Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by niyati13

Which of DP's flings was a date? She even went on shopping dates with Yuvi's mom making the lady hopeful of having her as bahu πŸ˜³ old gossip

DP has cheated too....but her relationships are being passed off as flings or dates?...WOW...and Ranbir's 3 year relationships are casual?? people just twist according to their agenda..πŸ˜†

Originally posted by ponymo

Ranbir is called that for his casual sexual affairs, cheating and general promiscuous nature. Not because of multiple relationships. The other aspect about Deepika, I address it in a reply to tapori.

Doesn't matter if the poster is a girl. What does that have anything to do with this? Many women internalize patriarchy and toxic attitudes of the society. So just because a girl is saying it doesn't make it right.

I don't think Ranbir's reputation as a ladies man is doing him as much harm as its doing him good. Nobody slΕ―t shames Ranbir the way women are slΕ―t shamed. I remember Ash was slΕ―t shamed back in the day for having 3-3 relationships. My god, THREE MEN!!! I heard it throughout school and didn't know what was so wrong about dating different men. But nobody spoke of Salman the same way. He was the casanova, a heartthrob, etc. His toxic behaviour and violent streak were also romanticized as intense love.

I remember Deepika too was spoken in such a demeaning way for just flirting with Dhoni, going on a date with Yuvraj, seeing Siddharth and Ranbir. If you google, you'll find enough material from back in the day.

So no, I do not agree with it at all. The general observation holds true for Ranbir and Deepika as well.

First of all I am glad someone else also heard it was just a date or two with both Dhoni and Yuvraj. And yes she too received plenty of demeaning from media among fans as well. Let me see if I can find an example and ask if Ranbir ever faced something like this? I feel the double standard was still on Deepika because she was demeaned more. But two wrongs have never made a right so I won't defend her if she cheated. Here was a PR event where she was asked, "Why do you keep changing your boyfriends?" Again have Salman and Ranbir ever been asked that in public? I remember Rakhi Sawant asked her it too. But she handled it better that time and said two fingers are always pointed on me at every instance? But no one asks about how the guy treated me during the relationship? Again was that the perfect answer, no! But better than walking out of an event. Its why I found it believable she really could have fallen in depression being in the public eye. I know plenty of men and women who have dated more people than Deepika and never been questioned for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnVue6lgsvg

Originally posted by Trisolaris

I guess the fcukboi image for Ranbir stems from the fact that he seems to want long but casual relationships, and seems afraid of commitment. On the other hand, Deepika seemed really into her relationship with Ranbir, then dated Ranveer for quite a while and is now happily married- this clearly shows that she has wanted to be in a committed relationship for quite some time. 

She wants commitment and he doesnt. But they should be free to sleep here and there πŸ˜†

Originally posted by blue-ice.1

DP has cheated too....but her relationships are being passed off as flings or dates?...WOW...and Ranbir's 3 year relationships are casual?? people just twist according to their agenda..πŸ˜†

Again I personally am not going to defend her if she cheated. But has someone solidly come out and accused her of cheating? The way she asked Katrina for her passport to prove she was on vacation with Ranbir during the time where Deepika and Ranbir were supposedly suppose to be together. If there was something solid like that I am sure she would be known as a cheater too.

Originally posted by tapori

I think of myself as a feminist and don't behave like that, but other than that fully agree. πŸ˜Š

Also, this is an observation I've made and could be wrong. But there are faaar too many girls who hate and loathe RK a lot, like, from the bottom of their hearts. There are other, bigger, stars who've done worse while still being married; so where does this singled out RK hatred emanate from? He's really become a mandir ki ghanti, anybody comes and bajaos. A desi punch bag, who has somehow come to stand for everything wrong with Indian males? πŸ˜†

Ditto same! Feminist here and I can understand where the OP is coming from!

It's understandable how society used to and even now view girls with multiple relationships than boys who are lauded on the very fact. I would condemn if girls are shamed for it but I wouldn't be mocking boys for having the same freedom we want girls to have! 

"Mocking and bashing RK while kuch na kaho DP ko" is the issue here not the fact how society views the respective gender because that's an on-going battle. If RK is promiscuous so is DP, so are many other actors from the same faculty - I mean let alone them even us normal folks have gone through multiple relationships in our lifetimes before settling down! 

People are different, their priorities are different and so is their lifestyle. I don't see anything wrong with calling anyone promiscuous if that's how they want to lead their lives. So if I am calling DP promiscuous, I am not slut shaming her. Issue becomes when commenting anything on guys is deemed alright while girls ko kuch mat kaho - How about "kisi ko kuch na kaho"?! - let people live how they want to! 

If it's fine for girls to dump someone for a better partner, so should be the case for boys too!

It's also fine for people to be commit-phobic as are those who are commitment freak!

It's alright to get married as it is not to get married!

It's fine if you want to take life casually and so it is if otherwise!

"No need to compare everyone with same standards" - should be the motto for world peace! πŸ˜†

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

She wants commitment and he doesnt. But they should be free to sleep here and there πŸ˜†

Again have we heard about Deepika sleeping here and there after her marriage? Again I am not a Deepika fan. I have always found her overrated as an actress. I have called her acting mechanical. Even put her articulation skills down in bad interviews. But I do believe in the western viewpoint of there being a difference between cheating and what is consdsidered in the east has having too many flings and in the west would just be called dating. And I believe she too received plenty of scrutiny for having too many flings by the eastern media. Some might say more than Ranbir did for cheating. Maybe I am a bit agressive with making my point here. I don't seem to be doing Deepika any favors. But its more about that distinction. Which I honestly think the poster girl confused.

Originally posted by tapori

I think of myself as a feminist and don't behave like that, but other than that fully agree. πŸ˜Š

Also, this is an observation I've made and could be wrong. But there are faaar too many girls who hate and loathe RK a lot, like, from the bottom of their hearts. There are other, bigger, stars who've done worse while still being married; so where does this singled out RK hatred emanate from? He's really become a mandir ki ghanti, anybody comes and bajaos. A desi punch bag, who has somehow come to stand for everything wrong with Indian males? πŸ˜†

If u see my post....I am talking about the feminists who accused Ranbir of cheating but clapped at Deepika endorsing cheating in the guise of women empowerment......if u r not one of them...then u r not THAT kind of feminist I am talking about...πŸ˜†...not all feminists have been made equal by God.πŸ˜†...some have their own agenda to push but then they get benakab time to time...πŸ˜‰

Cheating to cheating hota hai na.....if Ranbir is a douchebag for cheating...what would u call someone..who openly and very proudly endorsed cheating? sochoπŸ˜‰

Originally posted by blue-ice.1

If u see my post....I am talking about the feminists who accused Ranbir of cheating but clapped at Deepika endorsing cheating in the guise of women empowerment......if u r not one of them...then u r not THAT kind of feminist I am talking about...πŸ˜†...not all feminists have been made equal by God.πŸ˜†...some have their own agenda to push but then they get benakab time to time...πŸ˜‰

Cheating to cheating hota hai na.....if Ranbir is a douchebag for cheating...what would u call someone..who openly and very proudly endorsed cheating? sochoπŸ˜‰

I criticized and made plenty fun of that video when it came out. I still do. In fact I was in a CC sharing plenty of duplicate videos mocking it. But the fact of the matter is she didn't write or direct that video. She was a part of it as an actress. Did she get to see the written lines before she signed the video was a different story.

Originally posted by grumpydwarf

Again have we heard about Deepika sleeping here and there after her marriage? Again I am not a Deepika fan. I have always found her overrated as an actress. I have called her acting mechanical. Even put her articulation skills down in bad interviews. But I do believe in the western viewpoint of there being a difference between cheating and what is consdsidered in the east has having too many flings and in the west would just be called dating. And I believe she too received plenty of scrutiny for having too many flings by the eastern media. Some might say more than Ranbir did for cheating. Maybe I am a bit agressive with making my point here. I don't seem to be doing Deepika any favors. But its more about that distinction. Which I honestly think the poster girl confused.

Whether they receive scrutiny or are left alone I dont think men have it worse than women. If Ranbir gets more criticism it might also stem from his personality πŸ˜†πŸ˜† That people dont like

Originally posted by grumpydwarf

I criticized and made plenty fun of that video when it came out. I still do. In fact I was in a CC sharing plenty of duplicate videos mocking it. But the fact of the matter is she didn't write or direct that video. She was a part of it as an actress. Did she get to see the written lines before she signed the video was a different story.

Are u serious.....First of all it was supposed to be an empowering video for women.....and DP did it for a reason...so that the message could go across.....and u are saying that she had no control over what message she was going to pass to her fans especially the young ones?? Had the video been good she would have taken all the credit for it.

and there was nothing to make fun off...that video should have been seriously criticized...it wasn't funny.