Posted: 3 years ago

Hello everyone. I am thinking of getting a rhinoplasty (nose job) and a lip reduction surgery done. Considering most people evaluate celebrity plastic surgeries all the time, I thought of checking for advice before going ahead.

There is nothing really wrong with my face per se, but whenever i upload my pics on insta I make my nose thinner and upper lip thinner through photoshop. (Yes, sorry I have been insecure about them forever).

Now finally I have the financial means to fix them. I have had an appointment with a surgeon recently and he told me it can be done whenever I want. The prices are in my range. Spending about a lakh rupees on my face might bring about a transformational change. I am thinking it would boost my confidence and self-worth, so instead of spending that money buying more clothes and shoes, I thought I'll spend it on my face.

Do you think it's a wise investment or have I gone completely nuts?

Also, I am lowkey scared that I might not like the end result and would regret this forever. I don't want to get corrective surgeries done and get stuck in that loop and end up like this.

Billionaire socialite Jocelyn Wildenstein biography, pictures,  transformation - Business Insider

I think I've been seeing a lot of middle eastern women getting their nose jobs recently. If you feel you need it, then I think you should go for it but do it with a reputed professional. Mostly it's people who keep going back for more surgeries, they end up with horrible faces. 1 surgery should not affect anything. 

I'm not against surgeries per say but really scared about surgery going bad. So though i would like to reduce my pakora nose, I'll stick with it. 

So the suggestion would be to do alot... Alot of research about the doctor you go with.. 

I think doctors can show you their ex patients results so ask for those photos.. I don't know if there are forums for this but maybe try reddit and ask around if anyone has experience with that particular doctor..

. Also check reddit for what should you expect, complications, what precautions you should take etc etc..

Originally posted by bips

I'm not against surgeries per say but really scared about surgery going bad. So though i would like to reduce my pakora nose, I'll stick with it. 

So the suggestion would be to do alot... Alot of research about the doctor you go with.. 

I think doctors can show you their ex patients results so ask for those photos.. I don't know if there are forums for this but maybe try reddit and ask around if anyone has experience with that particular doctor..

. Also check reddit for what should you expect, complications, what precautions you should take etc etc..

Root of so many woes. 🤣🤣🤣

Woah 1 lakh? That's less than $2000. Wish rhinoplasty was this cheap where I am from.

If it will make you feel better then go for it but do lots of research, look at reviews online, consult with different surgeons then select one. Personally speaking, if I had full lips I definitely would not reduce them and everyone wants them these these. Alas, we all want things we don't have.

Originally posted by Lord_Voldemort

Also, I am lowkey scared that I might not like the end result and would regret this forever. I don't want to get corrective surgeries done and get stuck in that loop and end up like this.

Billionaire socialite Jocelyn Wildenstein biography, pictures,  transformation - Business Insider

In fact you should seek that , nothing can match that jab no ? 

I can't speak for you but I feel no amount surgeries can help with self confidence in life. Also who knows how will the surgery end up being, given not all surgeons are the good skilled like the ones celebs opt for. They go for the best cause they have they resource for it but even then sometimes it goes wrong. So think about it if u r already have issues with ur confidence because of the way u look will u be able to handle it if the surgery doesn't go the way u want it to be? I m not trying scare you but one needs to research a lot before opting for such surgeries and go through all aspects of it. Remember surgeons are not always completely honest with you so don't just rely on them. Research on your own and see what sort of a deal u have there. 

I have a lot of acne scars on my face and I really wanna get rid of them cause I want a smoother skin. I still haven't been able to trust a good dermatologist to do that despite the fact I know few of them personally ðŸ˜† This was just to tell u where I m coming from  . ðŸ˜†

Absolutely. I think you should definitely go for this surgery if you finally have the financial means to fix your face. Otherwise who knows if you would have the money in future or not. Right now you have a golden chance. If you don't get it done now, you will keep regretting your whole life and your self esteem and insecurities will keep growing more and more with time and you might go into stress. You are totally right. It will boost your confidence and self-worth for sure. It will make you look beautiful. Go for it as soon as possible.