Indian Idol 12

Why do they not praise and appreciate Sireesha?

RMCanada thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

I have been watching the show since the first episode. Anyone here can enlighten me as to why the judges keep avoiding Sireesha and praise lesser performances consistently? She sang fantastically with the soul as a professional singer yet it drew a lukewarm response from the judges. Lesser singers today got "mausam badal diya" so Why this bias?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Yes even I notice that they don’t praise Sireesha as much as some others. Infact I think she has given mausam badal diya performances every week

RMCanada thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Raina~

Yes even I notice that they don’t praise Sireesha as much as some others. Infact I think she has given mausam badal diya performances every week

Exactly. I think the show is scripted and she is not favoured as she does not have a sob story background to pull trp.

altgr thumbnail

In yesterday's episode Vishal and HR gave very good comments on her performance so I don't think there is anything like that. And I don't care for Mausam Badal Diya.

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I understand not caring for the mausam badal diya, but as a contestant, that could be very encouraging. 

Honestly, seeing how randomly they give mausam badal diya, I don’t care for it either, but I guess to a lot of people that’s a signal that they singer sang well and some people vote accordingly.

RMCanada thumbnail

Originally posted by: altgr

In yesterday's episode Vishal and HR gave very good comments on her performance so I don't think there is anything like that. And I don't care for Mausam Badal Diya.

I don't care about mausam but that shows the real appropriate appreciation for the contestants.

RMCanada thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Raina~

I understand not caring for the mausam badal diya, but as a contestant, that could be very encouraging. 

Honestly, seeing how randomly they give mausam badal diya, I don’t care for it either, but I guess to a lot of people that’s a signal that they singer sang well and some people vote accordingly.

Well said!

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I’ve noticed this as well (they do this a lot to female contestants from previous years as well) they praise some of the male performances to the skies and overlook the female ones. This year especially when singers like Arunita, Shirisha and Anushka have been consistently doing well and giving good performances. 

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

To start off with I could see Sireesha was not favourite of Vishal and Neha so she was given lukewarm comments from them.  I even thought they were under rating Arunita. They could not see further than their favourites.

After few episodes Vishal started giving some positive comments. Could  be someone might have pointed out to both judges they were coming out openly with who their favourites are??!!!

Don't know if you all noticed that Vishal and Neha mostly on same parr (same favourites, western tunes etc) where as HR who is an allrounder kept out or HR prefers not to join them & be on his own with his opinion.

RMCanada thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms.S.K.

To start off with I could see Sireesha was not favourite of Vishal and Neha so she was given lukewarm comments from them.  I even thought they were under rating Arunita. They could not see further than their favourites.

After few episodes Vishal started giving some positive comments. Could  be someone might have pointed out to both judges they were coming out openly with who their favourites are??!!!

Don't know if you all noticed that Vishal and Neha mostly on same parr (same favourites, western tunes etc) where as HR who is an allrounder kept out or HR prefers not to join them & be on his own with his opinion.

I agree with your assessment. It is sad to see this every week. Candidates should be judged solely on the basis of the quality of singing, expressions and variety. Nothing else like showmanship and emotional backgrounds should come into play.