Indian Idol 12

Do you want Sireesha and Nachiket to return for wildcard?

Throwawayacc thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Assuming they are invited, what are your thoughts? 

At one point I really wanted both to come back. But thinking it through, neither will ever be hyped enough by these judges to garner enough public support for top five. The channel is already set on who they want to continue till the end.

I’d rather they focus on getting playback opportunities instead of being disrespected again by returning to boost TRP only to be sent home in a week or two. They both have very bright futures, Sireesha has a promising future in the South having already sung two tracks for ARR and I’m sure Nachiket will be equally successful in the Marathi industry. 

Edited by Throwawayacc - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Throwawayacc thumbnail

Same goes for Anushka. Really hope some director picks her up because I seriously love her tone so so much.

Aditi_X thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I agree. As much as I wanted to see them in the grand finale, what matters is that they grow in their careers and we, as an audience, are lucky enough to keep on hearing them sing. I'd only accept a wild card entry if they make it to the top 5. Like in season 11, Ankona entered by wild card and placed third (if I'm not wrong). On the other hand, Stuti also entered by wild card but was eliminated again two weeks later. If Nachiket and Sireesha aren't going to be given their fair share of screen space, then they shouldn't come back just to be eliminated again.

Throwawayacc thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aditi_MM

I agree. As much as I wanted to see them in the grand finale, what matters is that they grow in their careers and we, as an audience, are lucky enough to keep on hearing them sing. I'd only accept a wild card entry if they make it to the top 5. Like in season 11, Ankona entered by wild card and placed third (if I'm not wrong). On the other hand, Stuti also entered by wild card but was eliminated again two weeks later. If Nachiket and Sireesha aren't going to be given their fair share of screen space, then they shouldn't come back just to be eliminated again.

Exactly. And I think they were primarily brought back because there weren’t enough girls in Season 11 (despite Ankona being the only voice I liked that season I always found it a little odd that they introduced an entirely new contestant so late in the season).

Also I just don’t see anyone aside from Pawandeep, Arunita, SMP, Danish, Sawai and Ashish making top six at this point. Always felt they sent away these two early because they were the only ones who could’ve posed a threat to anyone in the aforementioned six. 

Aditi_X thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Throwawayacc

Exactly. And I think they were primarily brought back because there weren’t enough girls in Season 11 (despite Ankona being the only voice I liked that season I always found it a little odd that they introduced an entirely new contestant so late in the season).

Also I just don’t see anyone aside from Pawandeep, Arunita, SMP, Danish, Sawai and Ashish making top six at this point. Always felt they sent away these two early because they were the only ones who could’ve posed a threat to anyone in the aforementioned six. 

It is so messed up that Indian Idol does this. I mean, why? Even in season 10, Soumya was eliminated because he was apparently a threat to Salman. Is it for TRP? Are there backstage under the table dealings we don't know about? Favoritism/Nepotism? 

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Right from the beginning Nachiket and Sireesha were my favourites and I’d love to see them on tv again.

However, this time the bias is glaring. There’s always some sort of bias, but this year they’ve outdone themselves. I don’t want Nachiket and Sireesha or anyone for that matter to come and be the next two to leave. Defeats the purpose. 

I’m happy Sireesha has started singing for AR Rehman, hoping this is only the beginning.

Yesterday Nachiket put up a picture in his IG story, I’m not sure if it’s a studio but he sure working on it. 
I hope they both do well for themselves. 

In a way good they got eliminated, no Indian Idol winner makes it big. The only relatively popular one is Revanth, down south. But then he was already an established singer. He’d been singing for a few years before II. Other than that Abhijit Sawant got some fame that’s vanished. But he was the first winner so understandable.

However, after all the backlash they’ve recieved I have no doubt if there is a wildcard round Nachiket will be brought in.

Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Are you sure there will be WC? I heard kaoil Sharma is coming back with his show in May.

mickymouse21 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Nachiket also said in his interview that he is unsure about wild cards this year..

But if its happening he will surely get reentry

Tambussam12345 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Saw the interview he had with Bollywood spy. I think if given the opportunity he will surely come back in wild entry. Great news for his fans if it happens😁

mickymouse21 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

The will be in top 5 then..and he deserves