J.K. Rowling - Transphobic or Not?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by Moonlighting

Do you agree with the aggressive backlash J.K. Rowling is facing on social media? 

#RIPJKRowling has been trending on twitter in response to her new book that's apparently on a serial killer who's a man and kills people dressed up as a woman. 

Does the book itself entail transphobia and does it warrant the kind of group-shaming she's facing online?

(I didn't grow up reading Harry Potter books or watching the movies like most of the millenials but I did catch the bug later on. When I was hooked, I spent a mini holiday reading the books and indulging in HP movie marathons. I'm a fan and I'll still watch it whenever it plays on TV and probably know all of it by heart now. A lot of people look up to Rowling and it's been image shattering in a way, so I feel for the entire community she has managed to antagonize. At the same time, this social media culture of group shaming is also rather extreme at times and the punishment doesn't really fit the crime in my opinion.)

So do YOU think she is transphobic or not?

Originally posted by BettyA1

So do YOU think she is transphobic or not?

It’s a controversial opinion but not necessarily transphobic. But she should have read the room better as a preventative measure from a business standpoint. 
The snowflake generation that’s made cancel culture a fashion are now not only burning her books but even wishing death on her everyday.

Originally posted by Mo0nLighting

It’s a controversial opinion but not necessarily transphobic. But she should have read the room better as a preventative measure from a business standpoint. 
The snowflake generation that’s made cancel culture a fashion are now not only burning her books but even wishing death on her everyday.

She is a leftists, far-left I think

Yet she stood up for what’s right against the mob and that takes courage (Although she can afford to, not many people can)

“It takes courage to stand up to your enemies but even bigger courage to stand up to your friends”

She seems to be a true liberal

EDIT: So Moonlighting and Mo0nlighting are the same person?

Edited by BettyA1 - 3 years ago

Originally posted by BettyA1

She is a leftists, far-left I think

Yet she stood up for what’s right against the mob and that takes courage (Although she can afford to, not many people can)

“It takes courage to stand up to your enemies but even bigger courage to stand up to your friends”

She seems to be a true liberal

EDIT: So Moonlighting and Mo0nlighting are the same person?

Yup, I’m Moonlighting now Mo0nLighting. 

This section is so 💀 ... thanks for your response.

“#RIPJKRowling has been trending on twitter in response to her new book that's apparently on a serial killer who's a man and kills people dressed up as a woman. “

Haven’t read the book yet but a according to reviews that’s not the case... It’s not transphobic and the killer is not a transgender