Mohit's acting in episode 9 or the direction of entire episode

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

Was just watching some initial episodes and i landed on to the episode number 9 where Bani and jay enters the temple...i must admit this is the worst acting i have seen in the entire nagin franchise...first bani transforms and starts dancing but jay doesnt...suddenly jay starts acting like tiktok's joker ðŸ˜† then transforms into a snake then again back to human and then starts dancing

Edited by WexQuasExort - 3 years ago

Originally posted by WexQuasExort

Was just watching some initial episodes and i landed on to the episode number 9 where Bani and jay enters the temple...i must admit this is the worst acting i have seen in the entire nagin franchise...first bani transforms and starts dancing but jay doesnt...suddenly jay starts acting like tiktok's joker ðŸ˜• then transforms into a snake then again back to human and then starts dancing

Poor Direction and Poor Production house values. 

The makers clearly wanted the audience to hate Jai's character by not giving catchy dialogues or good costumes (Naag costume for Jai was the worst and it  is done intentional). So they director forced him to overact. Still some foolish Vani fans bash him saying he is a terrible actor and will bodyshame him (like how they would say N5 is the best season of whole Naagin franchise) 

Otherwise an experienced actor never perform this horrible. 

Originally posted by InsaneSoul08

The makers clearly wanted the audience to hate Jai's character by not giving catchy dialogues or good costumes (Naag costume for Jai was the worst and it  is done intentional). So they director forced him to overact. Still some foolish Vani fans bash him saying he is a terrible actor and will bodyshame him (like how they would say N5 is the best season of whole Naagin franchise) 

If everything wasn’t intentional why did he agree to do it in the first place or why didn’t he just leave if he felt that he was being suppressed? Jasmin who played Nayantara the character I liked the most, the minute she felt that her character was getting degraded left the show, why did Mohit stay?

The truth is Mohit himself admitted that he was not prepared for the role of a naag in an interview and it was quite evident, he was never a fit for a beefy role like that and I felt this way even before I became a full on VAni fan, in fact if SM was given the role of the Naag as well as the Cheel given he had a twin brother born of a hybrid mother, that would have been more better.

Originally posted by Rein123

If everything wasn’t intentional why did he agree to do it in the first place or why didn’t he just leave if he felt that he was being suppressed? Jasmin who played Nayantara the character I liked the most, the minute she felt that her character was getting degraded left the show, why did Mohit stay?

The truth is Mohit himself admitted that he was not prepared for the role of a naag in an interview and it was quite evident, he was never a fit for a beefy role like that and I felt this way even before I became a full on VAni fan, in fact if SM was given the role of the Naag as well as the Cheel given he had a twin brother born of a hybrid mother, that would have been more better.

Yes. Maybe. But I am speaking about that particular scene where the tandav happens. It was so bad... Can't the director approve for a retake? That make me think like this.. 

I wonder why he agree to do the same. Maybe he thought he would get a beefy role after becoming a villain which is partially true... 

Jay's arc as a human was good. Once he became a naag, the acting went a little odd. That episode was cringy, I agree. The way he seemed like he was having fits. As if he was being possessed by some demon. 

Then it got a bit better and again came down

They cut out a lot of story after the media and fans began trolling the kalyug cast, and Jai was a definite casualty. I imagine they did it this way because kalyug human jai was good and when he regained memories he was being possessed by the evil satyug naag.

Had the creatives given proper care to the kalyug story we would probably have seen a proper development of Jai from good to evil - ie killing his family etc. 

As for acting well have you seen the bts? The director was micromanaging all parts of everyone’s performance right down to expressions and hand placements, and making actors retake if it wasn’t perfect. So he was definitely instrumental in all performances - the good and bad. So that makes me think all of it was intentional.

As for Mohit not giving up - it’s not considered positive any more for actors to leave when their roles become shit. It seriously hurts careers which is probably why Jasmin became a bb contestant rather than announce new acting projects.

Yes. Maybe. But I am speaking about that particular scene where the tandav happens. It was so bad... Can't the director approve for a retake? That make me think like this.. 

I wonder why he agree to do the same. Maybe he thought he would get a beefy role after becoming a villain which is partially true... 

I think it was because of covid. SurMo were not very serious about the dance sequence 

Originally posted by CherryBucket

They cut out a lot of story after the media and fans began trolling the kalyug cast, and Jai was a definite casualty. I imagine they did it this way because kalyug human jai was good and when he regained memories he was being possessed by the evil satyug naag.

Had the creatives given proper care to the kalyug story we would probably have seen a proper development of Jai from good to evil - ie killing his family etc. 

As for acting well have you seen the bts? The director was micromanaging all parts of everyone’s performance right down to expressions and hand placements, and making actors retake if it wasn’t perfect. So he was definitely instrumental in all performances - the good and bad. So that makes me think all of it was intentional.

As for Mohit not giving up - it’s not considered positive any more for actors to leave when their roles become shit. It seriously hurts careers which is probably why Jasmin became a bb contestant rather than announce new acting projects.

Jasmine was in Khatron ke khiladi before joining big boss along with Nia Sharma. She will get acting projects but not with Ekta, and I don't think she will ever consider working with Ekta again after the shit that PH did to her.

Aaj kal initial jai bani episodes dekhenge toh boht irritating aur boring legti hai.i think jabse jai flop plans banana shuru kiya na I swear mujhe sach me tabse mohit ki acting as jai acha lagne laga and I will miss jai and uski flop plans

I don't think it's fair to blame only VaNi fans because VaNi fd were just starting to build by then more than them, it was Naagin franchise fans and few fans from Sanaya popular Jodi bashing him in the most toxic way. Alot of SC solo fans and even some of Sharad fans took a stand for Mohit then when whole itv stan was attacking him on Twitter. It was OK to comment on his performance but what he was getting wasn't constructive criticism a few of them even tagged Sanaya for her to see all the negativity and bashing he was receiving then too like people take it as some joke when certain situations wasn't funny at all.