What is your biggest disappointment with edkv2?

Posted: 3 years ago

What aspect of edkv2 you didn't like which includes pre-corona, post-lockdown,and post-leap episodes.

For me the biggest disappointment with this show is that it ruined so early. It would have make sense if it ruined after 1 year because that's the case with almost every ITV show. But the script of edkv2 deteriorates merely in its sixth month and it ruined so badly that there was no story at all. As much as I am cherishing the current suvan romance, it doesn't make up for the damage they have done in last 2.5 months. Cvs have destroyed the potentially intense story.

The first month of show was brilliant. After lockdown, it might not brilliant but basic essence was maintained. I feel that cvs could have spent more time in Suman's realisation of love and suvan's love story. The leap could have brought little bit later.

Overall I feel incomplete with this show because for me ekdv2 has ended when script has ruined drastically. Right now I am watching for the sake of watching because I don't leave any show in the middle.  

just 2 things about the Pre-Leap:

Post lockdown-

i guess they had shot the 'Blood Donation camp' track, so they could've shown that to us,

the dating phase of SuVan was extremely short. 

Post-Leap:

EVERYTHING!

Pre-leap:

The lightening fast separation(not gonna blame the CVs here because Sony is one stupid channel😔)

Also Dadu turning into K Dadu😆

Post-leap:

STORY, even the actors were not giving their best IMO, dialogues were weirdly placed!

Originally posted by Pranushka_723

Pre-leap:

The lightening fast separation(not gonna blame the CVs here because Sony is one stupid channel😔)

Post-leap:

STORY, even the actors were not giving their best IMO, dialogues were weirdly placed!

@bold: Sony is one channel which does start out great stories but then usske andar ka koi ego-maniac -cum-masochistic personality jaag jaata hain & in turn they themselves destroy their best stories (Indianwala Maa, EDKV 1 & 2, Beyhadh 1 & 2 & so many more....)

Originally posted by SuVan_EDKV2

@bold: Sony is one channel which does start out great stories but then usske andar ka koi ego-maniac -cum-masochistic personality jaag jaata hain & in turn they themselves destroy their best stories (Indianwala Maa, EDKV 1 & 2, Beyhadh 1 & 2 & so many more....)

Ikr... they give even more horrible time slots for their good shows

Also repeat-telecast nahi rakhte... full day CP😵

I was kind of expecting to see army training tracks...which they didn't really show...which was kind of disappointing.

Agreeing with Lavy, they could also give some more time to SuVan pre-leap and Dadu turning into K Daddu all of a sudden, I wanted to see him soon warming up to the civilians. They really rushed to get to the leap.

Post-leap is quite disappointing too. Army scenes between Suvan are rarely shown (I haven't caught up but based on how much I've watched so far). The story seemed to also have been dragging a lot lately in my opinion.

Originally posted by Pranushka_723

Pre-leap:

Post-leap:

Lavy...you summed it up so well...about what I wanted to say about this show.

Pre-leap:

They have given so much details almost like every day's activities etc. then all of a sudden they speeded up so high... it's OK to speed up as long as they keep the flows in correct direction...bit doesn't look like they have any direction for a while....

Post-leap:

I have not seen recently....once or twice I may have peeked in looks like...main characters are screaming for help....rescue us from this so their performances are too. Not sure they even know why they're lingering it so long.

I second to all that has been already said by my dear friends here.

I think whenever something hinders a good flow, it becomes more challenging to get back into it as before. They lost momentum with the track on onset of the lockdown. While they were restricted to follow certain guidelines and that was commendable, the vibe somewhere had started to fade.

The dating phase was short I feel but still it felt like the show we signed up for. Ofc the sequence of blood camp, NCC, R-day parade and their growing trust would've seemed more gradual and have had a greater impact later on. 

Post leap they dipped and dipped. The plummeting took down characters that could've been of actual use to the story than addition of unnecessary side characters. 

Again we can only imagine how much potential they could've had with the org story and if we'd gotten to witness it. 

Edited by Bucky - 3 years ago

I had really high expectations for this show because it had good actors and a promising story line. I was really looking forward to the army track post-leap and my expectations had grown even bigger after watching the Korean Drama Descendants of the Sun. So obviously, I am highly disappointed with the show. I have sworn never to watch another Indian show again because I become so invested in it and then get disappointed. 

I understand they were limited as to what they could show due to Covid but they completely ruined the post-leap story. The pre-leap/post-lockdown episodes were good with the study group and Shravan's confession. But they unnecessarily sped up Suman's realization/confession and Suvan's dating phase. In my opinion, they should have just stretched the pre-leap story because it was far better compared to what they are currently showing. 

The problem with post leap? EVERYTHING! There is absolutely no story and logic! The acting and story all seems so forced - especially the third angles. It's just another family drama + love triangle drama but with an "army backdrop". I stuck around and watched the show for a while but quit when Shravan moved into the Tiwari House. I simply was not enjoying the show and they had gone beyond logic for me. My sister still watches the show (LOL I was the one who introduced her to it) and she doesn't seem to enjoy it right now either. I think they should have just ended the show with Suvan reuniting or getting engaged (before Kanikka left). I really don't understand why they are stretching the show so much now.