Disappointed with some of the messaging

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

So far for the most part the show seems to be going okay. Characters are fairly balanced and they are touching upon on some issues /topics facing today’s youth 

With that being said I will say that I am disappointed at the shows messaging regarding crimes against girls/women.

The show is trivializing crimes of violence or sexual assault against women by showing it as a one off mistake of males and that they should be forgiven cause it will ‘ruin’ their life 

This part of the show has not gone down well me personally. 

Anokhi was sexually assaulted, and then made to forgive her aggressor just like that. No one followed up or batted an eye 

Astha was attacked not because she helped Anokhi but because she is a woman who dared to stand up for what’s right and showed no fear of the man threatening her. Again she was made to forgive her shooter by staying quiet 

Anokhis mom suffered abuse at the hands of her husband for many many years and even though she stood up to him finally , she too sort of did a forgive and move on action. 

None of these men have expressed real remorse or asked for true forgiveness. I am baffled at this

The show needs to address acts of violence against women as not a one off situation but as something that is happening because the man is really flawed in how he thinks and perceives women and he isn’t about to change just like that.

Violence is not a damn switch that can be turned off permanently. You can’t cut the wires to that kind of toxic thinking by giving them a small shake 

I completely agree. Either the show should not highlight such serious issues if they cannot do justice to it or if they do, they need to send the right message by punishing the culprits. It’s because of this attitude of forgive and forget that perpetrators get the agency to continue to commit such crimes. They cannot normalize this and this show is supposedly different with its emphasis on social messaging. So I hope they find a way to rectify this in future episodes. Or else they are asking us to accept male aggression as the norm. Everyone will say It’s just TV but this is supposed to a show that challenges the norms and as per the lead actors, it is supposedly “different” - so let’s see that. 

Edited by somewhereover - 3 years ago

Seriously,  this mahaanta by the characters is getting too much to digest. A show on national television should not patronize brushing serious crimes under the carpet. If people start deciding who should be punished and who shouldn't, then what is the need for courts. In fact, Aastha is committing a crime by hiding details from the police. It does not go with her character of a seemingly righteous person. Same goes with Anokhi. Rama, I can still understand. 

For the matters of anokhi mother or babli even ,it will take time to correct as its not easy for women in that situation to quickly rise and demand stuff ( like sorry) and not even their men are regretting their acts. 

On anokhi, the men decided to gave punishment but it was anokhi. Yes, in reality that thing is not to forgave but, here it was just 1 day and they showed anokhi to be just concern with proving her right. But yes, anmol should have been punished but maybe he is needed in future.

On shot part, definitely it needs to be punished. Maybe, that will be highlighted through anokhi because i dont get why astha just said ok to forgave🤦

Edited by attiya1.3 - 3 years ago

Yes, Anmol sd hv been punished to give a stronger msg to the viewers regarding social crimes like ragging. I guess the writers hv in store something regarding the character, maybe some other plots. Afterall hez the best frnd of the evil sisters. 

I have a feeling makers want to use Anmol in future for some lousy purposes... And hence they brushed off the whole incident..... Infact they all are still considering whole thing as chota sa mazak. 

Now I am truely disappointed by Astha being silent about Raja... But then there are very high chances Anokhi will figure it out sooner or later and ensure she stands up against her brother. It's all about extra drama and every damn male character in the show except for Shaan .. And maybe Babli's father in law... are shown to be bad or in bad light of negative thinking (even Shaurya) ... In multiple ways and... All female characters, except for Babli's MIL, Shaurya's chachi and sisters, as mahaan! Annoying enough ... They literally have no balance... I wish apart from Shaan (who is also not perfect) , there should have been some guy who is little open and practical about everything.. 

Originally posted by shahsb_26

I have a feeling makers want to use Anmol in future for some lousy purposes... And hence they brushed off the whole incident..... Infact they all are still considering whole thing as chota sa mazak. 

Now I am truely disappointed by Astha being silent about Raja... But then there are very high chances Anokhi will figure it out sooner or later and ensure she stands up against her brother. It's all about extra drama and every damn male character in the show except for Shaan .. And maybe Babli's father in law... are shown to be bad or in bad light of negative thinking (even Shaurya) ... In multiple ways and... All female characters, except for Babli's MIL, Shaurya's chachi and sisters, as mahaan! Annoying enough ... They literally have no balance... I wish apart from Shaan (who is also not perfect) , there should have been some guy who is little open and practical about everything.. 

Definitely agree with you. They should introduce a balanced male character, maybe a senior student to Anokhi in the college. It’s getting too extreme at both ends. I think Aastha could be considered slightly less Mahaan than the other women in the show. She’s steeped up a few times in the past. But in this track I did not expect such easy forgiveness given how much Raja harassed her before and now attempted to threaten and kill here.

Edited by somewhereover - 3 years ago