Posted: 2 years ago

After having watched the episode last night and a few recent episodes, I can’t understand why out of the blue is Ahiliya determined to want to study now especially when she could have done so when she was living at her parental home before marriage.  She spent all her time running around in the village when that time could have been better utilised.🤷🏽‍♀️ Have I missed out something ? Does she want to compete with her husband to prove to her in laws that she is better than him? 

I feel that she is a character that is created to annoy or rub people the wrong way...the priest, her parents, villagers, teacher, elders in the village and now her in laws!   I look at it at someone who is very spoilt and always wants things to go her way - she won’t take No for an answer. 😔

How does the forum feel about Ahiliya’s character? 

Stay safe 🙏🏽

I'm not too sure of the personality TBH because my question is did Ahilya obtain her education before marriage or post marriage? On her wiki page, someone posted that her father taught her to read & write contrary to the societal norms. But was this before marriage or post marriage?

Again, creative liberty pertaining to mytho/historical-based shows isn't an anomaly. I'm pretty sure Ahilyabai must've been more different than what is being shown because some of plots are generated from the native folklores and/or legends as we don't know what really happened in actuality. 

You don't decide when a particular idea strikes and houses itself within you. Back at home, although she was quite different, she still had a lot to see. When she married, she saw a world way beyond her own little one. It must've filled her with curiosity and bewilderment, and made her realize she needed literacy and education to go on. 

The seeds of the desire to study were probably born the moment Gautamabai taunted her for not knowing the counting a couple of weeks back. The unfair treatment at home further fuelled her desire to learn more. 

I have no idea about the original content, but I didn't think her wish to study was all that out-of-the-blue. It was already there and then it took form of a tree-like structure, and she can no longer ignore it. 

Originally posted by Metamorphosis

You don't decide when a particular idea strikes and houses itself within you. Back at home, although she was quite different, she still had a lot to see. When she married, she saw a world way beyond her own little one. It must've filled her with curiosity and bewilderment, and made her realize she needed literacy and education to go on. Yes, she has lived a more laxed life in comparison to her in-laws where she felt confined to rules & torture. 

The seeds of the desire to study were probably born the moment Gautamabai taunted her for not knowing the counting a couple of weeks back. The unfair treatment at home further fuelled her desire to learn more. I think even her mother has dissuaded her from studying but I think it was more of a passive form -- she still loved Ahilya but wasn't really in favor of Ahilya's desire to obtain education. Gautamabai's methods were more apparent therefore catalyzing her scenario, probably. 

I have no idea about the original content, but I didn't think her wish to study was all that out-of-the-blue. It was already there and then it took form of a tree-like structure, and she can no longer ignore it. 

Thank you everyone for your comments ...makes sense now because i stopped watching when Malhar went out of town as I cannot bear Gautama and her attitude as well as her biased treatment of Ahiliya 

May be true. But the way Ahilya goes about it makes her most irritating. Once she is in raj mahal she wants to go to durbar and air her ideas. No amount of bullying by Gautama has any effect on this kid. She is adamant and goes on and on. Making cute gestures does not mask the fact that she is adamant. She stayed that way. 

Regarding studies she should have compared herself with her brothers . If she can make a turban for herself and do to other things a boy does why did not she insist on studying? 

No excuse or explanation holds good  for her adamant behaviour. 

Also are all the ranis illiterate? Do they not need some education to handle their duties? 

Over seeing repairs requires keeping accounts isn't it?  I find it strange that they are against reading and writing. May be they are short of reading material and writing material. LOL

Harku even has a book. Prayer book but still a book. If she knows to read and write she can teach Ahilya. 

In any case what is the big drama regarding education for women? 

The real life Ahilya must have been a more responsible and mature character not like this kid who babbles on and on to the point of irritation. 

No excuse or explanation is good enough for her sudden obsession with education. 

Khanderao is useless. They way his character is painted. He is jealous of Ahilya and is afraid she will sit in the throne instead of him if she studies. Tch tch tch 

If you want to stay ahead of Ahilya then make yourself better  Sir. Don't push somebody down to make yourself higher. 

Strange this guy is a musician. Ahilya is a no gooder she just talks and is trying to be champion of the underdog. that too in her age. 

She has no appreciation of his music talent. In fact no one in the haveli is appreciating his talent.

They are no good and they don't appreciate anyone good. Ahilya is also that way. Just good for talking talking talking irritaitng the hell out of viewers. 

When she says her Daadji says blah blah blah you feel like beating up her Daadji as well. Really.

Ahilya ... sudden obessions are no good. 

Should have worked on your alphabets before marriage instead of  cowhering or shepherding dear.  Then it  would have made more sense. 

May be this is another explanation. She wants some kind of importance since she is being constantly put down by her mom in law. in the village nobody put her down at least not her parents and so she did not feel the need for educaiton. Just dada giri was enough then.Tch tch tch....

agree...

she is stubborn or irritating, her or the orig character...hard to confirm, but she does whatever she wants...left palace, sold uplas....

meeting renu and her feminist description of being queen she still has no choices....too overdramatic..

WIll Malhar Rao allow her to study...ofcourse we know by trailers.

can see why khanderao is so insecure...from moms apron strings, still tied to sehra controlled by wife.,,,,hmmmm

was he really a musician in real life?

can anyone pls confirm...did her daughter really commit sati and she have her son killed for being demonic in nature?

Originally posted by prernacda

agree...

she is stubborn or irritating, her or the orig character...hard to confirm, but she does whatever she wants...left palace, sold uplas....

meeting renu and her feminist description of being queen she still has no choices....too overdramatic..

Sorry, dude, how exactly is anything you mentioned overdramatic? I mean, the purpose of her entire character is her rebellious nature. How is that irritating? She left home twice — once because she was a child who didn't receive the love she thought she deserved. The second time it was because she is too empathetic and wanted to help the girl she once met. What's wrong in selling upalas though? 🙄🙄

Just my pov..finding her irritating,

Not selling upalas, she was supposed to be 9...don't know, some things are over the top

Just gyan and taking over...

Smarter than everyone else....around her...

Most princesses were homeschooled since a long time, girls from ordinary families did not get this privilege. Let's see how long they gonna stretch this story! 

But I'm glad Malharrao is back