Real reason to leave the show !!

Posted: 3 years ago

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/news/hindi/exclusive-ankit-mohan-reveals-why-he-quit-kaatelal-sons/articleshow/81127468.cms

Okay I respect his decision but when he wasn't satisfied with his character and didn't get it that the show was based on twin life rather him !! 

And he clearly mentioned september time which is before two months of on airing the show. Sorry , but this show isn't in romance genre nor in drama . It's in comedy ...

I feel he should have think before signing up this show. Ab ladkiya ko lead bhi na mile ? 

Please read the article and share your views.

im not getting his point of wanting to be seen more thus getting more work in the future...i get it if his role would make him look good his resume if it was meaty but the show was never about love stories vagera in the first place...the girls were supposed to evolve from this experience by becoming barbers & in the process gender discrimination gets eradicated which was & has been the prime crux of the plot line...thats what the promos said when they entered the barber shop...

his role was somewhat either mysterious because not much bg was provided onto his character or questionable because he never talked to jagat about why jagat is notorious in HB and/or noticed his behavior...

rather than creating a fuss, it was his call to quit the show & rather than doing the blame game, i will bid him farewell & appreciate the work done so far for his role...

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Meena_J

im not getting his point of wanting to be seen more thus getting more work in the future...i get it if his role would make him look good his resume if it was meaty but the show was never about love stories vagera in the first place...the girls were supposed to evolve from this experience by becoming barbers & in the process gender discrimination gets eradicated which was & has been the prime crux of the plot line...thats what the promos said when they entered the barber shop...

his role was somewhat either mysterious because not much bg was provided onto his character or questionable because he never talked to jagat about why jagat is notorious in HB and/or noticed his behavior...

rather than creating a fuss, it was his call to quit the show & rather than doing the blame game, i will bid him farewell & appreciate the work done so far for his role...

Exactly , I didn't understand his POV here. Plus when the current storyline was about to show some moment's of vikrima he left !! 

I already said vikrima is going to be slow because they need support to fight the society and especially when the character is enemy relative . 

I respect his decision and it was his choice to quit . But I wish he would have been patience with this ...

Originally posted by Ayu_12

Exactly , I didn't understand his POV here. Plus when the current storyline was about to show some moment's of vikrima he left !! 

I already said vikrima is going to be slow because they need support to fight the society and especially when the character is enemy relative . 

I respect his decision and it was his choice to quit . But I wish he would have been patience with this ...

honestly speaking, not everyone, excluding the ones on whom the story was primarily based on, can be shown on screen in a bandwidth of 20 mins, 5 days a week...the core was about them evolving as individuals, learning from this experience by bringing changes despite being cognizant of the challenges ...its just like the lion king (1994) movie, where how simba evolved as an individual by taking over the throne to establish justice, not his love story which was only included bc it merges into the overall plot ...

it does make one feel bad that if susheela is getting a love story, why not garima? but tbh, i was more into the girls evolving from this experience more than romcom angle...even for sumod story, it was just something i viewed as more sub plot not the core plot as in a separate story merging into the crux of the story ..

his role was just questionable thats it..

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Meena_J

honestly speaking, not everyone, excluding the ones on whom the story was primarily based on, can be shown on screen in a bandwidth of 20 mins, 5 days a week...the core was about them evolving as individuals, learning from this experience by bringing changes despite being cognizant of the challenges ...its just like the lion king (1994) movie, where how simba evolved as an individual by taking over the throne to establish justice, not his love story which was only included bc it merges into the overall plot ...

it does make one feel bad that if susheela is getting a love story, why not garima? but tbh, i was more into the girls evolving from this experience more than romcom angle...even for sumod story, it was just something i viewed as more sub plot not the core plot as in a separate story merging into the crux of the story ..

his role was just questionable thats it..

Exactly , here males are going to show the reality and future of patriarchy and new idea thinking . The actresses are doing double role themselves which is challenging ... Even as a male they have to set examples and if he will say he wanted to romance ...It's a problem

I'm sorry, what the actual *bleh*? I mean, obviously the crux is Dimaag Ka Shutter Kholo and it is the journey of how Garima and Susheela, who initially disguised as boys, strive hard and get the society to respect them for their profession and carrying forward the legacy, irrespective of gender. The story is mainly about the girls, women-centric, and they should indeed be in the front spearheading it and then next will come the love stories. Like I said earlier on too, SuMod's backstory and perspective was indeed very well-integrated into the plot, so it did not seem at any moment like the characters were unnecessary in the plot, while with VikRima there was always a question on what is to come ahead since the Jagat-DP rivalry was always there as an adangi, and the shaadi track was also a lil dragged, agree on that bit. But theek hai, accept his decision to leave and hope that Garima's talent gets precedence now, she stands strong and can become a stylist after the heartbreak ❤️

He felt is was best for his career to make this decision, so let us wish the best to him, and hope for the best for our show too 👍🏼

Edited by nautankitadka - 3 years ago

Exactly , here males are going to show the reality and future of patriarchy and new idea thinking . The actresses are doing double role themselves which is challenging ... Even as a male they have to set examples and if he will say he wanted to romance ...It's a problem

I guess all I have to say is, obviously they were given an idea of what the role will entail and how they will be addressing this romance bit vis-a-vis the actual struggle the girls have to put in to fight the patriarchy. After that how it progresses, based on audience interest and understanding too, creative decisions are made. Each to their own, but let us look to the brighter future ahead for our show and leave out the offscreen opinions now. Jaane do, unka bhala ho, apna bhala ho, sab ka bhala ho. 

I get what Ankit is saying. Even he agrees the sole focus of the show is Garima Susheela but Vikram’s character is barely there and every actor wants some amount of screen presence. In Hollywood shows that’s never the case. Supporting characters though have less screen presence, their characters are shaped well and in that little time they get to showcase their acting caliber. And this opens more doors to them for the future but here that’s not the case. 

Originally posted by BeyondHorizon

I get what Ankit is saying. Even he agrees the sole focus of the show is Garima Susheela but Vikram’s character is barely there and every actor wants some amount of screen presence. In Hollywood shows that’s never the case. Supporting characters though have less screen presence, their characters are shaped well and in that little time they get to showcase their acting caliber. And this opens more doors to them for the future but here that’s not the case. 

Exactly , he cannot demand more spaces and story on its own . Even sumod story is progressing slowly. And being a Male lead here is different of what he had play before. 

It's a women centric show where people are looking forward to see bold women rather a love story where Male lead is taking the credit ...