2 BW movies which have achieved cult status on the Internet!

Posted: 2 years ago

1. Tamasha : My take on the movie is that it was powerful and had its heart in the right place, but just wasn't cohesive enough to fuel engagement. The movie was all over the place, maybe Imtiaz wanted it that way, but that prevented the audience from latching onto it completely. It had many glorious, golden moments, which will stay etched in my mind forever, like the bonding of the two leads in Corsica, the reunion scene of Ved and Tara, the scene where Ved confronts his parents. But moments alone can't build a movie -- these moments need to be strung together by an engaging screenplay and the movie fell behind in this aspect.

What will stay forever is the phenomenal performances by both leads, each complementing the other, one as the heart of the film(Ranbir) and the other the soul of the film(Deepika).

2. Meri Pyaari Bindu - It does have a breezy, unassuming charm about it, and it grows on you. The characters, both flawed and extremely real, end up drawing you in, rather than estranging you, and the music is endearing, to say the least. You might want to give this one a try, if you like offbeat love stories and grew up in the 80's and 90's with Hindi film music as your daily anthem.

Did you like either/both of these movies??

Edited by mintyblue - 2 years ago

I never bothered to watch either 

But I keep trying to get an exact synopsis of Tamasha and Iā€™m always told something else each time šŸ˜†

Do you even know the meaning of cult status? A movie getting cult status means the movie is doing numbers on TV/VOD/OTT viewing or DVD sells. The aforementioned movies have been doing none of the above. 10 fans of the actors chanting about the movie on social media every fortnight doesn't give the film cult status.  

Edited by Galouti - 2 years ago

Tamsha Sucked big time
the big question here is when and where did it achieved that cult status you are talking about? I never meet any body who liked it apart from some Deepika ass lickers in this forum.

Originally posted by forza

Tamsha Sucked big time
the big question here is when and where did it achieved that cult status you are talking about? I never meet any body who liked it apart from some Deepika ass lickers in this forum.

Didnt have a success party and the later they learned the film never turned a profit. Even Ranbir was embarrassed at that šŸ¤£

Originally posted by Galouti

Do you even know the meaning of cult status? A movie getting cult status means the movie is doing numbers on TV/VOD/OTT viewing or DVD sells. The aforementioned movies have been doing none of the above. 10 fans of the actors chanting about the movie on social media every fortnight does give the film cult status.  

I think you are the one who doesn't know the meaning of cult, especially the bolded part has nothing to do with cult status.

Please look up the meaning online.

Which internet exactly?

Originally posted by NoraSM

Which internet exactly?

Chinchpokli filmclub called this a cult film then it's a cult film. šŸ¤” 

Films that have truly gained cult status on the internet are:

1. Gunda

2. Andaz Apna Apna

Originally posted by moonv

Films that have truly gained cult status on the internet are:

1. Gunda

2. Andaz Apna Apna

Don't forget Sooryavansham, a critical and commercial failure, got its huge viewers and fanbase many years later. It's an oft-repeated film on Set Max coz it gets good views every time they air it.