Posted: 3 years ago

[Author of This Post Reserves All The Copyright – DO NOT copy/paste or reproduce the materials and/or ideas, in part or complete, without written permission from the author]

“Kya tu Randheer se vyah karna chahati hai?... AMRIT….Do you wish to marry Randheer?” Lalaji angrily shouted at Amrit.

Stunned Amrit froze in the moment. As she tightly gripped her dupatta in her hand, she quickly glanced at her father’s face. His anger was evident on his face, his frustration evident in the wrinkles of his forehead and his disappointment deep in his eyes was staring back at her.

As Amrit turned her gaze towards the floor, in a jiffy many moments flashed back in her mind. “Amrit is my pride! She follows the customs and she will always abide by my decisions for her!” She remembered him telling Randheer that.

Silent tears rolled down her eyes as her beautiful lips quivered. The fear of disappointing Lalaji gripped her. Just then she noticed Randheer slowly walking in closer. As she looked up and made eye contact with Randheer, his gentle smile filled her heart with joy; the soft assurance in his eyes gave her hope. Her face relaxed a bit and she turned her gaze at Lalaji.

Somewhere a softer expression had appeared on Lalji’s face with confidence that his daughter would never do anything to disrupt the peace of their house. Her heart cried for her father.

“Amrit, what are you thinking?” Her soul asked.  “I cannot hurt my Bauji! He has to keep his word given to his sister,” Amit said. “Then what about you? Your heart, your love?” her soul asked her back. “Randheer is my love! But is it appropriate to ruin my father’s confidence in me? He will be so hurt…What if something happens to him? Ajeeb ksahmakash hai,” Amrit’s fearful heart quipped. Her soul looked back at her in the eye and stirred some deep emotions. Amrit heard her soul say, “Ranjhan ban, Amrit! Apna pyar mat jaane de. Be the heroine you always wanted to be, Ranjhan. Fight back and don’t let go of your love so easily!” “But…”Amrit stuttered.

As Amrit came out of her trans, she noticed that Lalaji and Randheer were both looking at her expecting an answer. By now the whole family had gathered around watching the situation unfolding in front of them. Amrit’s eyes flooded with tears as she looked at Randheer hopelessly. Randheer’s heart sank and eyes moistened as Amrit seemed to have made a decision. She knew how much was at stake on both sides and the burden of situation was too much for her young mind. Amrit looked Lalaji in the eye and answered, “Yes!” and she burst into tears.

A happy smile appeared on surprised Randheer’s face as he turned his gaze towards Lalaji. Shocked Lalaji could not believe that Amrit made her own decision against his wish.

Angrily Lalaji slapped Amrit so hard that she lost her balance. Randheer quickly moved forward to catch Amrit in his arms… as they wound their fingers tightly what followed was an intense gaze with tears, happiness, relief and hope wrapped in intense love.

“Bani mein Heer uski

Woh mere man ka Ranjhan

Yeh Rasm-e-Ashiqui hai…”

[Author of This Post Reserves All The Copyright – DO NOT copy/paste or reproduce the materials and/or ideas, in part or complete, without written permission from the author]

DO NOT COPY This Post As This Is Exclusive To India Forums

Edited by Lovely1 - 3 years ago

Pagdi shocked, Amrit rocked😎

Firstly, thank you for such a beautiful expressive piece and your take on the entire situation, it is truly brilliantly written smiley32 Ranjhan is an implicit part of Amrit's personality, and it is great she is getting a chance to voice her opinions too. No matter what the outcome, Amrit will also stand up for her love for Randheer, and not back down due to Lalaji, even if she has to rebel for what is right ❤️

Secondly, warm welcome to the forum. It is truly an honour to have such a wonderful writer here. Please do keep writing such awesome one shots and spread the light of your creativity with us  🤗

Good One! 

Edited by Lovely1 - 3 years ago

Originally posted by nautankitadka

Firstly, thank you for such a beautiful expressive piece and your take on the entire situation, it is truly brilliantly written smiley32 Ranjhan is an implicit part of Amrit's personality, and it is great she is getting a chance to voice her opinions too. No matter what the outcome, Amrit will also stand up for her love for Randheer, and not back down due to Lalaji, even if she has to rebel for what is right ❤️

Secondly, warm welcome to the forum. It is truly an honour to have such a wonderful writer here. Please do keep writing such awesome one shots and spread the light of your creativity with us  🤗

Thank you for the welcome and appreciation!

Yes, I wanted to highlight that Amrit actually got an opportunity to voice her decision which essentially was non-existent in those days. And... if Ranjhan does not play her part in the show then the show does not use Ranjhan well. I love that you caught on that!

So, Amrit's Ranjhan will rock! And.. we will continue fall in love with this pair!

Thank You!

Originally posted by Lovely1

Thank you for the welcome and appreciation!

Your piece is worth the appreciation 😆👍🏼

Yes, I wanted to highlight that Amrit actually got an opportunity to voice her decision which essentially was non-existent in those days. And... if Ranjhan does not play her part in the show then the show does not use Ranjhan well. I love that you caught on that!

True, it is unnatural of girls back in the 1940s, and even being bold enough to write the truth through the stories was a marvellous feat 👏

So, Amrit's Ranjhan will rock! And.. we will continue fall in love with this pair! Thank You!

Yepp, indeed, there is much more to come ❤️

Thank you sooooo much! I do hope that this forum takes off to give much needed TRP boost to the show! It's a top five show definitely!

Welcome to the forum 🤗

Amazing OS. I loved the way you expressed the inner turmoil of Amrit and how  the Ranjhan inside her made the decision to chose Randheer and accept her love for him infront of lalaji 👍🏼

Hope to read more amazing OS from you 

Originally posted by Rainbow99

Welcome to the forum 🤗

Amazing OS. I loved the way you expressed the inner turmoil of Amrit and how  the Ranjhan inside her made the decision to chose Randheer and accept her love for him infront of lalaji 👍🏼

Hope to read more amazing OS from you 

First of all, thank you so much for the warm welcome!🤗

Thank you for appreciating the depth of this OS 👍🏼❤️