Gurpreet seems like the kind of woman who's always suppressed by her husband. Such type of women usually tend to believe that only their children can support them, and it leads to them becoming the typical 'spoiled brats'. Amrik and Fateh are living proofs of her upbringing gone wrong. 

Zaroor Mahi ne pichle janam me kuch acche kaam kiye honge jo wo bach gayi.😆😆

Ikr! 

Lulz @ Red ,gurpreet has a problem with woman who voice their opinion. Needs men who are typical mama boys and women who second that. 

Off topic : Mahi and abhi bale bale two sane ppl together will make this show a better watch 🤣! 

Edited by VintageWine - 2 years ago
Sparklle801 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

I was always vocal about my admiration for khushbeer, but i will be honest that i too started watching the show after jasmine and fateh wedding rituals started, so i never got to see gurveer interactions.. 

From what i have seen of him so far, i liked what I saw, the man has my admiration.. And then the interaction between him and tejo was cherry on top, my two favorite characters in one frame but yeah i cannot ignore the fact in your post that khushbeer was also kind of rude towards gurpreet in starting, dont know have to see it first then i can say anything

About gurpreet, i tried to find a reason that why she is so against tejo, always trying to humiliate and belittle her. Whatever her reasons are she is wrong in that aspect. 

We dont know what is the past story of gurveer but gurpreet has no reason to humiliate tejo.. 

Originally posted by: VintageWine

Ikr! 

Lulz @ Red ,gurpreet has a problem with woman who voice their opinion. Needs men who are typical mama boys and women who second that. 

Off topic : Mahi and abhi bale bale two sane ppl together will make this show a better watch 🤣! 

Had the same thought! I really wanna see their relationship progress. If only the makers give Mahi a more mature look ( she seems like a minor) I'd definitely ship them to the moon and back!

Originally posted by: Sparklle801

I was always vocal about my admiration for khushbeer, but i will be honest that i too started watching the show after jasmine and fateh wedding rituals started, so i never got to see gurveer interactions.. 

From what i have seen of him so far, i liked what I saw, the man has my admiration.. And then the interaction between him and tejo was cherry on top, my two favorite characters in one frame but yeah i cannot ignore the fact in your post that khushbeer was also kind of rude towards gurpreet in starting, dont know have to see it first then i can say anything

About gurpreet, i tried to find a reason that why she is so against tejo, always trying to humiliate and belittle her. Whatever her reasons are she is wrong in that aspect. 

We dont know what is the past story of gurveer but gurpreet has no reason to humiliate tejo.. 

I might be wrong, but I think Khushbeer treating Gurpreet like that might have something to do with their children. Maybe Khushbeer saw early on that Gurpreet was influencing the children in a bad way and what Simran did, ended up proving him right. Maybe seeing Fateh embark on the same road, made him lose the little respect he had for her.

And yeah what Gurpreet does to Tejo is borderline crazy and illogical. She has no reason to blame Tejo for the shit caused by Jasmine and Fateh, they're adults and should be responsible for their actions. It speaks volumes about how narrow-minded her character is.