Indian Pro Music League

Terrible Singing/Song Choices

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Is it just me or does anyone else find the singing to be awful? Sometimes I am in disbelief based on the singer. Some of the songs they are choosing are pretty bad too. Mika and Kailash dont even sound good? Shaan is strictly okay. 

I am amazed at how bad Shilpa Rao sounds live, I thought she was a good singer but shes clearly a "studio" only singer. Javed and Ankit are good but they sound better in the recording studio. 

Also, does anyone else find that the "music" is too loud and often overpowers the singers voice? I mean, I know Salman is a really good singer and has high pitch, but even in some of his performances the music is washing out his voice. They need to turn their music down so we can hear the singer better.

I have only enjoyed Salman, Ankhush and Neha's singing and maybe a few others. The rest of them I dont even know what to say?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aditi_X thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ok, I agree with the music part. The audio engineer has been messing that up since day one. The instruments are much louder than the actual singer. And yes, their song selection can be much better. But maybe that has to do with copyright issues and what not. 

But other than that, I have to ask you: are you a professional singer or musician? Or a sangeet guru? Because wherever I see you, be it here or on the Indian Idol forum, you seem to have only negativity to spread about the singers. Lots of us are frustrated with some stuff in Indian Idol (the unfairness, OTT drama), but most of us make a point to appreciate the singers at least. And IPML consists of pro singers, who IMO, are doing a fantastic job. So what's your deal?

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

This content was originally posted by: Aditi_MM

Ok, I agree with the music part. The audio engineer has been messing that up since day one. The instruments are much louder than the actual singer. And yes, their song selection can be much better. But maybe that has to do with copyright issues and what not. 

But other than that, I have to ask you: are you a professional singer or musician? Or a sangeet guru? Because wherever I see you, be it here or on the Indian Idol forum, you seem to have only negativity to spread about the singers. Lots of us are frustrated with some stuff in Indian Idol (the unfairness, OTT drama), but most of us make a point to appreciate the singers at least. And IPML consists of pro singers, who IMO, are doing a fantastic job. So what's your deal?

Yes I am a singer and I have no issues in declaring that even Shaan/Mika have sounded besura at times. Lots of bad singers on the show like Rupali, Sajid, Bhoomi and even Akriti sounds dull! 

I’ve been watching singing shows since the 90’s. The quality has dropped and one cant say that they are giving “wow” level of performances 

Aditi_X thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Yes I am a singer and I have no issues in declaring that even Shaan/Mika have sounded besura at times. Lots of bad singers on the show like Rupali, Sajid, Bhoomi and even Akriti sounds dull! 

I’ve been watching singing shows since the 90’s. The quality has dropped and one cant say that they are giving “wow” level of performances 

Damn. All right then, you do you man. I'm no expert in singing so I can't judge them the way you do. I happen to enjoy most of the singers on the show. I do agree that singing reality shows have dropped in quality over the decades. Can't say much about the singers/contestants though. 

smallwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Sorry but I have to disagree somehow 😊 I didnt find singing awful at all, most of the time. There might have been an odd one performance where someone went off key - I think Bhoomi in one of her performances - but only slightly so. But on the other hand, I have found Javed exceptional in whatever he has sung, Kailash I am a big admirer of - so may be I would be biased - but I dont think he went besura - I loved his performances. Neha has been a revelation - she has bettered my expectations of her - I thought she would just go bust in live performances, but my! She was mind blowing in Jag Ghumeya. Mika I cant say much because he has his flavor, and he sings to that. Aakriti I never had high hopes of, but again, she is doing quite ok. 

Of the newer category - the "reality singers", I truly dont have much liking for them to be honest. The reason is, I think they equate "alaaps" and "high pitch" to "great singing". And they just ruin songs by loading each song with them. So much so they sound screaming at times. Salmaan and Hemant to be more precise. It is not their fault though. I think they have been always been put on a pedestal each time they have taken some alaap or murki 😆 And they have started to believe, the more the better. But I actually enjoyed Salmaan's performance where he single handedly took on the opponents.

Edited by smallwonder - 3 years ago
SigmundWilfred thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

A perfect entertainment option for fans.

Listen to online radio at:  internetradiohoren

Edited by SigmundWilfred - 2 years ago