Whats the promotional strategy for Coolie No 1 ?

Posted: 3 years ago

they were supposed to come in kapil show ðŸ˜²

Originally posted by Ashley.Tisdale

Was scrolling on Twitter and came across these promotional posts for Coolie No 1...Varun and Sara have been papped at multiple places (put below) but the trailer is not out yet? Less than a month left and only photos, no trailer or songs. 

Less than a month?smiley5 The movie's releasing on December 25, no? 

Originally posted by lunalovegood5

Less than a month?smiley5 The movie's releasing on December 25, no? 

Promo wise. I know its still like a week to ten days for 25th November ðŸ˜†

Generally songs release a month prior and trailer around 6 weeks before the film release.

They are promoting everywhere but there's no trailer till now.

Edited by Ashley.Tisdale - 3 years ago

Same question running thru my mind where is the trailer ?😕

IMO promotion for OTT releases should start a week before release. 7 din pehle trialer, 3 din baad gaane, release ke ek din pehle TV shows, release ke baad interviews

Originally posted by GumGum

IMO promotion for OTT releases should start a week before release. 7 din pehle trialer, 3 din baad gaane, release ke ek din pehle TV shows, release ke baad interviews

Yeah but this is comparatively a bigger film...the others barring Laxxmi were smaller budget films. Unka ek hafta promotions chalta hai. Pooja Entertainment must've already invested in the film marketing. According to them its a sure shot hit formula since:

• David Dhawan's 45th film
  • Vashu Bhagnani and David Dhawan collab on the remake of their first ever film together
  • C.N1 (1995) was Pooja Entertainment's first film
  • David-Varun Dhawan combo
  • "Masala Hero" Varun and "Everyone's Darling" Sara are in the film
  • They got the best comedians of the country in the movie
  • Two biggest blockbuster songs from the OG to be remade
  • OG film was a hit so readymade script 

I am not supporting the film or something, mainly because I dont see any support from any of the OG film's crew i.e Govinda, Anand-Milind, Sameer; plus I have my own reasons...only Karishma has shown support so far...

But the lack of any promo material other than few photos is bizarre. 

It does not even need to be promoted .Its releasing online which is flop proof!

Originally posted by Elvis12

It does not even need to be promoted .Its releasing online which is flop proof!

They're releasing it online coz of the pandemic. The film was supposed to release in theatres. Inn logon ne itna pehle se promo kar diya (first look, poster etc) ki ab agar wait kiya toh hype gone and movie in theatre will flop. 

Even Ahan Shetty's debut film is pending but they can afford to wait since the producers didn't create any hype over it. All hyped products will have to be released asap otherwose the audience moves on.

Originally posted by Ashley.Tisdale

They're releasing it online coz of the pandemic. The film was supposed to release in theatres. Inn logon ne itna pehle se promo kar diya (first look, poster etc) ki ab agar wait kiya toh hype gone and movie in theatre will flop. 

Even Ahan Shetty's debut film is pending but they can afford to wait since the producers didn't create any hype over it. All hyped products will have to be released asap otherwose the audience moves on.

Yes the film is releasing online which is why they are taking it easy .Had it been releasing in theatres they would have to promote it heavily .So even if the first trailer comes out 7 days before the release it wont matter .there is no hit/flop verdict for movies releasing online...