Agni should not be a love interest at all

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

Agni should not be the love interest at all. There's no need for him a part of the show at all right now, and if Agni existed in real life, his character would just be creepy and be outright defined as a stalker.

Imagine a cop who starts flirting with you from first meeting even when you're visibly uncomfortable, and then he shows up at your house the next day, calls your sister a "sister in law" in front of you and tries to rent out a room in your house. In reality, I would never wish an obsessed person like that in any girl's life. And he's in a position of power, a cop?! If the show makers continue to develop him as a love interest for Garima, I might just lose interest in the show itself.

I'm here to watch how the girls convince their father to have them run their family shop, not here for a cop character trying to make a girl whose already disinterested in him suddenly fall for him.

Pramod is similarly obsessed with Susheela, BUT they have been friends for a long time before these feelings developed, and he has parents who have told him to NOT expect her to say yes to him, but to support her as a friend first and see where it goes. If Susheela herself decides to marry Pramod, I'm fine with that pair.

Agni hasn't even been in the show for more than one day, and he's already dreaming of having Garima marry him without realizing how she feels. He's literally making her uncomfortable.

When the show should be more focused on the girls getting to work in their shop as girls, the show makers introduce a potential male love interest, for what? Even Garima's previous love interest left the show cause he realized there's no scope for a male love interest with a complex background in this show, I think it's time the show makers realize it too and focus on the women and topic that this show is about.

Rinki_99 wrote a wonderful post on more of Agni's character, but I felt that it needs to be said again that this new character should not be a love interest at all right now. If he has another point in this show, I'd be interested in watching it, but right now, his scenes are too overbearing and creepy for me.

P.S I can't add hyperlinks cause I'm newbie. If you google Ankit and Kaatelal & Sons, a Times of India article will pop up about why he left. And Rinki's post is titled "funny vs disrespectful"

Originally posted by rainakrishq

Agni should not be the love interest at all. There's no need for him a part of the show at all right now, and if Agni existed in real life, his character would just be creepy and be outright defined as a stalker.

Imagine a cop who starts flirting with you from first meeting even when you're visibly uncomfortable, and then he shows up at your house the next day, calls your sister a "sister in law" in front of you and tries to rent out a room in your house. In reality, I would never wish an obsessed person like that in any girl's life. And he's in a position of power, a cop?! If the show makers continue to develop him as a love interest for Garima, I might just lose interest in the show itself.

I'm here to watch how the girls convince their father to have them run their family shop, not here for a cop character trying to make a girl whose already disinterested in him suddenly fall for him.

Pramod is similarly obsessed with Susheela, BUT they have been friends for a long time before these feelings developed, and he has parents who have told him to NOT expect her to say yes to him, but to support her as a friend first and see where it goes. If Susheela herself decides to marry Pramod, I'm fine with that pair.

Agni hasn't even been in the show for more than one day, and he's already dreaming of having Garima marry him without realizing how she feels. He's literally making her uncomfortable.

When the show should be more focused on the girls getting to work in their shop as girls, the show makers introduce a potential male love interest, for what? Even Garima's previous love interest left the show cause he realized there's no scope for a male love interest with a complex background in this show, I think it's time the show makers realize it too and focus on the women and topic that this show is about.

Rinki_99 wrote a wonderful post on more of Agni's character, but I felt that it needs to be said again that this new character should not be a love interest at all right now. If he has another point in this show, I'd be interested in watching it, but right now, his scenes are too overbearing and creepy for me.

P.S I can't add hyperlinks cause I'm newbie. If you google Ankit and Kaatelal & Sons, a Times of India article will pop up about why he left. And Rinki's post is titled "funny vs disrespectful"

You cannot say like this . Firstly he is a male lead and you are taking a reel character too seriously . And he is a cop but he has his own way of dealing the matters. Because of his character the show is getting intresting .

The actor has great comic timing . He and Pramod character is similar that is why he fell in love ... And how can you say he is not needed  ?  They have not shown Garima personal life and that is why he is introduced as new Ml and to end jagat character. 

Originally posted by Ayu_12

You cannot say like this . Firstly he is a male lead and you are taking a reel character too seriously . And he is a cop but he has his own way of dealing the matters. Because of his character the show is getting intresting .

The actor has great comic timing . He and Pramod character is similar that is why he fell in love ... And how can you say he is not needed  ?  They have not shown Garima personal life and that is why he is introduced as new Ml and to end jagat character. 

love you Yaar 😘😘😘

Agni should not be the love interest at all. There's no need for him a part of the show at all right now, and if Agni existed in real life, his character would just be creepy and be outright defined as a stalker. Imagine a cop who starts flirting with you from first meeting even when you're visibly uncomfortable, and then he shows up at your house the next day, calls your sister a "sister in law" in front of you and tries to rent out a room in your house. In reality, I would never wish an obsessed person like that in any girl's life. And he's in a position of power, a cop?! If the show makers continue to develop him as a love interest for Garima, I might just lose interest in the show itself. I'm here to watch how the girls convince their father to have them run their family shop, not here for a cop character trying to make a girl whose already disinterested in him suddenly fall for him. 

Agni definitely needs to be toned down by the writers because it is on that thin line, I agree, but I would request you not to leave the show at such an interesting juncture. Hoping the focus remains on this aspect, since the show is about the girls finding their place and true worth as Kaatelal and Daughters 💕

He did get pulled over when he got direct, and post that he has done nothing but mended his mistake 👍

Ankit Bhaiya left because of what he expected and did not get delivered in terms of story and content, and he wanted some attention on his track too, not the WE. If writers have a ML for Susheela, they will have one for Garima too and that is just how simple it is. Not in our hands anyways. Have a feeling he might be helpful to their journey forward from a neutral lense though his over-familiarity, please do tone it down writers and give the sisters equal SS. 

Rinki_99 wrote a wonderful post on more of Agni's character, but I felt that it needs to be said again that this new character should not be a love interest at all right now. If he has another point in this show, I'd be interested in watching it, but right now, his scenes are too overbearing and creepy for me. P.S I can't add hyperlinks cause I'm newbie. If you google Ankit and Kaatelal & Sons, a Times of India article will pop up about why he left. And Rinki's post is titled "funny vs disrespectful"

Still urge to continue watching since next week will be more about the girls, DP and Haathi Bazaar community rather than him. 

Posted: 2 years ago

They could have shown agni as twin's childhood friend who was very close/protective to garima emotionally (may relate a bit) .... and yes they need to tone him down while he is talking to/about garima....

Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by Ayu_12

You cannot say like this .

They can say whatever the hell they want.

Firstly he is a male lead and you are taking a reel character too seriously .

These kind of characters normalise and even encourage this kind of behaviour which is just creepy and rude and frankly disgusting

And he is a cop but he has his own way of dealing the matters. Because of his character the show is getting intresting .

The show was already very interesting, thank you very much.

The actor has great comic timing . He and Pramod character is similar that is why he fell in love ...

Pramod and Agni are NOT similar. How can people even compare them?!?

And how can you say he is not needed  ?  They have not shown Garima personal life

They have shown ALL of her life, and she was at a point in her life when she did NOT need a ML.

and that is why he is introduced as new Ml and to end jagat character. 

This just further solidifies the belief that girls cant do anything without a man. They were doing just fine on their own.