Posted: 3 years ago

*waves hand* Hello, I go by Rose.

This note is to warn you, what is about to follow is absolute mush and fluff. I guess, you can compare it to a light hearted romance. 

Dedicated to Bhavna Di, well because, I wouldn't have considered writing it in the first place if she didn't ask me to. Second, she helped me situate my characters in Dwarka. Third, it's fictional Dwarka as it's printed in my mind, and I am hoping she won't call me out if somethings are unrealistic.

My Nandini is going to be a lot different, though I would like to believe she is a lot more relatable.

Without irking you anymore, here it is...

Prologue

“Good morning, Darsh.”

He turned to the other side, “Good morning Suzy.”

Taking a deep breath, he moved to get up, “Suzy, what are today’s headlines?”

The monotonous voice answered by reciting the events of all over the world. By the end of it, Darsh was done with his morning routine.

...then call Rajesh to wish him a happy birthday, afterwards, mentally going through his tasks for the day, he reached the last step to the dining table. With a smile he reached out to his mother’s shoulder, “Good morning, beautiful.”

“Good morning,” she replied brooding, “sit down, have breakfast.”

Darsh shook his head before settling beside her, sometimes she acts like a stubborn child, why sometimes, it’s the same every time this topic comes up, “Maa,  I know you are hurt, but I really don’t want to marry and ruin someone’s life.”

She held his hand, “Why will marrying you ruin anyone’s life? Why do you think such Darsh? You are a great person, all your professional achievements aside. It would be someone's fortune to have you as a life partner.”

“Right now,” he leaned in towards the table, “I am the most fortunate person, you made dal today, didn’t you?”

Maa hummed, “Yes, it’s your favourite, right?”

Chair moved beside him, “Good morning everyone.”

“Good morning, Shobhit,” he turned towards him.

Shobhit, his brother, recently joined the family business and moving towards an important commitment in life. Arguably, Darsh was closest to his mother and younger sibling in the family.

His family, Maa, Bhai, Papa, Nautankibaaz Candyman, Chacha and Chachi, are the most important part of my life. People, he didn’t need to be struck by catastrophe to identify as his support system at all times, in good and in bad.

Dwarkadhish, maa ne samjavo k evi chokri kya thi malse je mari sathe potani zindagi jivva mage (Dwarkadhish, make Maa understand where will be such a girl who will want to spend her whole life with me).

“You are still not ready? How are you getting ready, Nandu?”

At the insistent knock on her door she sighed, staring down at the pink and yellow dupattas on the bed. She shook her head, and picking up the yellow cloth moved to open the door, almost falling on an unpacked bag on the way.

Smiling, she kept it out of the way and opened the door, “I am ready, Maa. But couldn’t you and Papa plan another day for going around the city, we are still amid shifting.”

Maa reached out to pin up her dupatta, Nandini or Nandu as her family preferred, was fumbling with, “It’s because I left your room to you, am not touching a thing in it and you are going to unpack everything you stuffed like anything. And you know, once your father rejoins, he won’t have time to take us around at all. We should at least visit Dwarkadhish, this place is considered to be flourishing under him.”

Nandini hummed, “Fine.”

Once her mother was satisfied with the dupatta, she left Nandini to gather her purse. On the way to the table in her room and back to the door, guess it, she stumbled twice losing her balance. For being light on her feet, Nandini was still learning how to not fall on things scattered across her room, more like, haven’t learnt how to defeat procrastination? Okay, new room bye for now, I promise I will sort you out as soon as I return.

Outside Papa greeted her with a small frown, gesturing to hasten towards the auto rickshaw on their door. Her phone rang just as they began moving, di?

Mouthing the same to her mother, Nandini answered the call, “Yes, we ate… What about you? And Pihu? … Achha, talk to Maa or else she won’t stop glaring at me.”

Her family, Maa, Papa and Di, are my entire world, by extension Pihu and Jiju as well.

Author's note from the next part would only be at the end.

So, here's the introduction.

I really wanted to write something today because I promised Bhavana Di, but I won't be able to touch it till weekend. It's small but I don't know what else is there to talk about when my intent was a small glimpse into their households. I hope it makes you curious.

Not proofread, do notify me on my mistakes (even as I write it I can imagine Nikki Di bringing something up).

Have a nice day!

Next part- page 4

Edited by 999loveyourself - 3 years ago

Originally posted by 999loveyourself

*waves hand* Hello, I go by Rose.

This note is to warn you, what is about to follow is absolute mush and fluff. I guess, you can compare it to a light hearted romance. 

Dedicated to Bhavna Di, well because, I wouldn't have considered writing it in the first place if she didn't ask me to. Second, she helped me situate my characters in Dwarka. Third, it's fictional Dwarka as it's printed in my mind, and I am hoping she won't call me out if somethings are unrealistic.

My Nandini is going to be a lot different, though I would like to believe she is a lot more relatable.

Without irking you anymore, here it is...

Prologue

“Good morning, Darsh.”

He turned to the other side, “Good morning Suzy.”

Taking a deep breath, he moved to get up, “Suzy, what are today’s headlines?”

The monotonous voice answered by reciting the events of all over the world. By the end of it, Darsh was done with his morning routine.

...then call Rajesh to wish him a happy birthday, afterwards, mentally going through his tasks for the day, he reached the last step to the dining table. With a smile he reached out to his mother’s shoulder, “Good morning, beautiful.”

“Good morning,” she replied brooding, “sit down, have breakfast.”

Darsh shook his head before settling beside her, sometimes she acts like a stubborn child, why sometimes, it’s the same every time this topic comes up, “Maa,  I know you are hurt, but I really don’t want to marry and ruin someone’s life.”

She held his hand, “Why will marrying you ruin anyone’s life? Why do you think such Darsh? You are a great person, all your professional achievements aside. It would be someone's fortune to have you as a life partner.”

“Right now,” he leaned in towards the table, “I am the most fortunate person, you made dal today, didn’t you?”

Maa hummed, “Yes, it’s your favourite, right?”

Chair moved beside him, “Good morning everyone.”

“Good morning, Shobhit,” he turned towards him.

Shobhit, his brother, recently joined the family business and moving towards an important commitment in life. Arguably, Darsh was closest to his mother and younger sibling in the family.

His family, Maa, Bhai, Papa, Nautankibaaz Candyman, Chacha and Chachi, are the most important part of my life. People, he didn’t need to be struck by catastrophe to identify as his support system at all times, in good and in bad.

Dwarkadhish, kam to matane ne samjhave samajavum ke te icche te sakya nahi, teni kyam hase je apni akhi zindagi sathe rehvani ichchha rakhase? (I don’t know G of Gujarati, but I didn’t want to pm anyone at this hour, correct me in replies and I will edit it.)

“You are still not ready? How are you getting ready, Nandu?”

At the insistent knock on her door she sighed, staring down at the pink and yellow dupattas on the bed. She shook her head, and picking up the yellow cloth moved to open the door, almost falling on an unpacked bag on the way.

Smiling, she kept it out of the way and opened the door, “I am ready, Maa. But couldn’t you and Papa plan another day for going around the city, we are still amid shifting.”

Maa reached out to pin up her dupatta, Nandini or Nandu as her family preferred, was fumbling with, “It’s because I left your room to you, am not touching a thing in it and you are going to unpack everything you stuffed like anything. And you know, once your father rejoins, he won’t have time to take us around at all. We should at least visit Dwarkadhish, this place is considered to be flourishing under him.”

Nandini hummed, “Fine.”

Once her mother was satisfied with the dupatta, she left Nandini to gather her purse. On the way to the table in her room and back to the door, guess it, she stumbled twice losing her balance. For being light on her feet, Nandini was still learning how to not fall on things scattered across her room, more like, haven’t learnt how to defeat procrastination? Okay, new room bye for now, I promise I will sort you out as soon as I return.

Outside Papa greeted her with a small frown, gesturing to hasten towards the auto rickshaw on their door. Her phone rang just as they began moving, di?

Mouthing the same to her mother, Nandini answered the call, “Yes, we ate… What about you? And Pihu? … Achha, talk to Maa or else she won’t stop glaring at me.”

Her family, Maa, Papa and Di, are my entire world, by extension Pihu and Jiju as well.

Author's note from the next part would only be at the end.

So, here's the introduction.

I really wanted to write something today because I promised Bhavana Di, but I won't be able to touch it till weekend. It's small but I don't know what else is there to talk about when my intent was a small glimpse into their households. I hope it makes you curious.

Not proofread, do notify me on my mistakes (even as I write it I can imagine Nikki Di bringing something up).

Have a nice day!

Interesting prologue dear

How we imagined Nandu to be educated and sophisticated 

But what we got 🤷‍♀️

At least we can feel happy by imagining our own Nandu 

Can’t wait to read more and their first meeting 

Wow the prologue is wonderfully written👏and would love to read more...😳

Edited by ..KpopIsLife.. - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Swetyz

Interesting prologue dear

How we imagined Nandu to be educated and sophisticated 

But what we got 🤷‍♀️

At least we can feel happy by imagining our own Nandu 

Can’t wait to read more and their first meeting 

Even I am excited for it, because generally with FFs I talk about every character in them. It's an AU and it's going to revolve only around two of them. There first meeting, huh? I hope you enjoy it more than you enjoyed this.

Originally posted by ..KpopIsLife..

Wow the prologue is wonderfully written👏and would love to read more...😳

I would love to write more as well, am waiting on Beauty Within Hearts, keep writing and sharing your imagination with all of us.

Originally posted by 999loveyourself

I would love to write more as well, am waiting on Beauty Within Hearts, keep writing and sharing your imagination with all of us.

Definitely do share your story as well would love to read from u as well...🤗

Ofcourse i would love to share with you all my thoughts of DarshNi through my story...😳

Dear Rose !

What should I say for this Prologue ?

I don't have words to express my feelings🤗

It's just fabulous one. Darsh and Nandini's characters are outstanding. I mean here you have portrayed Nandini's character very well. Even I love her more in your FF than original one.❤️

She has a family that's amazing. 

You have dedicated it to me. It's a honor for me. 😳 Thank you so much dear. Actually I am so happy just by seeing your name in this FF. I thought finally ye ldki ne start kar to diya.🤗

Quite an interesting prologue... ❤️

So, the characters here and specifically Nandini is going to be different from the show. Now, that's really interesting...

The introduction was wonderful. Waiting for the further chapters.

PS. Why do you think that I am going to find out some mistake or something? Itni kharab reputation ho gayi kya humari? 😆 

I always had the question in mind why can't a rich sophisticated girl be sanskari, why in every ITv they show FL lead  to poor, dukhi, bechari types with no life of her she always has to solve all the problems of other people, accept torture etc...