BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

DISCLAIMER: This is just my point of view and by no means I want to belittle the cast and crew. 

I saw the first episode yesterday and all I have to say is why does Ekta want to remake her own shows again and again and again? She seems to be earning handsomely, so what exactly is stopping her from hiring a new team of writers and come up with a new story altogether? Pick an old show that was popular among the youth, throw a snake, an eagle, a divinity angle and behold - you have Kuch Toh Hai!

Can't they at least come up with a fresh new story? They are literally reusing the same plot from Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani with minor alterations:

1. While Abhay was a human who was turned into a vampire, you have Rehan who is born one owing to nature's curse and he has his own family. Are they all vampires too? If not, how did Rehaan manage to hide his identity from them? How doesn't he feel the urge to rip their throats out? Waiting to see how this plays out
  2. Piya was an orphan who comes to Dehradun while Priya too an orphan comes to Mussoorie. While Piya was a human, Priya is a supernatural. Not much difference there either
  3. Piya ends up bonding with a girl and that played out so naturally. That camaraderie unfolded naturally whereas here she is just introduced to a girl who takes her home? Wah! Have to give it to the folks of Mussorie for being so big hearted 👏 Its a free PG for girls from outside the city 🤣 
  4. Piya ran into her father and here Priya is most likely in the presence of her biological mom
  5. Rehaan is shown to be a mysterious guy after whom the entire town is after whereas that was the case with Abhay too😆 
  6. And there are so many parallels to Misha, Panchi, Ruhi and other characters

But at least in PKYEK they did not show Piya getting settled in Dobriyal mansion. She lived in a hostel like other girls. And how do angels and vampires fit in the Naagin universe? There is no point in remaking PKYEK coz Colors is not Star One. Star One aired youth based shows and they never had a huge audience base. They had a niche audience who remained faithful to the show right from start to finish. At least audience did not quit it mid way like most of the current shows coz of senseless tracks. Colors shows have a nice start but it gets ruined eventually coz they are in a rat race to achieve TRPs. The Naagin franchise is no longer what it once was and the fall started with S4. Makers should have taken a cue and ended it right there. But instead they came out with S5 and now a spin off! 

One of the main reasons y this show might not work is Colors will eventually introduce all kinds of silly tracks to get TRP audience which will ruin the show. This has been my experience with Colors. I know PKYEK was a copy (TVD + Twilight) but it was one of its kind in the Indian TV world. The ensemble cast contributed to the story and were not mere props. U did not have unnecessary villains for most part. And that is why people love this show even to this day.

Everyone might argue Naagin S1 was path breaking but sorry to say, that was a ditto ditto copy of Sayantani Ghosh's show which aired not a decade ago. What made S1 interesting was the cast, Sesha and the bond Sesha and Shivanya shared (till Sesha turned dark of course). Then comes S2, where the story is a repeat. Instead of Shivanya's parents, Shivanya gets killed and her daughter swears revenge. Only difference - unlike in S1 where Shivnaya never doubted Ritik or held him accountable for her parents death, Shivangi blames Rocky till truth prevailed. S3 looked interesting but it soon turned into an Ekta Kapoor opera with characters turning good, bad, good and bad again and silly plots to fill in and a rebirth to boot. Then comes S4 which I thought might be different but they do away with the only interesting character which was of Nayantara's and God knows what khichdi it turned into. S5 I saw teeny bits and pieces but the ensemble cast were boring even though the premise and lead pair were good. S4 and S5 already saw a huge decline in numbers. So y not end this franchise for good?

I will still give the makers the benefit of doubt and watch it as a new story for few episodes. But given Colors history, not so hopeful. Please do share your views as well.

Edited by BeyondHorizon - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Elinuh thumbnail

They should have just gave us another Naagin series instead of this crap or end the franchise.

BeyondHorizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: myaza

They should have just gave us another Naagin series instead of this crap or end the franchise.

Naagin series is nothing but crap dear 😆 it should have ended with s1 or max s2. 

MuguetDScorpion thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

At least PKYEK had interesting and strong characters. In this one I don't see any strong character. Even the vampire looks like high school teenager. 😕 The girls are after him because he is rich and handsome. With Abhay, it was kind of a mystery. 

BeyondHorizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: MuguetDScorpion

At least PKYEK had interesting and strong characters. In this one I don't see any strong character. Even the vampire looks like high school teenager. 😕 The girls are after him because he is rich and handsome. With Abhay, it was kind of a mystery. 

Exactly. Vivian Dsena has a larger than life presence and he fit perfectly well in that role. He was an enigma. Harsh is nothing like him. Not to insult Harsh coz I have seen him as Ansh in Nazar and he was good. But Gul did not try to portray him as a stud. And PKYEK had some logic where plot line is concerned. Here there is none.

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Agreed

Saw the first epi & it was terrible

The leads have ZERO chemistry in the show...FL looks like a woman..ML looks like a scrawny kid

Whole show screams cheap

Y not make a story like the movie BulBul... it was so interesting with beautiful cinematography & writing

BeyondHorizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

Agreed

Saw the first epi & it was terrible

The leads have ZERO chemistry in the show...FL looks like a woman..ML looks like a scrawny kid

Whole show screams cheap

Y not make a story like the movie BulBul... it was so interesting with beautiful cinematography & writing

Couldn’t agree more. The leads have lacklustre chemistry for now and I can see Harsh trying way too hard to be a stud who attracts girls to him like nectar attracts bees but it’s not working. It’s not believable at any rate. I still remember when the first promo of PKYEK came out it was so captivating n gave me goosebumps but this one just fell flat. All of Ekta’s new shows are a remake of her old ones. Didn see Brahmarakshas 2 but just read the synopsis. It’s a supernatural story whose base story is same KDMHMD and ironically Ekta had remade this show few years back with Sharad and Kritika as leads in Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki. How difficult is it to come up with a new storyline? And Ekta has a team of writers and if our own forum members are capable of writing such wonderful stories I wonder what is the issue? We are still amateur writers who write for hobby but these are professionals. Then y is there a dearth for fresh concepts?

sanchita1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Pkyek is one of the best show. No show can be like that. I still want to see vd in such avtaar

BeyondHorizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanchita1410

Pkyek is one of the best show. No show can be like that. I still want to see vd in such avtaar

In the supernatural genre yes, PKYEK will be the best ITV show. And that’s the only saving grace for Ekta. That will be one of the best shows she ever made.

sanchita1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: BeyondHorizon

In the supernatural genre yes, PKYEK will be the best ITV show. And that’s the only saving grace for Ekta. That will be one of the best shows she ever made.

That's an another aura. No saas bahu crap. Totally youth show. Still my fav