Do you think FRIENDS was over rated ? - Page 2

Posted: 3 years ago

No...have watched it more than 10 times...can watch it 10 more times...

Absolutely not. I have watched my fair share of sitcoms and it is the best one. 

You dont need to watch the show from Season 1 to enjoy it, the jokes are still very fresh and the actors were great in those roles.

Even the storylines I can understand were probably scandalous in the 90s, the lesbian wedding, Monica dating an older man, Phoebe being the surrogate for her brother, but they are still relevant...in fact much more mainstream now. 

My other two favourites were The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men till Charlie Sheen was in the show. 

Friends is a mood lifter for me. I always watch 2-3 episodes of it during my long flight to India, even though I have the DVD set season 1 to 10 and have watched the full series many times. Same with Seinfeld, never a boring moment and I can relate to it having lived in NYC Metro area :)

These 2 my favorites followed by 60-minutes!

Friends is pure gold. I’ll fight anyway who says otherwise lol. #1 favourite sitcom. It’s aged well too and had a brilliant star cast. I mean there were 6 main characters and somehow they did justice to each and every one. So many epic scenes. The one show I’ll never get tired of watching. 

It’s a trend to mark anything you don’t like as overrated these days.

What are you saying?

Friends has aged so well! The jokes are as funny as ever and that amazing, tongue-in-cheek humour is pure gold.

The best part about the show is that the humour is rooted in the situations AS WELL as the characters' mannerisms. It's not forced humour, it's not tacky, it's not slapstick.

That brand of humour is timeless, because it transcends generations and actually organic and evergreen.

Watch it again, is all I'll say -- the show deserves every bit of acclaim it has garnered and more.

It's not overrated , it's just outliving it's longevity and relatability, 10-15 years more ,it will be forgotten only to be remembered by 90s Boomer generation.

With younger generation having no idea what it is.

The show has great rewatchability factor(more than any other sitcom I have watched). Also I don't understand people calling the show problematic. The show tells the story of six friends,its not preaching anything. It's up to you to like or dislike a character. 

what I like about friends is that the dialouges dont seem forced .It doesnt llok like characters r purposefully making one jokes after another like most sitcoms. Its believable conversations which are hillarious on its own. 

Edited by Charaiveti - 3 years ago

Friends is like comfort food, the most rewatchable of all sitcoms.

Yes some of the content has not aged well and the whole OTP of Ross and Rachel feels way overrated and stupid now 

Friends is universally liked because it does not get boring even after multiple watches.

It was also not a preachy show, just 6 friends hanging around and navigating through life, career and personal lives.