What are your genuine thoughts on cancer track ?

Posted: 3 years ago

My genuine thoughts say that makers are wasting their time in showing this track as it wont work for the target audience. Preeti's accident would have been much better here than Preeti's cancer. Accident heals but cancer needs treatment and it will be depressing as hell. Also cancer track is not matching here with the situation at all and also you guys think why Preeti and KT are suffering so much. They already had overcome a ton of problems now instead of bringing some light heartedness the writers are hell bent on making us weep. Since their marriage day the two are only suffering. There's no fun, no liveliness into their story. I was expecting a light hearted story after this confession here as every other sp show is filled with depression and also all of them except SAAKK are trp centric so depressive track will boost their trps but SM's trp will never ever increase through depressive track, it needs more freshness and liveliness. These are my thoughts.... 😕

ITA with the gist of everything you said. Unless the CVs have planned something that will completely blindside us, the cancer plot, like others will be a ghisa-pita track that will be both hard to watch and depressing.

Confronting and overcoming challenges is not always a primary feature of relationships; neither is problem-solving a litmus test of a successful relationship. Somehow Indian serials do not get this, or perhaps they bend to the demands of the trp devatas. Sometimes, what makes a serial memorable are the small, mundane ways the characters go about their days and grow together emotionally.

This being said, I am content for now to wait and watch and willing to be surprised. Perhaps we might get the lightness that we all crave after all. Lets see how it all unfolds.

I'm definitely not in favour of this cancer track. It was a shocker and its gonna be depressing for sure. But I still have some hopes from SM bcos they do handle things a bit differently and don't drag tracks for too long (Nandini track being an exception).

I just hope the reports have got exchanged (typical ITV style). I can't see KeerTi going through such a tough phase again. We'll get to see some brilliant acting from Rati-Manav though in the upcoming episodes for sure.

Let's see what's in store for us 🤞

Just a question.. what type of cancer doctor mentioned?(I am yet to watch today's episode) If it is uterus cancer then treatment is to remove it. It means preethi will be safe but she can never have kids...

If they handle this track well showing KT helping preethi to get cure and all with lots of love, this track has potential to gain TRPs...

Originally posted by -PD-

Just a question.. what type of cancer doctor mentioned?(I am yet to watch today's episode) If it is uterus cancer then treatment is to remove it. It means preethi will be safe but she can never have kids...

If they handle this track well showing KT helping preethi to get cure and all with lots of love, this track has potential to gain TRPs...

It was ovarian cancer, and sounded quite terminal as the doc said to Preeti that she has very little time left : (

Originally posted by aimf

It was ovarian cancer, and sounded quite terminal as the doc said to Preeti that she has very little time left : (

I just saw the episode... it is intelligently cut precap. She has ovaries cancer means they need to remove it and has to be done soon to save her life. Preethi cannot be a mother but she won’t die. So surrogate mother concept will come with the girl who was introduced will come into picture now.

Originally posted by -PD-

I just saw the episode... it is intelligently cut precap. She has ovaries cancer means they need to remove it and has to be done soon to save her life. Preethi cannot be a mother but she won’t die. So surrogate mother concept will come with the girl who was introduced will come into picture now.

For surrogacy preeti had to donate ovaries. If she has cancer how will she donate than? 

Surrogacy doesn't make sense here unless n untill dey screw medical science here 

Ehmbh cancer track took their show to highest trp. This kind of track usually ppl like when FL has some medical issues n all. Trp increase karne ka ninja technique. 

Plus Rati n manav will get to show their acting prowess here. This type of track actually bring out best in any artist . 

Originally posted by Sarcastic_me

For surrogacy preeti had to donate ovaries. If she has cancer how will she donate than? 

Surrogacy doesn't make sense here unless n untill dey screw medical science here 

Surrogacy is of 2 types actually. Gestational and traditional. If Preeti has cancer, gestational is out of question, cos she won't be able to donate her eggs. In the traditional one, the egg is of the surrogate, and can be fertilized through artificial means. I highly doubt Kushala n co will opt for that. Don't know what's in store.

I'm sure they'll come up with reports getting exchanged in typical ITV style😆

Originally posted by Sarcastic_me

Egg is from donor not Preethi.. defo kushala won’t be happy if she knows. KT and Preethi may hide from everyone and go for surrogacy let’s see

Edited by -PD- - 3 years ago