•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

Charmi stood in the serene temple of Dwarka.. staring at the idol of the Lord. Her thoughts in turmoil a stark contrast to what she had felt a year ago.

Almost a year ago, she was stepping out of the hospital exhausted and broken wanting to get away from chaos of the hospital. It had been a terrible day, a terrible week actually. One of her patients had progressively deteriorated. As a dermatologist there were very few medical emergencies and Steven Johnson's syndrome was a bad one. The patient had come with a severe drug allergy. She was young girl and Charmi had tried everything she possibly could do to treat it. Sometimes things were not under your control and she definitely not at fault, but the mind just doesn't agree. It looks at every alternative thing that could have done and points blame. Today the patient had succumbed to her condition, infection and sepsis. Charmi just wanted some peace, wanted to say a prayer and calm her troubled mind.

She was looking for a cab and as she raised her hand she heard a male voice simultaneously call out "taxi!"

Things happened very quickly, she was in the taxi and at the same time the other door opened and another person had gotten in.

She recalled looking into eyes that exactly mirrored hers. Pain, anguish and failure. They both looked at each other and finally broke the gaze when the taxiwala asked " kahan jana hai?"

The doctor in Charmi immediately kicked in, with that look and taking a taxi so close to the hospital, it was most probably a patient. "Aap please ye taxi lijiye main doosri le loongi" she said.

A defeated voice had replied " Nahi koi baat nahi, aap le lijiye, mujhe kahin jaane ki jaldi nahi hai"

"Nahi aap..." " Are meri taxi hai, aap dono ko kahan jaana hai pehle ye bataiye" cut in the taxi driver.

"Mandir" they both replied unison, and looked at each other and had smiled.

This first encounter had been the foundation of their relationship. She had learnt his name to be Shobith. After praying at the Temple, something made them continue to talk to each other.

She had learnt over time that Shobith was suffering from Post traumatic stress disorder, he was attending the hospital for weekly therapy sessions to get over the trauma of being in a fatal accident that had led to his brother's blindness. He could no longer drive a car without having flashes of that traumatic event. That particular day he was struggling just like she was. She had learnt over time how wonderful a human he is and they had both fallen inll love.

The thought jolted her to the present. "Love" 

A giggle was followed by a sob.. what love?!.. 

Today Shobith had broken her heart. He has oh so very easily told her that they had to end the relationship as he had the one chance to redeem himself and provide some happiness to his brother and his mom.

With resolve Charmi wiped her tears folded her hands and bent her head in prayer. With a final bow she marched on to the 'Raval's house'.

"Mrs Rajvi Raval", Shobith heard Charmi's voice break through the silence of the house. Wait! Charmi? Here? Her rushed out to the hall, but saw that his family had already gathered there, especially his mom. 

Shobith felt his heart racing, he saw Charmi appearing broken and dejected just liked the first day he had seen her when they had gotten into the taxi. She had actually dozed off on their way to the Temple. Seeing her attire, coat he had realized she was a doctor. She must have had a busy day at the hospital to have dosed off even on their 10 min drive to the Temple. He has gently woken her up when they had reached. Once done with their prayers, they had began to talk and he had felt the most peace he had felt in ages, something even therapy had not achieved for him. After that day they had regularly been in contact and it was not difficult to fall in love with her beautiful soul.

" Khush hai aap?, Khush hai ek bete ki khushi Ke liye disre ki bali chada kar?" He was broken from his reviere by Charmi's shrill voice.

"Kaun ho tum or kya bol rahi ho?" Rajvi asked perplexed at this girl barging in and asking questions.

"Dekho beta.." Shobith's dad who recognized her began to intervene, but Rajvi interjected.. "Aap jante hai isse? Arey batao kaun ho tum, kya chahti ho?"

Shobith looked form one to the other, his heart thudding as to what would happen.

"I am that that girl whose loved was trampled upon just for your happiness! I am that girl who was not even asked what she would like to do with her life choices. I am that girl who even without being part of the family has been bearing the brunt of a fateful accident and trauma. I am that girl because of who you are all able to have these weddings!"

"I don't understand.. " exclaimed Rajvi.

Shobith intervened " Charmi, please, I've told you we can't have a relationship, there is no point of coming here and talking to my mom like this"

" You of all people should know that there is no point in talking to me Shobith. You lost of your rights the day you decided to break our relationship even without asking me my opinion"

Shobith just stepped back, he saw the rage in Charmi's eyes, what had he done?! Where had he gone so wrong. She was right he had no rights to talk to her, hell he wasn't even worthy of standing in front of her.

"Mrs Raval and the entire family, I am Charmi and I am here to tell you that, in the process of doing right by your blind son, you have always wronged your younger son and today you have wronged a girl who loved him. Remember this face every time you have happiness in this house. Because I only wish you happiness and please know it has come into your lives only because my own has been clouded by sadness. Mrs Rajvi Raval, I wish you open your eyes to the other members in your family. Your universe doesn't revolve around Darsh. Please know a woman gave up her love only so that your love as mother could be received by both your son's. Good bye". Charmi stormed out. Out of the house and out of their lives.

Silence had ensued, a silence that remained in Shobith's life for a very long time.

**P.S: this is my very first piece of writing, not just on this forum, but my very first ever. So hope you all liked to read this ShoMi OS from my POV. Feedback is most welcome**

Awesome one dear 

But it will never happen in serials u know

They do all the torture, break hearts and one sorry, they will be back forgetting everything 

No self respect or anything 

Getting vexed of such stories/serials 

If this one goes on original, charmi will be back with Sobhit after all the GB drama,

I don’t want this to happen, it’s his mistake to not stand for his love

Why should she marry an already married guy??

She deserves a person who loves her wholly 

Edited by Swetyz - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Swetyz

Awesome one dear 

But it will never happen in serials u know

They do all the torture, break hearts and one sorry, they will be back forgetting everything 

No self respect or anything 

Getting vexed of such stories/serials 

If this one goes on original, charmi will be back with Sobhit after all the GB drama,

I don’t want this to happen, it’s his mistake to not stand for his love

Why should she marry an already married guy??

She deserves a person who loves her wholly 

Thank you 😊

Yes I know the serial may never show these things and if it goes according to the OG then it's going to be pretty bad. That's why I thought anyway can't see things happen in reality so can imagine and write fiction 😆

😭😭😭

Loved it! It was just amazing! I hope this happens in the original track! 

Charmi is a young, independent woman and i am hoping she will make sure her voice is heard!

Originally posted by dinazz

😭😭😭

Loved it! It was just amazing! I hope this happens in the original track! 

Charmi is a young, independent woman and i am hoping she will make sure her voice is heard!

Thank you so much!

Yes really hop we get to see Charmi's POV. Shobu is still ignoring her calls so I don't know what happening there!

I am 🥺

They are going the original's way 

😭😭😭 

*sniffs* It was such a beautiful depiction of Charmi's anguish, now let me go and mourn in peace.

Oh my Shomi/Shormi 💔

Originally posted by 999loveyourself

I am 🥺

They are going the original's way 

😭😭😭 

*sniffs* It was such a beautiful depiction of Charmi's anguish, now let me go and mourn in peace.

Oh my Shomi/Shormi 💔

Rose dear, big hugs.. ShorMi ship seems to be sinking unfortunately💔

Originally posted by ArVi-licious

Rose dear, big hugs.. ShorMi ship seems to be sinking unfortunately💔

NO!! 😭

Posted: 2 years ago

Awsome loved it... good charvi did so.  She did correct