Pandya Store Scene Game

Posted: 2 years ago

I was thinking about making this post from yesterday and I was curious as to all your thoughts...

The game is fairly simple... choose 1 scene to remove from the show (we'll pretend it never even happened) and explain how removing the scene would make the show ultimately better. As part of the solution, you can add mini-scenes. 

For discussion's sake, no one is allowed to use the Dhara beating scene as we all want to remove the scene from the memory! Also, please don't repeat scenes! I am curious to see how many scenes we've been disgruntled over...

Here's my take:

Shiva and Dev Secretly Trying To Take Food despite Dhara telling them that they can only eat their wives' food. 

My Problems with the Scene:

-These are two grown men who have been completely 'infantized' by the CV's to drive home the main message of 'Bhabi is the Best!'

-Dev acting this way is completely disrespectful to Rishita. He's loved her for 2 years. She left her family for him, but he is willing to leave her for some food? Makes no sense and makes their relationship seem a lot more flimsy with Rishita doing all the work and Dev reaping the benefits

-Thinking about it, Shiva acting this way didn't make complete sense to me either. Yes, he doesn't like Raavi and prefers his bhabi's cooking as that's all he has ever known. But, this one action seemed a little OTT to his initial character for my liking (feel free to argue). I don't mind an emotional Shiva when it comes to Dhara. But an infantized Shiva? Not really my cup of tea... Honestly his relationship with Dhara is a little OTT for my liking but that's another problem!

-Showing such a scene sets the stage that in the future, these brothers will do anything for their bhabi even if it means leaving their wives behind (I make this claim because Dev who has been in a relationship for 2 years acted this way too)

Solution to the Scene:

-Completely get rid of it. CVs should've just panned over to the 3 couples eating and Krish eating

Additions to the scene can include

-Showing a scene of Shiva eating Raavi's food while being disgruntled. He accidentally eats everything all while complaining and then they begin to argue, and after they tire out, they realize it's better to just order food. Then the CVs could've panned in on the kachori scene where Shiva makes sure Raavi eats (also, this scene could've informed Raavi just how much Shiva eats, which would've made today's dinner scene a little more meaningful as she now knows approximately what to serve him)

-Showing a scene of Dev eating Rishita's sandwiches and after a few bites, confessing that he's always preferred Gujrati cuisine over Western food. It could've been a meaningful scene where Rishita learns more about Dev's preferences (therefore, CVs could've added a dialogue of "Kheer for you Dev... because you like Gujrati cuisine" and again, tied both scenes)

I'll stop ranting now, but I am curious for all your thoughts!

Problem scene: As much as i love Shivi the clothes over the bed scene was just unnecessary( including the clothes falling on them) I know Shiva explained that he would not hang his clothes outside, but they're in a haveli, with multiple corridors, rooms and bathrooms.

Solution: It would have actually made more sense to have them hanging in the bathroom and maybe move the bathtub scene here. (cant remember if it came before or afyer but that scene placement was also awkward af) 

Originally posted by Miss.M

Problem scene: As much as i love Shivi the clothes over the bed scene was just unnecessary( including the clothes falling on them) I know Shiva explained that he would not hang his clothes outside, but they're in a haveli, with multiple corridors, rooms and bathrooms.

Solution: It would have actually made more sense to have them hanging in the bathroom and maybe move the bathtub scene here. (cant remember if it came before or afyer but that scene placement was also awkward af) 

🤣 You are absolutely right! I was too busy laughing at the clothes scene the first time I watched it. Clothes never fall on me that poetically 🤣 And with all the dripping water from the clothes, it would've made sense for Raavi to trip and fall onto Shiva, making them both fall into the bathtub... though I don't know why the bathtub would be filled with water 🤣

I would like to remove the scene where shiva burns his hands to get dhara's attention.

That came across as an immature and childish act of shiva plus it was badly shot .the way raavi came running to save him from so far away😷 and lastly the slow motion scene of dhara looking at his hand and then turning away when shiva looked at her was a cringe to watch🤧🤧.

Originally posted by milkcakejamun

🤣 You are absolutely right! I was too busy laughing at the clothes scene the first time I watched it. Clothes never fall on me that poetically 🤣 And with all the dripping water from the clothes, it would've made sense for Raavi to trip and fall onto Shiva, making them both fall into the bathtub... though I don't know why the bathtub would be filled with water 🤣

he might have filled it for himself or was anticipating some action🤣

I was happy with Shiva filling it up... But you make a valid point. Maybe he's filling it up but has left the bathroom door ajar (to keep the mirror from steaming up) whilst he's shaving. Raavi comes in thinking Shiva is being irresponsible and comes to turn the tap off not seeing him there, she slips on the water, pulls onto the clothes, which he grabs and slips as well into the tub. 

Every dhara scene post Kesar track ... U know why !! 

Originally posted by Miss.M

I was happy with Shiva filling it up... But you make a valid point. Maybe he's filling it up but has left the bathroom door ajar (to keep the mirror from steaming up) whilst he's shaving. Raavi comes in thinking Shiva is being irresponsible and comes to turn the tap off not seeing him there, she slips on the water, pulls onto the clothes, which he grabs and slips as well into the tub. 

Hahaha, you're scene is the perfect combo of both scenes! Bathtub + Raavi pulling on clothes line = clothes falling onto them while they are in a bathtub 🤣

Originally posted by mahajanaish

Every dhara scene post Kesar track ... U know why !! 

I've never been so mad and angry at scriptwriters for ruining a perfectly well-written character!

Hahaha, you're scene is the perfect combo of both scenes! Bathtub + Raavi pulling on clothes line = clothes falling onto them while they are in a bathtub 🤣

Plus those clothes will be extra clean so no pocha with his clothes anymore!

Edited by Miss.M - 2 years ago