Sarabjit, Manav and Meher - all are doing the best they can

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

I am seriously not getting why Sarabjit is getting so much hate and for what? To all the people who are saying that Karan needs to be with Manav and Sarab should just hand over karan to him, I want to ask you had Manav returned after 5 - 6 years would you have said the same thing. For almost 6 years that man raised someone else as his own and would have given him all the love still would everyone say the same thing then why now? Sarab has done right since the start till now. He stood by Meher when she needed her. He whole heartedly accepted Karan loved him like his own child. He didnt need to do. He could have left Meher right then and there, what would meher have done. Could meher have protected Karan from Kulwant kaur. Even now Sarab is trying to find a middle ground and involving manav with karan. He dealt with Pathak in the same way that a father should. He protected his family then why is he wrong?

I am not against Manav I understand his pain and I would want nothing more than to be with my son but I dont understand his perception to keep Karan with him only. Karan is right now small and yes many single parent raise their kids alone but in those cases situations are like that only. The mother just cannot be a part of the kids life but here Meher is right there. There is no reason for karan to grow without mother's love. Why can't he just work out something  with Sarab and meher like joint custody. Manav should have talked to Aditi and taken things from there.

Meher did the best that she could. Yes some of her comments even I didnt like. For example calling her love with manav bachpana when some episodes later Sarab himself said it was true love. But that girl went through hell to keep her child alive. She tried to be just to everyone. It took her almost a year to move on from Manav and accept Sarab and one of the foundation of their relationship was that Sarab accepted Karan fully. Why is she wrong if he doesnt want to accept Manav if she doesn't want to part from her child for whom she fought with the whole world.

For now I feel the makers have done justice to each and every character. They are all humans and they are trying to do the best they can.

They are all right in their own way and deserve rights on Karan. But showmakers don't want to show that, they are determined to make someone the villain. Half the characters deserve to be in jail, but Manav isn't one of them. But sure, let's focus on a pointless tug of war. Audience too is just treating Karan like an object, "oh just give Karan to Manav, Sarab/Meher will have more kids" or "Manav/Vikram should just move on and have kids with Aditi". Yeah, because people can just replace their child like that! Ridiculous. In the real world, they just share custody. Millions of families do it just fine. 

Why would someone hate a character like Sarab??When meher disclosed the truth of Vikram being Manav that guy patiently listened  to her.Any other ITV husband would have definitely screamed up on her.This mutual trust and understanding is their greatest strength.

Meher shouldnt have tagged her relationship with Manav as childish.She could have handled it in a much better way.But she is also a mother and equally concerned about losing her child.So tagging Meher as selfish is not acceptable.

Edited by Olivelis - 3 years ago

Originally posted by ShinyMishka

They are all right in their own way and deserve rights on Karan. But showmakers don't want to show that, they are determined to make someone the villain. Half the characters deserve to be in jail, but Manav isn't one of them. But sure, let's focus on a pointless tug of war. Audience too is just treating Karan like an object, "oh just give Karan to Manav, Sarab/Meher will have more kids" or "Manav/Vikram should just move on and have kids with Aditi". Yeah, because people can just replace their child like that! Ridiculous. In the real world, they just share custody. Millions of families do it just fine. 

Exactly my point why not show something different as this show has always shown. Why does it has to be either me or her. Why does it has to be a  war between meher and Manav for Karan. They both can be a part of his life with their respective partners. Sarab is already taking steps and had Manav taken the same route and talked with aditi they could all be happy no but makers need to show drama. So now Aditi and Manav are suddenly bad and Meher and Sarab are out to face the world. I wanted to see exactly what you pointed out. 

Originally posted by Olivelis

Why would someone hate a character like Sarab??When meher disclosed the truth of Vikram being Manav that guy patiently listened  to her.Any other ITV husband would have definitely screamed up on her.This mutual trust and understanding is their greatest strength.

Trust me people are tagging him wrong for not wanting to just hand over Karan to Vikram as he is the biological father and that is where my question is directed to. Any other ITV husband or show would have started a separation track. The biggest moment was when Sarab said flat out that Meher and Manav love was not zabardasti but true love. Something which even Meher had called childish. Just for that one moment that man deserves slow claps.

Meher shouldnt have tagged her relationship with Manav as childish.She could have handled it in a more better way.But she is also a mother and equally concerned about losing her child.So tagging Meher as selfish is not acceptable.

Meher is not at all selfish in fact she has been doing the best she can. she has fought everyone in the world for that kid how can Manav aka Vikram just expect her to hand over Karan to him. She has every right to fight to keep her child with her.

She could keep her child with her but acknowledge legally that the child is Manavs. Her and Sarab could also offer legal joint custody but no. They selfishly want to keep the baby to themselves. What ever you believe in a legal sense Sarab has no claim to Karan. Sarab is not the child’s father. Manav has every right to fight for his son. I think what he is doing is commendable. It would have been much easier for him to just walk away (which is what Sarab and especially Selfish Meher want). They are immortal for what they are doing. 

Originally posted by ninag

She could keep her child with her but acknowledge legally that the child is Manavs. Her and Sarab could also offer legal joint custody but no. They selfishly want to keep the baby to themselves. What ever you believe in a legal sense Sarab has no claim to Karan. Sarab is not the child’s father. Manav has every right to fight for his son. I think what he is doing is commendable. It would have been much easier for him to just walk away (which is what Sarab and especially Selfish Meher want). They are immortal for what they are doing. 

Has Manav yet said anything to meher-sarab or done anything to imply that he would be more than happy with joint custody. No, in fact he took the wrong route when he asked Meher to hand over karan to him, when Manav kidnapped Karan with the help of Kulwant kaur. Had he talked with them straight and asked that we can both be parents to karan and then taken it from there would Meher and Sarab have said no? Aditi would have gladly accepted karan had Manav told him truth and tried to make his marriage work. Sarab himself invited Manav to Guru parab celebrations and included him in Karan's life.

Regarding Sarab not being  Karan's father and has no legal claim, I am pretty sure that Karan's birth certificate has the name Sarabjeet Singh Gill as the father. Sarab and Meher are legally married but Meher and Manav were never were. If Sarab doesn't have right on Karan then every man who has adopted his wife's child from first marriage and raising him as his own don't have any right on them. I don't know much about legal proceeding so just putting my layman view about this. From what I feel Sarab has every right legally and emotionally to fight for karan just as Manav does. Also if that is true then why is Manav doing so much for Vikram's mother. She has not right over Manav he should just ditch her and fight for what he wants.

Even I accept the Manav has full right to fight for his child and he is doing a commendable job. In fact I was happy with the way he tried to stop Aditi when she was insulting Meher and Sarab and opposing her. But his ways are somewhat wrong whether it was kidnapping or forcing Meher to hand over karan to him. He loves karan we all can see that but what he is doing is blurring the lines between right and wrong.  He atleast needs to acknowledge the fact that had Sarab not supported Meher at that time his kid might not be here right now.

The problem is the makers have deliberately not even shown Joint Custody as an option as they want to create more drama. They have not even shown meher trying to tell manav what all she went through to raise Karan and bring him in this world. The makers are using this track as a ping pong as it is gaining numbers nothing more.