Definition of Good Daughter inlaw on ITV

Posted: 2 years ago

Why it is like that on ITV... they show daughter in law without self respect,, why it is always always shown as a girl can be a good daughter inlaw if they bear all nonsense from mother in law without any complain,,,, here in this show when shiva nd krish played horrific prank on rishita nd dhara at that time what she found  correct did  like beating them what else she could have done other than that,,, 

So when rishta told truth about dhara beating them nd separation of kitchen... what did mother do she immediately ask dhara to leave from there nd dhara also as a good daughter inlaw followed her mother instruction and same happened when mother called her back she came without westing a second 

My question is do they have no self respect that any time even after being married for ten years they can throw you out nd you will just follow them ye kaun si achai hai jahan pe khud ko insult karana acha lagta hai aur ye kya dikhana chahte hai channel or makers viewers ko ki bahu ko aise hona chahiye dhara jaisa jahan saas ka jab dil kare das baaten suna ke rakh de jabki bahu ki koi galti bhi na ho,,,,, like these daughter in law give rights to their mother in law to treat them as a piece of trash jab dil kiya apna liya aur jab dil kiya ghar se nikal  diya,,  

One more thing as I’m not regular viewer of this show so i want to ask you guys did mother punished her sons also for playing horrific prank on rishita..??? Or the punishment was only given to dhara..??? 

Originally posted by Rose-13

Why it is like that on ITV... they show daughter in law without self respect,, why it is always always shown as a girl can be a good daughter inlaw if they bear all nonsense from mother in law without any complain,,,, here in this show when shiva nd krish played horrific prank on rishita nd dhara at that time what she found  correct did  like beating them what else she could have done other than that,,, 

So when rishta told truth about dhara beating them nd separation of kitchen... what did mother do she immediately ask dhara to leave from there nd dhara also as a good daughter inlaw followed her mother instruction and same happened when mother called her back she came without westing a second 

My question is do they have no self respect that any time even after being married for ten years they can throw you out nd you will just follow them ye kaun si achai hai jahan pe khud ko insult karana acha lagta hai aur ye kya dikhana chahte hai channel or makers viewers ko ki bahu ko aise hona chahiye dhara jaisa jahan saas ka jab dil kare das baaten suna ke rakh de jabki bahu ki koi galti bhi na ho,,,,, like these daughter in law give rights to their mother in law to treat them as a piece of trash jab dil kiya apna liya aur jab dil kiya ghar se nikal  diya,,  

One more thing as I’m not regular viewer of this show so i want to ask you guys did mother punished her sons also for playing horrific prank on rishita..??? Or the punishment was only given to dhara..??? 

Suman slapped both Shiva and Krish and disgustedly asked them “how could you do this to a girl”

Personal opinion, but that scene was more effective in getting Shiva and Krish to repent, than any amount of beating Dhara could have given. Seeing disgust in your own mother’s face for your actions/thoughts… 😐 

ITV runs on the age-old misogynistic ideal, "Aurat ka kaam hai sehna." A woman's strength, according to these people, lies in how much she can endure. 

They don't realise that they're basically admitting that woman suffer, hence they have to endure. iTv romanticises a woman's suffering, and anyone who harms her HAS to be forgiven if they realise their mistakes.

ITV is inherently highly misogynistic, which is sad, since two of the MOST prominent producers are women (ekta and gul).

Originally posted by funny_fubar

Suman slapped both Shiva and Krish and disgustedly asked them “how could you do this to a girl”

Personal opinion, but that scene was more effective in getting Shiva and Krish to repent, than any amount of beating Dhara could have given. Seeing disgust in your own mother’s face for your actions/thoughts… 😐 

Slapped them... so what was wrong in dhara beating them.. isn’t it dhara also love them as her own sons so if a biological mother can slap then a mother figure bhabhi can also beat them

And in my opinion the prank they palyed was really dangerous as per dhara rishita has lost her voice for sometimes,,, these kind of pranks can give heart attack  to anybody and they can loose their life also,,, so just  slapping them nd giving disgusted look is not enough for me where dhara was given punishment to leave the house nd her husband with whom she had lived for 10 years... dhara’s punishment is bigger than shiva nd krish 

Suman should have listened to dhara with understanding if she didn’t leave her or her sons in these 10 years then what can be the reason for her separating the kitchen now.... this would have given a nice scene nd a new things on ITV where saas bahu have that good relationship,, thoda bhut nok jhok,, danta manana to chalta hi hai per insult nhi 🤔

Slapped them... so what was wrong in dhara beating them.. isn’t it dhara also love them as her own sons so if a biological mother can slap then a mother figure bhabhi can also beat them

And in my opinion the prank they palyed was really dangerous as per dhara rishita has lost her voice for sometimes,,, these kind of pranks can give heart attack  to anybody and they can loose their life also,,, so just  slapping them nd giving disgusted look is not enough for me where dhara was given punishment to leave the house nd her husband with whom she had lived for 10 years... dhara’s punishment is bigger than shiva nd krish 

Suman should have listened to dhara with understanding if she didn’t leave her or her sons in these 10 years then what can be the reason for her separating the kitchen now.... this would have given a nice scene nd a new things on ITV where saas bahu have that good relationship,, thoda bhut nok jhok,, danta manana to chalta hi hai per insult nhi 🤔

ever heard of physical abuse? you are comparing one slap with merciless thrashing? what dhara did, she qualifies for going to jail. it is just here in our country where in the name of maa ki mamta and haq, such beatings are hailed and justified. it doesnt change the fact that they are wrong. ultimately, it doesnt even do anything to rectify the problem or solve it. all dhara did was take out her frustruation on two people who were catalyst and not the root cause of the problem. did she give that same beating to dev who brought raavi to the brink of suicide? she didnt even scold or confront dev properly about it or make him apologize for it. if intentions are what matters then ShiSh were right too as they did all this to make rishita realize family and dhara's importance. bhoot kaand was not right who brought the situation till that point? it was GauRa who were busy pampering Rishita and didnt even confront her for her disrespectful behavior since day 1. that gave her a boost to continue and she did as dhara was busy reprimanding everyone else and telling them to behave and what not but didnt bother to see that the fault lied in rishita and her behavior. she beat up two grown men till the point where the stick broke and continued beating them and now they have scars which will remain for a long time. after a certain age, parents become advisors to their kids. controlling their life is toxic as it stops kids from carving their own path. dhara has emotionally blackmailed shiva to marry  raavi and then continued with that when she was basically threatening them to not reveal anything to suman otherwise she would leave them. why didnt she say that same thing to DevTa? if it was all about maa ka haq why the partiality? she beat up ShiSh because she can as they wont oppose her or hate her. that is toxic and a very unhealthy relationship. so mixing up suman's actions with her behavior with ShiSh is illogical. even now they have glorified her and her beating crediting the change to that. it doesnt even make logical sense as i dont think anyone with two cents of brain can find a correlation between that beating and batwara nonsense with the current change. i agree suman should not have made that comment about being childless but her anger towards that beating was justified as she is mother who just saw her sons' scarred backs. nobody would have said anything if dhara gave some unintentional slaps but she thrashed them and now makers are glorifying physical violence so i am not going to sympathize with dhara at the moment as deep down even she knew her devars wont let her leave so the makers need to cut the crap and stop glorifying her as a aagyakaari bahu. dhara was being a sherni infront of Shivi, krish, dev and gautam and announced her threat about leaving but she was shaking like a leaf when she was trying to reveal what happened. if she was so right, she wouldn't so hesitant in revealing the truth and def not after so much pressure from circumstances and suman's questions. so i am not going to sit here and glorify her as the writers have done enough of that. so far suman not giving her well deserved due for being there for 10 years is concerned, dhara chose to come in this family and chose to become a mother to her devars. nobody asked her to any of these things. it was a choice. so no need to glorify that. moreover her not having kids was a practical choice in that situation due to their financial issues as well as family situation. i am not saying she hasnt done a lot for pandya family but it was not an ehsaan. it was her responsibility which she chose to take upon herself. nobody gave it to her so there is no need to treat her like a victim or some devi. 

@bold: It's the severity in which she beat them that crossed the line. One slap isn't the equivalent of getting beaten several times with a thick wooden stick. One slap is culturally acceptable because that is the culture in which they live, however beating with a stick - pretty sure that's going to be considered more as physical abuse, even in India. 

Dhara can't / shouldn't overstep their real mother to dish out punishment. She's a mother figure, but she's not their real mother.  

The prank wasn't that dangerous because no one anticipated Rishita having the reaction she did. She has no prior history of heart issues where one would worry about a heart attack for such a young. At most it's accidental what happened to Rishita. Same as if you're playing soccer and you tackle someone to get the ball, and they get seriously injured. It wasn't done on purpose. The purpose was to "scare" her (although to be honest the logic behind the prank made no real sense from Shiva's side.) but not cause her to faint or lose her voice. 

The bigger issue though is that in all that happened, Dhara is made to look like what she did was ok, and it is not, no matter where you are from or what culture you were raised in. She has not yet atoned for what she did and how she chose to do it. She didn't even apologize to Suman, Shiva or Krish. The fact that S+K think they deserved a rough beating is not ok. The acceptance of physical abuse in any circumstance is not ok. 

Suman kicked her out because Dhara "broke" the home and family she was meant to watch over.   She kept such a big issue from her mother in law. Suman, despite her shortcomings, is still lady of the house. She only gives Dhara that position when she sees fit.  And before this she used to proudly because she was proud of Dhara. What Dhara did certainly brought Dhara down a few notches in Suman's eyes. 

Suman had every right to kick her out of her home, its Suman's home.  Suman and her husband bought/built that home. While she is still alive, that's her house, that's her family. Dhara beat Suman's children.  It's a rough punishment, but Dhara literally "broke" the family in Suman's eyes, so how could she stay? Would they let Prafulla stay in their home knowing her past? Would you let the woman who you trusted to care and watch over your children, the same one who abused your children without ever consulting you, still stay in your home? 

also just a bit about the "good daughter in law": Dhara has a lot of responsibilities as a daughter in law, but Dhara also takes that all upon herself. This is a classic case of what I like to call self oppression. Prafulla said something once that I think was pretty logical about how Dhara needs to stop taking all the responsibility in the house - to let some of the other bahus do it too. Dhara doesn't need to do all that she does, but she takes upon herself to do it because she has to constantly prove herself. This is a result of her abandonment issues from her mother. She needs to learn to let go and she needs therapy.

This is what I’m trying to tell even spending so much time with family nd given them selfless love she got this in return,, just one mistake nd she was out from the house nd eventually separated from husband,,, ok beating with thick wood can be dhara’s mistake but she has given her good times to them nd suman didn’t count even one good things before throwing her out,, Is she that worthless..?? 

for prank I didn’t understand what they wanted to prove by scaring rishita how she would have started to give value to dhara after this incident didn’t understand🙄 

Breaking suman’s home,,, she is been with suman for 10 years doesn’t she know  dhara why suman has not given a thought of if dhara has not done anything wrong in these years nd suddenly she has done something like this what could be the reason... but nahhh all power goes to suman she is the owner of house one mistake nd i will throw you out,,, isnt it same thing that happen in real life also (at some places) with daughter in laws,,, its ITV trend to show daughter in law worthless even after giving their whole life for sasural,,, suman didn’t threw her sons out but dhara,,, even after spending 10 years with family dhara is still an outsider for suman where as her  sons after doing horrific mistake got one slap... to me it is unjustified 

If suman consider dhara an outsider then all her love nd affections she gave to those brothers were ehsan from dhara,,, suman should be thankful to dhara for whatever good she has done for her family nd store 

Now that ravi nd dev marriage things as i told you i dont watch this show regularly so I can’t comment much but whatever little bit i have seen on instagram i concluded that  they were wrong both dev nd dhara 

Now that hiding things from family members,,, this is also so ITV things where they hide things from their own people and i dont like these kind of hide nd seek game,,, i can’t comment much only this that dhara was wrong in asking them to hide things from suman

My topic is about dhara’s (daughter inlaw) importance in the eyes of mother in law because society ask too much from bahu they should be loving, compromising, sacrificing, understanding And after doing all these they live a life with fear that they can be thrown out from house if they do any mistake after all house belongs to saas only 

Originally posted by john909

ever heard of physical abuse? you are comparing one slap with merciless thrashing? what dhara did, she qualifies for going to jail. it is just here in our country where in the name of maa ki mamta and haq, such beatings are hailed and justified. it doesnt change the fact that they are wrong. ultimately, it doesnt even do anything to rectify the problem or solve it. all dhara did was take out her frustruation on two people who were catalyst and not the root cause of the problem. did she give that same beating to dev who brought raavi to the brink of suicide? she didnt even scold or confront dev properly about it or make him apologize for it. if intentions are what matters then ShiSh were right too as they did all this to make rishita realize family and dhara's importance. bhoot kaand was not right who brought the situation till that point? it was GauRa who were busy pampering Rishita and didnt even confront her for her disrespectful behavior since day 1. that gave her a boost to continue and she did as dhara was busy reprimanding everyone else and telling them to behave and what not but didnt bother to see that the fault lied in rishita and her behavior. she beat up two grown men till the point where the stick broke and continued beating them and now they have scars which will remain for a long time. after a certain age, parents become advisors to their kids. controlling their life is toxic as it stops kids from carving their own path. dhara has emotionally blackmailed shiva to marry  raavi and then continued with that when she was basically threatening them to not reveal anything to suman otherwise she would leave them. why didnt she say that same thing to DevTa? if it was all about maa ka haq why the partiality? she beat up ShiSh because she can as they wont oppose her or hate her. that is toxic and a very unhealthy relationship. so mixing up suman's actions with her behavior with ShiSh is illogical. even now they have glorified her and her beating crediting the change to that. it doesnt even make logical sense as i dont think anyone with two cents of brain can find a correlation between that beating and batwara nonsense with the current change. i agree suman should not have made that comment about being childless but her anger towards that beating was justified as she is mother who just saw her sons' scarred backs. nobody would have said anything if dhara gave some unintentional slaps but she thrashed them and now makers are glorifying physical violence so i am not going to sympathize with dhara at the moment as deep down even she knew her devars wont let her leave so the makers need to cut the crap and stop glorifying her as a aagyakaari bahu. dhara was being a sherni infront of Shivi, krish, dev and gautam and announced her threat about leaving but she was shaking like a leaf when she was trying to reveal what happened. if she was so right, she wouldn't so hesitant in revealing the truth and def not after so much pressure from circumstances and suman's questions. so i am not going to sit here and glorify her as the writers have done enough of that. so far suman not giving her well deserved due for being there for 10 years is concerned, dhara chose to come in this family and chose to become a mother to her devars. nobody asked her to any of these things. it was a choice. so no need to glorify that. moreover her not having kids was a practical choice in that situation due to their financial issues as well as family situation. i am not saying she hasnt done a lot for pandya family but it was not an ehsaan. it was her responsibility which she chose to take upon herself. nobody gave it to her so there is no need to treat her like a victim or some devi. 

💯 You actually said it all! 

ITV has had a downward trend since a few brilliant times at the beginning of its conception. There were stellar shows with actors like Nasrudheen Shah in the 80s or 90’s (not sure which). There were even some ahead of time storylines. The shows had limited episodes with crisp storylines. 

Once the saas bahu dramas started its gone down the drain and even though Star Plus changed its by line the core sees no change.

Bahu has to be mahanta ki moorthi. Bahu has to be a doormat. 

I won’t justify Dhara beating Shiva and Krish - it was wrong but Suman has no right to throw her out for that. Her 2nd born was responsible for majority of the marriage fiasco mess and he has gone largely scot free. If it’s justice she wants to see, it should be delivered equally.

Don’t keep much hopes from ITV. That’s a route to unhappiness.

Originally posted by john909

very well said! dhara's behavior has absolutely no justification, no matter how many rights she has or how many sacrifices she made 🤢

she is completely wrong. period.