SoS for Virat : Kahin Virat hi na ghum ho jaye

Posted: 3 years ago

Hullo there, new here!

I rarely watch Indian soaps. But, what drew me to this show― apart from the age-old crush on Chavan saheb― is how wonderful the character actually is. The softness and care in Virat eyes; his concern which is often almost hysterically misplaced. Even when there was/is no possibility for romantic love, he does not run out of respect or concern. Those are the things he has always extended to both ladies. 

Even when he idiotically thought that he was in love with Patharlekha did, he couldn't bring himself to be callous towards Sai. And, now that he is slowly realising how deep the love for Sai runs in his blood, he still cannot be cruel to Pathar didi.

He's a wonderful man and a good police man. He cannot bear injustice ― more so towards women.

The last week has been troubling to say the least. It's not that he did not feel Sai's pain―  he did. I do not agree with the fact that he was normalising molestation. What I found rather laughably incredulous is he compared targeted sexual harassment to his family's sadism, unironically. Sai is brave, and he knows it in his very veins. She could fight Jagtap, and she can fight his family. But, the fact remains that neither of those things are 'challenges'. A challenge is training for a marathon or dealing with shitty bosses;  not enduring abuse. She deserves better

A responsible police officer―  who had been posted to a risky place like Gadchiroli and is now dealing with crimes against women― manipulating his own wife by saying such drivel is frankly disrespectful.

Chavan saheb jo ab anjaan rishte se door hona hi nahi chahte toh unhe Sai ko baar baar sabse pehle chun na hoga. Sai ki puri duniya bante toh jaa rahe hai toh uske layak bhi banana padega.

But, that brings me to my main point, the CVs need to stop trying to make Virat like Ronno. Ronno was a despicable character who accused his wife of infidelity and drove her to severe harm time and time again. This laziness to plagiarise the Bengali version will kill Virat.

Virat ke ghum hone par shayad Sai Na ghum ho par uski duniya phir khokhli ho jayegi. And, she deserves better.

Frankly, he also needs to call his family out for their casteist and racist filth, too. Jo khudse Canada kiya tha Baiko ko maan dene ka woh nibhana padega. I also hope that the jealousy track will be sweet and not misogynistic.

We need to spam the CVs to hire diverse writers . Jitna budget Pathar didi ke colour-coded Mangalsutra pe jata hai uska better use toh yahi hoga.

Baki,

Aabhar.

Great post. Agree completely. The laziness in copying Ronno will kill this. He was an annoying twerp who frankly didn't deserve Emon. Also on a shallow level, Virat is much better looking than Ronno who looked like an uncle to the ethereally lovely Emon. 

But Virat has so far been better fleshed out..much better. This show is wholly based on Virat's actions. Sai's actions, her stance, her thought process is clear as a bell. WYSIWYG with Sai. She doesn't take bullshit that's it. That's her in a nutshell. Virat is the more complex character stuck between a wife and a sorta ex and a nut job family. Frankly, silbatte mein toh Virat pisa. 😂 

Ya i agree that this show stands to lose its likability with several of us if they remain completely unoriginal. Its fine that they thought they should remake the show in hindi but they also need to add their own elements in the show. Sirf bengali to hindi translation karne ke bajaye the creatives of this show should try to come up with something fresh. TRP ka mujhe pata nahi, shayaad they may continue to do well but atleast on the forum its apparent that many of us want to see new and fresh plots not just a repeat of the bengali/tamil versions. Few scenes can be borrowed but not every scene and every line. They seem to have a great starcast with good screen presence. Its time they pull up their socks snd do some real work, instead of copy paste! So far, because of the actors being fantastic, and their mutual chemistry with each other- not just Sairat but the others too, they are carrying the show. But after a point if the story doesn't rise then it'll be a shame

Frankly, we need to spam the production house. Neil has been finally getting the satisfactory role after more than a decade and he very well deserves for it to last.

Originally posted by bostongirl11

Great post. Agree completely. The laziness in copying Ronno will kill this. He was an annoying twerp who frankly didn't deserve Emon. Also on a shallow level, Virat is much better looking than Ronno who looked like an uncle to the ethereally lovely Emon. 

But Virat has so far been better fleshed out..much better. This show is wholly based on Virat's actions. Sai's actions, her stance, her thought process is clear as a bell. WYSIWYG with Sai. She doesn't take bullshit that's it. That's her in a nutshell. Virat is the more complex character stuck between a wife and a sorta ex and a nut job family. Frankly, silbatte mein toh Virat pisa. 😂 

Neil absolutely deserves to use his skills on a good character. That's why I feel more so protective of this role and show, tbh.

Ayesha too deserves a great show.

Originally posted by bostongirl11

Neil absolutely deserves to use his skills on a good character. That's why I feel more so protective of this role and show, tbh.

Ayesha too deserves a great show because she's has been improving every single day.

Originally posted by Bluegrass

Hullo there, new here!

I rarely watch Indian soaps. But, what drew me to this show― apart from the age-old crush on Chavan saheb― is how wonderful the character actually is. The softness and care in Virat eyes; his concern which is often almost hysterically misplaced. Even when there was/is no possibility for romantic love, he does not run out of respect or concern. Those are the things he has always extended to both ladies. 

Even when he idiotically thought that he was in love with Patharlekha did, he couldn't bring himself to be callous towards Sai. And, now that he is slowly realising how deep the love for Sai runs in his blood, he still cannot be cruel to Pathar didi.

He's a wonderful man and a good police man. He cannot bear injustice ― more so towards women.

The last week has been troubling to say the least. It's not that he did not feel Sai's pain―  he did. I do not agree with the fact that he was normalising molestation. What I found rather laughably incredulous is he compared targeted sexual harassment to his family's sadism, unironically. Sai is brave, and he knows it in his very veins. She could fight Jagtap, and she can fight his family. But, the fact remains that neither of those things are 'challenges'. A challenge is training for a marathon or dealing with shitty bosses;  not enduring abuse. She deserves better

A responsible police officer―  who had been posted to a risky place like Gadchiroli and is now dealing with crimes against women― manipulating his own wife by saying such drivel is frankly disrespectful.

Chavan saheb jo ab anjaan rishte se door hona hi nahi chahte toh unhe Sai ko baar baar sabse pehle chun na hoga. Sai ki puri duniya bante toh jaa rahe hai toh uske layak bhi banana padega.

But, that brings me to my main point, the CVs need to stop trying to make Virat like Ronno. Ronno was a despicable character who accused his wife of infidelity and drove her to severe harm time and time again. This laziness to plagiarise the Bengali version will kill Virat.

Virat ke ghum hone par shayad Sai Na ghum ho par uski duniya phir khokhli ho jayegi. And, she deserves better.

Frankly, he also needs to call his family out for their casteist and racist filth, too. Jo khudse Canada kiya tha Baiko ko maan dene ka woh nibhana padega. I also hope that the jealousy track will be sweet and not misogynistic.

We need to spam the CVs to hire diverse writers . Jitna budget Pathar didi ke colour-coded Mangalsutra pe jata hai uska better use toh yahi hoga.

Baki,

Aabhar.

Hahah stonelekha ke mangalsutra color coordinated hai...Lol she got 2-3 dialogues and the blank expression then too getting this much.

Agreed! If they keep copying the bengali version like this the show will loose its charm.. it os loosing in fact. Personally, I don't find any other character than Sai to be interesting and the only who is still making me glued to the show inspite of the hypocrisy and regressive drama. And Ayesha singh is doing an amazing job.. she's so natural and effortless.. All other characters including virat seem to be aloof and off track sometimes.

Yeah exactly! they are ruining virat's characters by making him compare his family to people who molested her. Moreover, if they go down the MU track w Virat yelling and being mean time and time again to Sai, it will completely kill SaiRat and Virat for me. Everything I knew he stood for, will go down the drain. Neil is doing a wonderful job w expressions, dialogue delivery and everything as Virat ..even the fun seq. as well as police wala seq so i hope they dont ruin his character for me. For a change, maybe they can focus on patralekha and getting her character diff shades than the same old "my life is over.." or focus on developing other characters.. what happened to sunny!? i dont see him...We only see Sai and the family fighting all the time and virat coming in the end only to stay there and give looks lol 

Originally posted by prs_725

Yeah exactly! they are ruining virat's characters by making him compare his family to people who molested her. Moreover, if they go down the MU track w Virat yelling and being mean time and time again to Sai, it will completely kill SaiRat and Virat for me. Everything I knew he stood for, will go down the drain. Neil is doing a wonderful job w expressions, dialogue delivery and everything as Virat ..even the fun seq. as well as police wala seq so i hope they dont ruin his character for me. For a change, maybe they can focus on patralekha and getting her character diff shades than the same old "my life is over.." or focus on developing other characters.. what happened to sunny!? i dont see him...We only see Sai and the family fighting all the time and virat coming in the end only to stay there and give looks lol 

Honestly, I won't be much interested in watching any shades of pattarlekha.. as I by now believe or know that she has none! Also she's too expression less mostly.. not at all interesting to watch. I would want them to dwell more on the sairat bond and also break the monotony of the family drama. It would be interesting to see how Sai changes the minds of family people and break their age old "regressive" beliefs and patterns