Posted: 3 years ago

The makers have continuously used really descriptive and precise songs to represent what Rani and Veer are feeling internally. 

When they were on the verge of breaking apart due to Ranisa's command, they played "ek tukda dhoop" which implied that after breaking apart, what will remain in them is not enough for them to live. It's a more subtle form of heart break.

After breaking apart

What is left is not enough to live

A ray of sunshine

Is moist inside me

During Veer's letter writing scene, they played "kyun mein jaagoon" which again implied he will be a lifeless soul after being separated from Rani. It also implied that home now means "Rani" for Veer. Veer will be lost without Rani. This is a more intense form of heart break, the one you feel when separating from true love.

Separating me from my dreams just like that,

I don't know where God has hidden himself,

I don't know when I lost myself

How do I live, even my soul is away from me?

Why do my paths ask me where my home is?

Why does knock ask me where the door is?

Paths which have no destination,

Find me, now I live there only.

My heart is somewhere and heartbeat somewhere else,

(My) breaths are there but (don't know) why I'm not alive.

When Veer showed up in the kabaddi field to play from Rani's team, they played a song (name unknown?) for Rani which implied she wants Veer to protect and conserve her. This was Rani's cry for Veer to just be there for her.

I am a pearl, darling keep me strung together in you.

If I break, I will fall apart, darling keep me guarded and protected.

During the RanVeer hug scene, they played "chaap tilak". This represented Rani's emotions of falling for Veer more intensely, rather than just a need.

You Have Snatched Away All Trace of Me

With One Glance of Your Enchanting Eyes.

With One Glance of Your Enchanting Eyes,

You Have Snatched Away All Trace of Me.

The latest song they played when Veer was carrying Rani in the field post the Birju fiasco represented the change in Veer's feelings. They played a beautiful song (name unknown?) which implied that Veer has fallen for Rani and he won't be leaving her. "I won't leave like a moment in time", beautiful lyrics.

The effect (color) that you have on me, that effect (color) will never go.

The thread that binds us, that thread will never break.

I won't leave like a moment in time.

Wherever time stops for a moment, I will stay there my whole life.

I have given you my heart, what have I done?

You only know your secret darling, but I have become yours.

I have become yours, I have become yours.

The key word in this song "rangrez" means painter technically. But in the romantic sense, it means a beloved who paints one's soul and mind with love. It represents a strong bond or relation. So in Veer's context, it is saying: "You have a huge effect on me, I won't leave you and will stay here my whole life. I don't know about you, but you have painted me with your love and I have become yours".

Just through the song journey, we can feel what the characters are feeling inside. The Balia track has explored Veer's emotions like nothing else. From feeling like there won't be enough to live to feeling like there is no destination no path without Rani to finally feeling love for her, the selection of songs overtime represent his strong and subconscious emotions. Veer doesn't know what Rani feels for him but he subconsciously has become hers only and no one, not even Ranisa, can separate them. Rani's song selection also represents that she is falling for Veer in a way such that she wants him.

Kudos to the makers for being so meticulous with the song selection. smiley32 With Megha and Fahmaan portraying their emotions superbly, the songs really help us dive into what the character is subconsciously feeling (even if the character themself doesn't know it yet). ❤️

Originally posted by Shimmer_sault

Wow will put videos here

That will be awesome 😃 

Thank you for opening this thread 🤗

I agree the song selection is always top notch picked to complement the flow of the story and  portray characters feelings.

I think the song played on 5th Feb belongs to the show, a female version was played for Rani in the thank you letter scene before marriage. May be its RanVeer's song  I couldn't find it anywhere online

Originally posted by flamingoAK

The makers have continuously used really descriptive and precise songs to represent what Rani and Veer are feeling internally. 

When they were on the verge of breaking apart due to Ranisa's command, they played "ek tukda dhoop" which implied that after breaking apart, what will remain in them is not enough for them to live. It's a more subtle form of heart break.

After breaking apart

What is left is not enough to live

A ray of sunshine

Is moist inside me

During Veer's letter writing scene, they played "kyun mein jaagoon" which again implied he will be a lifeless soul after being separated from Rani. It also implied that home now means "Rani" for Veer. Veer will be lost without Rani. This is a more intense form of heart break, the one you feel when separating from true love.

Separating me from my dreams just like that,

I don't know where God has hidden himself,

I don't know when I lost myself

How do I live, even my soul is away from me?

Why do my paths ask me where my home is?

Why does knock ask me where the door is?

Paths which have no destination,

Find me, now I live there only.

My heart is somewhere and heartbeat somewhere else,

(My) breaths are there but (don't know) why I'm not alive.

When Veer showed up in the kabaddi field to play from Rani's team, they played a song (name unknown?) for Rani which implied she wants Veer to protect and conserve her. This was Rani's cry for Veer to just be there for her.

I am a pearl, darling keep me strung together in you.

If I break, I will fall apart, darling keep me guarded and protected.

During the RanVeer hug scene, they played "chaap tilak". This represented Rani's emotions of falling for Veer more intensely, rather than just a need.

You Have Snatched Away All Trace of Me

With One Glance of Your Enchanting Eyes.

With One Glance of Your Enchanting Eyes,

You Have Snatched Away All Trace of Me.

The latest song they played when Veer was carrying Rani in the field post the Birju fiasco represented the change in Veer's feelings. They played a beautiful song (name unknown?) which implied that Veer has fallen for Rani and he won't be leaving her. "I won't leave like a moment in time", beautiful lyrics.

The effect (color) that you have on me, that effect (color) will never go.

The thread that binds us, that thread will never break.

I won't leave like a moment in time.

Wherever time stops for a moment, I will stay there my whole life.

I have given you my heart, what have I done?

I have become yours, I have become yours.

The key word in this song "rangrez" means painter technically. But in the romantic sense, it means a beloved who paints one's soul and mind with love. It represents a strong bond or relation. So in Veer's context, it is saying: "You have a huge effect on me, I won't leave you and will stay here my whole life. I don't know about you, but you have painted me with your love and I have become yours".

Just through the song journey, we can feel what the characters are feeling inside. The Balia track has explored Veer's emotions like nothing else. From feeling like there won't be enough to live to feeling like there is no destination no path without Rani to finally feeling love for her, the selection of songs overtime represent his strong and subconscious emotions. Veer doesn't know what Rani feels for him but he subconsciously has become hers only and no one, not even Ranisa, can separate them. Rani's song selection also represents that she is falling for Veer in a way such that she wants him.

Kudos to the makers for being so meticulous with the song selection. smiley32 With Megha and Fahmaan portraying their emotions superbly, the songs really help us dive into what the character is subconsciously feeling (even if the character themself doesn't know it yet). ❤️

You, AK, really have a way with words. Love that. Absolutely agree. The song selection of this show really really helped us feel even more connected to the characters ❤️

Originally posted by Yaso1.0

I think the song played on 5th Feb belongs to the show, a female version was played for Rani in the thank you letter scene before marriage. May be its RanVeer's song  I couldn't find it anywhere online

Yea I didn't realize until Rekha mentioned it! It's such a beautiful song we weren't able to find it online either 😒

Originally posted by Fahmida21

You, AK, really have a way with words. Love that. Absolutely agree. The song selection of this show really really helped us feel even more connected to the characters ❤️

Thank you so much ❤️❤️🤗

Today's song selection was epic. Do pal from Veer Zara. Absolutely emphasised Veer and Rani's emotions during his departure. The words and their expressions were a perfect match. 

Originally posted by Fahmida21

Today's song selection was epic. Do pal from Veer Zara. Absolutely emphasised Veer and Rani's emotions during his departure. The words and their expressions were a perfect match. 

I agree ❤️ Veer Zaara just tingles another corner of my heart. But the song choice was apt. Their expressions and song combined made the departing scene 10x sadder.