Indian Idol 12

Can arunita become one of the first contestant to make the top 5

Karkerrna3 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Of any Indian reality show without getting to perform in either Mother's day special episode or Independence day/republic day special episode?? We all know that these two episodes are the highest scoring episodes in any Indian reality show, whoever perform best in these episodes usually wins the show!!

I don't know anyone who won without getting to perform in these two special episodes when their fellow contestant did get the chance?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

She very well could!! She’s in my opinion a definite in the top 5

counsellor thumbnail

Hope she gets into top 5 but I am pretty she will not win the show because what channel look for 

- Some who can rock on stage.

- Some one who can sing on higher notes.

- Rock stars and performers.

Good voice is not the criteria to win unfortunately.
But i hope she have really good future and sing many songs that we can hear.
I am so happy to see people on this forum and elsewhere that still value the voice over tamasha and the love she is getting is more than trophy i think. Her voice is very soothing and it relives tension when you listen to her.  I wish i had a girl child like who can sing that beautifully.

Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

She should make the top 5 based on her performance and public support.
But she needs to perform a "Mere Dholna" quality song to swing mass support which is required for a win.
The finals are all votes, no channel/judge choice. The channel/judges can, and do, build a contestant as their preferred choice (and judges can do that - it is their job).
Arunita is possibly not a preferred choice of the judges at the moment. (Neither was Ankush for that matter). But the public can take matters into their own hands, as they did with Ankush (Idol 10) and Priti (Superstar Singer).
Net net, she has positioned herself well but does not have:
1. A passionate and blind support base
2. Is not considered unique enough by at least one senior judge to whom that matters.

So she is likely to finish top 3 rather than win unless she can swing bigger support.
My 2 cents.

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Realityshow

She should make the top 5 based on her performance and public support.
But she needs to perform a "Mere Dholna" quality song to swing mass support which is required for a win.
The finals are all votes, no channel/judge choice. The channel/judges can, and do, build a contestant as their preferred choice (and judges can do that - it is their job).
Arunita is possibly not a preferred choice of the judges at the moment. (Neither was Ankush for that matter). But the public can take matters into their own hands, as they did with Ankush (Idol 10) and Priti (Superstar Singer).
Net net, she has positioned herself well but does not have:
1. A passionate and blind support base
2. Is not considered unique enough by at least one senior judge to whom that matters.

So she is likely to finish top 3 rather than win unless she can swing bigger support.
My 2 cents.

Its ironic how the most versatile are never the judges' choice, instead the screamers and wannabe "rockstars" are. Artists like Arunita, Ankush and Priti are the types that do well in real life while the winners mostly fade into oblivion.

Both Arunita and Ankush were not appreciated a lot in the beginning but once they garnered enough love and support from the audience the channel and judges had to give in.

Aditi_X thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I really hope to see more female contestants in the finale this time. In most of the seasons, there is just one female finalist, and honestly, it looks like she's there just for the channel to claim "diversity." 

The finales of Indian Idol Junior's both seasons were good. The first season had two male (Anmol and Nirvesh) and two female finalists (Debanjana and Anjana) with a female winner (Anjana), and the second season had one male (Vaishnav) and three female finalists (Nahid, Nityashree, Ananya) with a female winner (Ananya). 

I've noticed that there is a certain bias towards male singers in the adult version of Indian Idol. In season 10, Krishnakali and Renu were eliminated before Vibhor and Kunal. In season 11, the top 6 were all males until two wild-card entries happened. I was watching an episode of S11 where the S10 contestants returned and before Maniesh introduced the two wild-card entries, it was all boys on both sides except Neelanjana. I can't even find the show enjoyable without enough female singers. 

altgr thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aditi_MM

I really hope to see more female contestants in the finale this time. In most of the seasons, there is just one female finalist, and honestly, it looks like she's there just for the channel to claim "diversity." 

The finales of Indian Idol Junior's both seasons were good. The first season had two male (Anmol and Nirvesh) and two female finalists (Debanjana and Anjana) with a female winner (Anjana), and the second season had one male (Vaishnav) and three female finalists (Nahid, Nityashree, Ananya) with a female winner (Ananya). 

I've noticed that there is a certain bias towards male singers in the adult version of Indian Idol. In season 10, Krishnakali and Renu were eliminated before Vibhor and Kunal. In season 11, the top 6 were all males until two wild-card entries happened. I was watching an episode of S11 where the S10 contestants returned and before Maniesh introduced the two wild-card entries, it was all boys on both sides except Neelanjana. I can't even find the show enjoyable without enough female singers. 

This season I think there will be definitely at least 2 female finalists and they have bright chances of winning too. In last two seasons it was almost certain that the female contestant will not win, it was between Salman & Ankush and Sunny & Rohit.

The reason that they brought Ankona in the middle of the season was having one female finalist. 

I have noticed this too that in kids shows girls have more chances of winning and in adult's version it's opposite, especially in Idol.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: counsellor

Hope she gets into top 5 but I am pretty she will not win the show because what channel look for 

- Some who can rock on stage.

- Some one who can sing on higher notes.

- Rock stars and performers.

Good voice is not the criteria to win unfortunately.
But i hope she have really good future and sing many songs that we can hear.
I am so happy to see people on this forum and elsewhere that still value the voice over tamasha and the love she is getting is more than trophy i think. Her voice is very soothing and it relives tension when you listen to her.  I wish i had a girl child like who can sing that beautifully.

So true.. Her voice is very soothing. And she can rock the stage with just her crooning. Not that she cant perform.. She can surely rock that too.. Her expressions match so well with emotions of the song. Same with Saayli. These people dont need to scream, dance Or jump on stage to make listeners dance. Their voice is powerful enough. 

mickymouse21 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Arunita is definitely versatile. she can sing song like humari adhuri kahani the older version (composed by pritam). She did that fabulously in lil champs. She sang with pritam Chakraborty in that season.

Also songs like phool gendwa, khatuba, radha, banarasiya,bol na halke (with ridham) etc..

Edited by mickymouse21 - 3 years ago
Southend thumbnail

I like Arunita’s voice so much and really want her to win the show, just praying