mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Quoting a member here:

"Honestly we need to reconsider this whole number 1 barometer for actresses. If it's strictly popularity then it has very little to do with talent or hard work. Just appear in some 4-5 trash big films, do absolutely nothing and boom you are called No1. Which the likes Katrina/kareena/etc are the biggest examples of, how are glorified cameos/supp roles a testament of your popularity, when their solos films flop left right and center."

Do you agree with this? What entails No. 1 for actresses?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TMKOC_MY thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: mintyblue

Quoting a member here:

"Honestly we need to reconsider this whole number 1 barometer for actresses. If it's strictly popularity then it has very little to do with talent or hard work. Just appear in some 4-5 trash big films, do absolutely nothing and boom you are called No1. Which the likes Katrina/kareena/etc are the biggest examples of, how are glorified cameos/supp roles a testament of your popularity, when their solos films flop left right and center."

Do you agree with this? What entails No. 1 for actresses?

Just like every son is best for his mother, every actress is number 1 for her fan. It's so relative.

Also I don't think anyone can change the way they feel for an actress after reading some negative posts of IF. For you and me DP is number 1 for others it might be Alia, Kareena, Katrina. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

That person has their point of view

Others will have their own. 

framesandechoes thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

It should definitely be defined by their skills but then it is entertainment industry and talent is one part of the picture 

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Bollywood is a male dominated industry. Audience watches movies mostly for the male actors. The actresses appearing in big movies of Superstars get more visiblity which results in getting more fans.

Still their solo films don't open or collect huge because female centric movies or movies on the shoulders of actresses are not watched by masses.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

How much the actor is sought for? The net worth? (Net worth is very vague but as an actor is an indicator of how much he or she is being paid) Someone who can demand highest $ just for a small scene?

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: Harley_Quinn

Bollywood is a male dominated industry. Audience watches movies mostly for the male actors. The actresses appearing in big movies of Superstars get more visiblity which results in getting more fans.

Still their solo films don't open or collect huge because female centric movies or movies on the shoulders of actresses are not watched by masses.

Thats true, these actors are super stars.. crowd pullers. 

I think actresses like Madhubala & Vijanthimala are the only ones that enjoyed that kind of superstardom.

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Thats true, these actors are super stars.. crowd pullers. 

I think actresses like Madhubala & Vijanthimala are the only ones that enjoyed that kind of superstardom.

Last actress to enjoy superstadom was Madhuri and to some extent, Kajol.