Rupi di's defense of Imlie v/s BK's defense of Imlie

Posted: 2 years ago

I think most people here can agree that right now the only two people pushing back against the insanity of the Ts and Cs are Rupi di and BK.....albeit for very different reasons....and some of it is worth getting into in more detail, specifically from Rupi di's side. 

Let's start with the easier one first....Badke Kaka a.k.a humaare BK.....he has thankfully been allowed to keep his wits about him even as the darkness unleashed by Dementor Didi has otherwise taken over the minds of all Ts.....Cs se toh waise hi kisi ko expectation nahin thi. For now, BK is sticking to the heart of the matter....that there are clearly problems between Adi and Malini that they need to sort out amongst themselves.....Malini taking such an extreme step of committing suicide was a WRONG thing that should not be further coddled by treating everyone else as the problem but her. So it makes absolute zero sense to lay the blame on Imlie rather than questioning Malini directly. 

Someone had to say it and BK got to put it in simple terms....they've all lost their minds. In terms of a storytelling device, I see the writers building up the scenario of how one weak minded, manipulative person can spread darkness to pretty much everyone she comes into contact with....especially if those people are weak minded themselves....which is what most of the Ts are proving to be. They are utterly debilitated by the extreme tamashas that Malini has been escalating since pretty much the time that Adi left for PD.....every day has been an endless loop of her breakdowns.....and because she keeps putting on a happy face without resolving anything, the Ts look for scapegoats to blame rather than questioning the person who starts all the tamashas and dramatic arguments in the house.....aka Ms. Malini. So this entire gang just wants peace in their house and they are willing to pay any price other than standing up to the source of the problem (Malini)....so that price for now seems to be Imlie. BK is the lone voice of sanity among the elders pointing out how senseless they are being but he is being dismissed as "biased" in his love for Imlie.....lol......this also shows the struggle between those who are more caught up in maintaining appearances v/s those who stand up for the blunt truth......the senior T ladies and bhabhi ka chamcha clearly fall in the former category and BK/Rupi di fall into the latter.....albeit for different reasons. 

Which then brings me to Rupi di.....while I was quite happy to see her supporting Imlie when she learnt the truth, in most of the subsequent scenes since then where she's stood up for Imlie, I can't help but notice a pattern of vicariousness.....every word of support for Imlie sounds more like she wants to take a belated stand for her own situation and she is projecting that onto Imlie. Which then compels me to question how solid her support for Imlie really is or this is all just about living vicariously though supporting Imlie😆.....all her lashing out against her family is about how they are supposedly not supporting Imlie cuz she isn't doing what they want.....but that is hardly the sum of the matter. 

If Rupi really wants to support Imlie and she already has the "blunt speaker" tag in the family too, what's stopping her from pointing out over and over that Malini has mistreated Imlie? This is beyond just absolving Imlie of blame....they all need to remember how Malini behaved with Imlie too....yes I get that she managed to hoodwink them all with a lame token apology next morning, but if indeed Rupi di wants to support Imlie, it has to be about more than projection. If you truly want to differentiate yourself from the rest of your family😛, then find a way point out Malini's ill-treatment of Imlie...tab maanenge aapko😆....tab tak ke liye yeh token push backs where you keep correlating Imlie to yourself and your past😆.....that really isn't going to help the poor girl. Apne se aage socho thoda, Rupi di😆

So in summary, BK's support of Imlie still sounds more practical/logical than that of Rupi di....she is muddling it up a bit by correlating it to her own issues.....if she truly wants to help and support, she needs to talk to Adi obviously too and not just mention that Imlie is not to blame but also point out who exactly is demeaning her in the house....and who exactly is the real cause of the darkness spreading in the house. 

Edited by AreYaar - 2 years ago

Great post! BK has definitely been the more logical one. Even when Adi left for PD and Malini was having her constant breakdown, he told Malini that whatever be the issue, Adi and Malini have to solve it - pretty much told her she can’t involve the whole family in everything. 

Another thing I noticed in the last episode is that when the entire family was pushing Adi to bring her back home and asking him to nibhao is farz towards Malini, BK said it was important to keep Malini positive. I thought that was interesting and logical in that situation. 
 I think when the truth comes out BK will understand Adi and provide the support he needs as he is more practical and not the emotional type. 
 As far as Rupi di is concerned she really needs to talk to Adi - especially if Imlie ends up leaving the house for some reason, Adi will need someone on his side. 

Originally posted by sandyjayaram

Great post! BK has definitely been the more logical one. Even when Adi left for PD and Malini was having her constant breakdown, he told Malini that whatever be the issue, Adi and Malini have to solve it - pretty much told her she can’t involve the whole family in everything. 

Another thing I noticed in the last episode is that when the entire family was pushing Adi to bring her back home and asking him to nibhao is farz towards Malini, BK said it was important to keep Malini positive. I thought that was interesting and logical in that situation. 
 I think when the truth comes out BK will understand Adi and provide the support he needs as he is more practical and not the emotional type. 
 As far as Rupi di is concerned she really needs to talk to Adi - especially if Imlie ends up leaving the house for some reason, Adi will need someone on his side. 

Thanks, Sandy :)

@bold: Oh I guess I missed this bit.....there was so much that I was zoning out in this epi cuz every scene was just about people talking about Malini non-stop😳😆

I don't know the context but I'm gonna presume that BK meant it was important to provide positive support to Malini......and that's logical enough given she's a recovering suicide patient.....but what I don't agree with is ordering people around to grovel before her in the name of "keeping positivity"....that's a facade, not any real positivity.

Waise bhi BK is clueless ki aisi Dementor personality mein koi positivity nahin bhar sakta....but oh well.....

As for his reaction to the truth....lol that's a long way away so not thinking about who will support Adi then....I wouldn't say BK is not emotional....he's gotten emotional about Imlie so many times and even his history with Nishant shows he does get emotional......but he is more in the same righteous ideals wala mould as Adi and Imlie are.....so he will definitely understand their perspective when the time comes and not look for easy scapegoats like the others. 

Poor BK doesn't know that any advice he gives to Malini will fall on deaf ears....she has been making a tamasha of their marital issues from the very moment Adi left for PD.....so it was only going to go downhill from there. 

Edited by AreYaar - 2 years ago

BK's support is logical...but as he said in last "jo krna hai Karo main tum logon ke saath nhi hun es decision mein" it's like 1 against many.....bk ka support Kitna matter krta hai final decision lene mein that would be worth-watching .

Also jn precap AC ki demand hai imlie ghar mein na rhe....baaki Ts except bk and rupi di to Maan hi jayenge....AC ye na khe ke imlie ko mere ghar bhej do...🤔🤔🤔🤔

Jahan tak rupi di ka sawal hai...

You are right in some way AY

But right now imlie ko jitna support mile utna Kam hai.....uske dimag mein vaise bhi selfless acts ke alawa kuch jata nhi hai.... and yes rupi di needs to talk to Adi very soon... 🤞🤞🤞

Alag se post 😲  Good one though!

You know my love for BK. But despite those blinders I actually would not have expected anything less from him because of two things - his equation with Imlie is different from everyone else in the house and Aditya is not his son. Due to the latter he is able to see the situation a little more in an unbiased manner than had it been Nishant in the same place. He needed prodding to be objective when it came to Nishant during that return saga of his. 

There’s a lot more at stake for Pankaj and Aparna so they allow their emotions to blind them, even if it means making a 19 year old the scapegoat. BKaki is inherently weak so she really does not need much to sway to the side everyone else is on. It is just easier to blame the first outside person for their troubles because otherwise it would mean accepting that the problem is inside the family. And who really wants to acknowledge that. It is like complaining to God ki why are you putting me through so much when probably your own missteps have led you to that place. 

Rupali - I agree on the vicariousness part of it. She is fighting a pseudo battle for herself but even that not to the extent that is needed. A lot of it is currently circumstantial; Malini is in the hospital, the family is emotional and Aditya is busy trying to “care” for her. Will she even go beyond it? Not until she talks to Aditya. Will they even let that happen? I do not know with the way everything is going. Will she ever tell anything about Malini - I do not think so because remember even she thinks what’s happened/ happening with Malini is unfair. 

Imlie ke battles use khud ladne honge unfortunately because however much BK, Rupali or Aditya try to support her, until anyone of them does anything concrete it is not really of any help to her anyway. 

Interesting take AY!!! 

BKs is being very logical.. when Nishant said something like Bhabhi Hume chodke nahi jayengi he pushed by saying she went to Cs on her own accord. That was a significant push back. 

BK understands that situation is not as simple as the Ts n Cs are making it out to be. He has been walking a very thin line of being concern towards Ms well-being and blame on Aditya. He gets the gist that A - M are hving more than normal marital discord. His love for Imlie has been like a father and his trust in her is well earned. So his defense makes a ton in sense. 

Rupali Di.. as of now she has been mama bear but u r right in pointing out that she is trying to make amends with her own past through I there must be some more meat added to her stand to make it more than token push backs. 

Keeping logic aside I think Rupi do knows truth to a generational support in her corner. All Elders and Nishant in Ms corner except BK. So rupi di in Imlie n Aditya’s corner to balance the house when the chaos of truth will erupt

Edited by _Seera_ - 2 years ago

Agreed! Rupi didis defense of imlie stems from her disillusionment with her own situation. And the support from BK is organic. Hoping BK stays that way. Nishant on the other hand is completely partisan in his support for malini. Abhi tak adi se sach jaan ne ki koshish nahi ki before jumping to his own conclusions. He is internalizing the blame for adi malini issues on imlie even though he is not verbally saying it, his actions prove otherwise. I sincerely hope the writing is redeemed sooner than later. Let us see how the episodes unfold this week.

Originally posted by MuteButton

Alag se post 😲  Good one though!

You know my love for BK. But despite those blinders I actually would not have expected anything less from him because of two things - his equation with Imlie is different from everyone else in the house and Aditya is not his son. Due to the latter he is able to see the situation a little more in an unbiased manner than had it been Nishant in the same place. He needed prodding to be objective when it came to Nishant during that return saga of his. 

There’s a lot more at stake for Pankaj and Aparna so they allow their emotions to blind them, even if it means making a 19 year old the scapegoat. BKaki is inherently weak so she really does not need much to sway to the side everyone else is on. It is just easier to blame the first outside person for their troubles because otherwise it would mean accepting that the problem is inside the family. And who really wants to acknowledge that. It is like complaining to God ki why are you putting me through so much when probably your own missteps have led you to that place. 

Rupali - I agree on the vicariousness part of it. She is fighting a pseudo battle for herself but even that not to the extent that is needed. A lot of it is currently circumstantial; Malini is in the hospital, the family is emotional and Aditya is busy trying to “care” for her. Will she even go beyond it? Not until she talks to Aditya. Will they even let that happen? I do not know with the way everything is going. Will she ever tell anything about Malini - I do not think so because remember even she thinks what’s happened/ happening with Malini is unfair. 

Imlie ke battles use khud ladne honge unfortunately because however much BK, Rupali or Aditya try to support her, until anyone of them does anything concrete it is not really of any help to her anyway. 

Haan, socha, itne faltu topics bante hain weekend pe, thoda logical bhi banaa dein😛

Re: BK....yes I agree...it helps that Adi is not his own son so he isn't swayed that emotionally as he would be if the situation involved Nishant. And then yes, he has a seperate equation with Imlie compared to the others in the house....

Re: Pankaj-Aparna....lol arey outside person ko blame karne se pehle kar toh liya apni khud ki family ko itna blame....remember how long they've been laying all blame on Adi alone? 😆....woh toh family hai na? lol even if it doesn't appear like he is many times. But I do understand your point.....both the parents are getting into that defensive trenches wala position....where you pull all the "actual family" in to go into survival mode while keeping all "outsiders" out.....Pankaj-Aparna are looking at this as an existential threat, that is why they are willing to go to the level of having Imlie leave....cuz no matter how much they love her, she is not a part of the technical family....so they are willing to shed her in a moment of desperation if you will, thinking that baaki family family baat karke nipta lenge😆.....again shows their absolute cluelessness both about the situation as well as their only son that they think this tactic will ever work😆.

Re: Rupi....yeah can't say much about her until she actually has another detailed convo with either Imlie or the much awaited one with Adi....until then her support will mostly feel token cuz she isn't really putting out any suggested solutions either other than the generic "sach bataa do".....lol.....if she also stays silent in the face of Malini again managing to berate Imlie for something, then her support is also going to end up useless. 

Imlie yeh wala battle sadly khud nahin ladegi....she will never feel the right to in her Didi guilt....so I'm not expecting much from her currently. 

Interesting post.

BK has advised Malini to maintain her composure. Even after the fall out scene, he was the one who clearly said that the house isn't oblivious to Adi's miseries as they were to Malini's tears whereas others wanted to get to the main core ingredient responsible for the problem. Adi first mentioned  BK before anyone as why he wasn't his usual self. 

Rupi has undergone a traumatic experience wherein she received not much bolster but rather pity from her own family. When Imlie is on the receiving end of getting held accountable in order to maintain a picture perfect family by the Ts, Rupi is reminding them about not doing the equivalent thing to Imlie because she's been through the phase before. 

Similar thing is occurring with Imlie thereby Rupi is rather justifying her point that Ts are looking to scapegoat individuals who would be credulous to their directions, as in this case it is about who is responsible for breaking their marriage. First Adi, then Imlie. 

I think, as MB said, there are some conflicts that Imlie has deal by herself whether she's up for it or not. 

Originally posted by _Seera_

Interesting take AY!!! 

BKs is being very logical.. when Nishant said something like Bhabhi Hume chodke nahi jayengi he pushed by saying she went to Cs on her own accord. That was a significant push back. 

BK understands that situation is not as simple as the Ts n Cs are making it out to be. He has been walking a very thin line of being concern towards Ms well-being and blame on Aditya. He gets the gist that A - M are hving more than normal marital discord. His love for Imlie has been like a father and his trust in her is well earned. So his defense makes a ton in sense. 

Rupali Di.. as of now she has been mama bear but u r right in pointing out that she is trying to make amends with her own past through I there must be some more meat added to her stand to make it more than token push backs. 

Keeping logic aside I think Rupi do knows truth to a generational support in her corner. All Elders and Nishant in Ms corner except BK. So rupi di in Imlie n Aditya’s corner to balance the house when the chaos of truth will erupt

Thanks, Seera :)

@bold: Yes, that's a good point....they have set up Rupi as the one who knows the truth to provide one supportive voice for Adi within his generation as compared to an elder finding out cuz they would likely have been more swayed by Malini as they are being now also. 

BK has a streak of practicality where he doesn't get swayed by emotional dramas for the sake of it....that is why he is able to point things out candidly like the fact that Malini left the house on her own both times.....that's something Adi has also been saying and it's a factual statement but everyone still wants to blame Adi as if he somehow made Malini leave.