Posted: 3 years ago

Have you read it?

Does it affect our lives? I mean, people say, if we are confused, have no purpose in life, it gives a meaning, gets rid of bad addictions? Is it true?

Those who have read it, please tell. How is the book?

I actually don't believe a book can change us though. What can it possibly contain? Some powerful words, motivational? Or phrases like, treat everyone equally, help poor, needy ones, have a goal, work, don't remain idle, in sanskrit?. .....

Something amusing about that last para , like envisioned some Wake Up Cyrus where a bit spoiled happy go lucky millenial Saif uttering exact in his way on a light weight suggestion over coffee , in an open sky lounge , by an eccentric love interest..

Jokes apart if one initially feel dispirited in a profound way..An urge to leave mundane matters on hand behind & go over terrace , vape a cig with gaze on limitless blue ocean above which should then metamorphose into your life mirror , then it might be sign that it might be tailor made for you !

Some caveats might be there though..

Originally posted by Agent_Vinod

Something amusing about that last para , like envisioned some Wake Up Cyrus where a bit spoiled happy go lucky millenial Saif uttering exact in his way on a light weight suggestion over coffee , in an open sky lounge , by an eccentric love interest..

Jokes apart if one initially feel dispirited in a profound way..An urge to leave mundane matters on hand behind & go over terrace , vape a cig with gaze on limitless blue ocean above which should then metamorphose into your life mirror , then it might be sign that it might be tailor made for you !

Some caveats might be there though..

Okay. Thanks.

Edited by Ajeeb-ladki - 3 years ago

Padhke dekh lo Phir khud judge kar lena.

Originally posted by Mishh007

Padhke dekh lo Phir khud judge kar lena.

Yeah...I guess, found a pdf.

I will try to read.

It's changed my mother's life.

And a book can definitely change a life.

Originally posted by YoWorld

It's changed my mother's life.

And a book can definitely change a life.

That's great.

I have read it and yes if you actually apply the philosophy of Gita, your life would change drastically. But the difficult thing is applying the philosophy in your life..Gita ultimately teaches detachment from all the materialistic things and to surrender yourself to the will of God. But yes, it's very difficult thing to do so. 

Originally posted by Chill_Maar

I have read it and yes if you actually apply the philosophy of Gita, your life would change drastically. But the difficult thing is applying the philosophy in your life..Gita ultimately teaches detachment from all the materialistic things and to surrender yourself to the will of God. But yes, it's very difficult thing to do so. 

So, the main core is detachment from materialistic things? And we can't do that. Is there something else too?

Should I read it?

Originally posted by Ajeeb-ladki

So, the main core is detachment from materialistic things? And we can't do that. Is there something else too?

Should I read it?

You seem very interested why dont you read it?😆 Gita is profound philosophy ( it is the summary of all the Upanishads) so if you are expecting it to be like some novel with straightforward answers to your problems, it is definitely not how it is.