No consistency in Kahani

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

What does she want ?

One moment she’s calling the  marriage fake. ( even after finding out truth about Yug being her BFF)

Next moment she is fighting for her suhaag ! 

She is all over the place. 
she wants to stay in the house to find out about her parents. Fair enough. But then is the ‘ my

suhaag’ possessiveness for appearances sake ?

how does she genuinely feel about the ‘marriage’ ?

Originally posted by kukuraja

What does she want ?

One moment she’s calling the  marriage fake. ( even after finding out truth about Yug being her BFF)

Next moment she is fighting for her suhaag ! 

She is all over the place. 
she wants to stay in the house to find out about her parents. Fair enough. But then is the ‘ my

suhaag’ possessiveness for appearances sake ?

how does she genuinely feel about the ‘marriage’ ?

Yes, it's difficult at times to know what Kahani is about.

I feel that she is essentially a practical pragmatic person. She didn't want to marry either of the brothers but now that she is married to Yug she will fight for her wifely haq. She refuses to be bullied by anyone and it appears that she is partly fighting on principles rather than a sentimental attachment to the man or the marriage.

Yet---the discovery that Yug is her childhood friend makes her cleave to the marriage perhaps because she has so little of her past to hold onto. Moreover, now that she is discovering that Yug is a decent man, I suppose she feels she ought to make her marriage work. She is clearly attracted to him but not in such a way that she is blind to his faults---and certainly not in a way that she will put up with his nonsense.

Edited by JalebiJane - 3 years ago

Originally posted by JalebiJane

Yes, it's difficult at times to know what Kahani is about.

I feel that she is essentially a practical pragmatic person. She didn't want to marry either of the brothers but now that she is married to Yug she will fight for her wifely haq. She refuses to be bullied by anyone and it appears that she is partly fighting on principles rather than a sentimental attachment to the man or the marriage.

Yet---the discovery that Yug is her childhood friend makes her cleave to the marriage perhaps because she has so little of her past to hold onto. Moreover, now that she is discovering that Yug is a decent man, I suppose she feels she ought to make her marriage work. She is clearly attracted to him but not in such a way that she is blind to his faults---and certainly not in a way that she will put up with his nonsense.

It is not clear to me if she genuinely wants to make the marriage work because in her solo scenes she states very frequently that she will leave once she finds out about her parents. So whats that about ?!. 

Btw i am really enjoying your posts.  You’ve injected some much-needed enthusiasm into the forum ☺️

Originally posted by kukuraja

It is not clear to me if she genuinely wants to make the marriage work because in her solo scenes she states very frequently that she will leave once she finds out about her parents. So whats that about ?!. 

Btw i am really enjoying your posts.  You’ve injected some much-needed enthusiasm into the forum ☺️

Thank you. I'm enjoying your posts as well. Half the pleasure of following a serial is discussing it, hai na?

Yes, you're right---she does say she'll leave but when she's shown the door she says " never!" Which leads us back to your original point---Kahani's character motivation is a bit flimsy.

Bhole Nath only knows what she wants 🙄. Sometimes she says she doesn’t want to snatch Gunjans love and happiness, then she goes on about proving Yug is her husband and directly challenges Gunjan, but she wants to leave because of all insults but then she wants to stay coz she loves her husband...ffs!!!