Do you think FRIENDS was over rated ? - Page 3

Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by Ashley.Tisdale

Absolutely not. I have watched my fair share of sitcoms and it is the best one. 

You dont need to watch the show from Season 1 to enjoy it, the jokes are still very fresh and the actors were great in those roles.

Even the storylines I can understand were probably scandalous in the 90s, the lesbian wedding, Monica dating an older man, Phoebe being the surrogate for her brother, but they are still relevant...in fact much more mainstream now. 

My other two favourites were The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men till Charlie Sheen was in the show. 

monica dating an older man was disgusting, he literally watched her growing up when she was a kid 🤢

Agree.. Its not that funny and probably would have flopped if it was released in 2020

Originally posted by cts22

It was also not a preachy show, just 6 friends hanging around and navigating through life, career and personal lives.

This was the best part that I liked about the show. 👍🏼

Absolutely not. I have watched my fair share of sitcoms and it is the best one. 

You dont need to watch the show from Season 1 to enjoy it, the jokes are still very fresh and the actors were great in those roles.

Even the storylines I can understand were probably scandalous in the 90s, the lesbian wedding, Monica dating an older man, Phoebe being the surrogate for her brother, but they are still relevant...in fact much more mainstream now. 

My other two favourites were The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men till Charlie Sheen was in the show. 

This.. The storylines were not only unique but the essence stayed with us, that is why I said, this show is timeless, and how beautiful was the show when they displayed motherhood in three different ways, I absolutely love each and every character of the show for different reasons. And, if anyone tells me that even after watching the show, you cannot even relate to at least one of the six friends, then you did not even deserve to watch the show at first.

Originally posted by cts22

Friends is like comfort food, the most rewatchable of all sitcoms.

Yes some of the content has not aged well and the whole OTP of Ross and Rachel feels way overrated and stupid now 

Friends is universally liked because it does not get boring even after multiple watches.

It was also not a preachy show, just 6 friends hanging around and navigating through life, career and personal lives.

Roschel are NOT overrated, I believe that they do not deserve the adulation because they were never a perfect couple to begin with. However, Mondler is LOVE, they should be the real OTP. However, because of how their characters were, Ross and Rachel deserved each other, they were most problematic characters and they ended up with each other. LOL

Originally posted by DexterRocks

This.. The storylines were not only unique but the essence stayed with us, that is why I said, this show is timeless, and how beautiful was the show when they displayed motherhood in three different ways, I absolutely love each and every character of the show for different reasons. And, if anyone tells me that even after watching the show, you cannot even relate to at least one of the six friends, then you did not even deserve to watch the show at first.

The best part was that you could at some levels relate to all the characters. Their problems were what any average person would go through...like Monica's losing her job and going beserk, Rachel finally breaking free from her family's rules and becoming independent, Chandler falling for his friend's girl, Joey letting go of Rachel, Phoebe finding out the truth about her estranged family and her relation with her crazy sister, Mondler finding out they couldn't have babies...its all so real and relatable. And not just the problems, but their quirks and characteristics too. 

Idk about others but I love this show more than anything. Its my go to, irrespective of my mood. 

Idk about others but I love this show more than anything. Its my go to, irrespective of my mood. 

Don’t get me wrong some moments are really LOL. Brad Pitt episode. Him coughing typical 😆😆

I meant to ask overall do people still enjoy it ? 

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

Don’t get me wrong some moments are really LOL. Brad Pitt episode. Him coughing typical 😆😆

I meant to ask overall do people still enjoy it ? 

@bold: YAMS!!!! 🤣

Yes they do enjoy it. I saw the show for the first time in 2016 and LOLed all the way. Similarly everyone I introduced the show to loved it.

@bold: YAMS!!!! 🤣

Yes they do enjoy it. I saw the show for the first time in 2016 and LOLed all the way. Similarly everyone I introduced the show to loved it.

You only started watching in 2016 ?? I was first run fan. Had a finale watch party infact

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

You only started watching in 2016 ?? I was first run fan. Had a finale watch party infact

Dude i am in my 20s, I wasn't even born when the show first aired 😆

I was in primary school when the finale aired 🤣