Which genre you want to see in itv?

Poll Question :

Which genre you would love to watch in future?

Poll Choice
Saas bahu + family drama
Romance
Comedy
Thriller
Youth+college drama
Mythology+historical
Romantic thriller
Super natural+fantasy+scifi+adventure
Medical drama
Crime
Login To Vote
Posted: 3 years ago

I would like to watch Romantic comedy, Medical drama, Youth college drama, Thriller. Family drama is also good but not saas bahu type. Family drama means real family drama like the story of a rich family facing problems in their business (Like Succession, Empire, Dynasty etc).

In fantasy genre i prefer college fantasy stories and would like to see a werewolf story or a vampire story with a thrill suspense dramatic background and on college backdrop. Because it have to be cool it will have to attract audience and we are very much bored of watching Naagin, Dayaan, Chudail and their never ending stupid family drama. Something like Pyaar ki ye ek kahaani that ran on StarOne. Although i never watched that show but i know it was very much loved.

I don't know what to choose🤣

There are so many options😛 I personally prefer sitcoms and romcoms... And I find it more gripping while READING thriller books 😎😎😎 

Saas bahu is a BIG NO!!😷😷😷

So ultimately I go for....... Romantic Thriller

But I like quite a few others as well though👍🏼

@YHCstan! Kaha hai aap📢📢📢📣📣📣📣📣

Aapka intezaar hai Hume😙😙😙

Kripya jaldi aaye aur toofan macha dijiye iss thread pe🌪️🌪️🌪️🌪️🌪️🌪️

Tab tak hum lautenge ek ghante ke break ke Baad🙈🙈

My kinda show is missing. I don’t know what genre you’d call it. I am more into ‘romance-dramas with kids’. Not much into pure romance types shows. Saas bahu and medical drama don’t have that appeal for me. Thrillers and crime shows are another favourite. But not like Saavdhaan India types. More like Mentalist/White Collar type shows. Fantasy is not really my cup of tea. 

‘Romance-drama with kids’ should be have a name already! I have been watching many such shows: Yeh Hai Chahatein, Yeh Hai Mohabbatein, Punar Vivah Zindagi Milegi Dobara, Punar Vivah Ekk Nayii Ummeed, Khelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi, Kehne Ko Humsafars Hai, Hum Tum and Them, Cold Lassi Aur Chicken Masala etc...

I really like such unconventional love stories where a kid brings two people together and then they find love. 

Aur Pyar Ho Gaya and Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum are the only pure romance shows I have watched. That both shows became full on saas-bahu family drama types shows later on is a different thing. 

Originally posted by YHCstan

My kinda show is missing. I don’t know what genre you’d call it. I am more into ‘romance-dramas with kids’. Not much into pure romance types shows. Saas bahu and medical drama don’t have that appeal for me. Thrillers and crime shows are another favourite. But not like Saavdhaan India types. More like Mentalist/White Collar type shows. Fantasy is not really my cup of tea. 

‘Romance-drama with kids’ should be have a name already! I have been watching many such shows: Yeh Hai Chahatein, Yeh Hai Mohabbatein, Punar Vivah Zindagi Milegi Dobara, Punar Vivah Ekk Nayii Ummeed, Khelti Hai Zindagi Aankh Micholi, Kehne Ko Humsafars Hai, Hum Tum and Them, Cold Lassi Aur Chicken Masala etc...

I really like such unconventional love stories where a kid brings two people together and then they find love. 

Romance drama with kids...🤔🤔 I haven't watched any of this sorts...

Also I haven't watched the shows you've mentioned so I don't know what kind of involvement of kids you mean...

Just stating my opinion. A child's involvement in such things which are not of his/her business seems kinda cringeworthy and very out of place for a kid to this (playing cupid)... 

Like there was this scene in which Rohit and Sona hugged because Preeti had asked to do so (before divorce drama)... She being a 5+ year old kid asking them if they fought, asking them to say sorry and telling them to hug and say I love you (lol)!! The scene was cute no doubt but I did kinda cringe watching it (or maybe it's only me 😆)...

Again, I haven't watched those shows you mentioned so I don't know what kind of involvement😆

P.S.:

It was solely an opinion... Not trying to ridicule yours😊 And I love your choice in crime😎😎😎

Originally posted by Sakpika

Romance drama with kids...🤔🤔 I haven't watched any of this sorts...

Also I haven't watched the shows you've mentioned so I don't know what kind of involvement of kids you mean...

Just stating my opinion. A child's involvement in such things which are not of his/her business seems kinda cringeworthy and very out of place for a kid to this (playing cupid)... 

Like there was this scene in which Rohit and Sona hugged because Preeti had asked to do so (before divorce drama)... She being a 5+ year old kid asking them if they fought, asking them to say sorry and telling them to hug and say I love you (lol)!! The scene was cute no doubt but I did kinda cringe watching it (or maybe it's only me 😆)...

Again, I haven't watched those shows you mentioned so I don't know what kind of involvement😆

P.S.:

It was solely an opinion... Not trying to ridicule yours😊 And I love your choice in crime😎😎😎

That scene from KHKT was silly. No one will kiss for some random kid. In the shows I am talking about, the kid is always either the ML’s or FL’s or the leads are parents of the kid but later got separated. And no, they don’t kiss or make babies just because the kid asks them to. 😆

The kid is only an instrument to force them to stay together. Like in YHC, the leads are married because of their nephew. In YHM, leads got married to provide ML’s daughter a stable family. So the kid is only to get the leads together. Baaki the sparks fly automatically! YHM was an amazing show of this kind. You should watch it sometime. The show initially focused on the beautiful relationship between Ishita and Ruhi and later on Ishita and Raman. The phase before they fall in love was so beautiful.

Word of caution: YHM is a mature love story and so if you are into teen romance kinda shows where leads jump in pool and play paint cans, then watch it after you become a little more mature. (No offence) (Actually even KHKT was a mature story because leads were in early 30s)

Originally posted by YHCstan

That scene from KHKT was silly. No one will kiss for some random kid. In the shows I am talking about, the kid is always either the ML’s or FL’s or the leads are parents of the kid but later got separated. And no, they don’t kiss or make babies just because the kid asks them to. 😆

The kid is only an instrument to force them to stay together. Like in YHC, the leads are married because of their nephew. In YHM, leads got married to provide ML’s daughter a stable family. So the kid is only to get the leads together. Baaki the sparks fly automatically! YHM was an amazing show of this kind. You should watch it sometime. The show initially focused on the beautiful relationship between Ishita and Ruhi and later on Ishita and Raman. The phase before they fall in love was so beautiful.

Word of caution: YHM is a mature love story and so if you are into teen romance kinda shows where leads jump in pool and play paint cans, then watch it after you become a little more mature. (No offence) (Actually even KHKT was a mature story because leads were in early 30s)

Geez! I was on a totally different tangent in the kids drama🙈🙈🙈

So the kid is unknowingly bringing the leads together😎😎

The concept is nice but this theme has been used repeatedly in ITV as I see a number of shows you listed in your previous post🤓 So unless this theme is used in a unique and refreshing manner, it is just repetitive😕 And that's why many (including me) on the forum were afraid that if Pari gets pregnant then maybe RoNakshi will have to nurture that kid and it will be a repeat of the same nonsense of ITV😳

So this is yet another topic which ITV shows repeatedly opt for🤔🤔 and this is what makes ITV boring and regressive!! There is no uniqueness!!

(I haven't watched the shows so again, my theory lol)

On the suggestion to watch YHM, I don't think I will watch another ITV show unless it is KHKT S2 or a good show of Dipika 😎 😜

The caution part: I think you thought of this because my mom monitors what I watch😆 but I am not a kid, it is just her over protectiveness😛😆 The example of teen age love you gave us too funny🤣 Which show are you talking about🤣

I don't enjoy teenage love unless it is a sitcom (better be a good one lol)! Mature love stories sit well with me 😎😎

Originally posted by Sakpika

Geez! I was on a totally different tangent in the kids drama🙈🙈🙈

So the kid is unknowingly bringing the leads together😎😎

The concept is nice but this theme has been used repeatedly in ITV as I see a number of shows you listed in your previous post🤓 So unless this theme is used in a unique and refreshing manner, it is just repetitive😕 And that's why many (including me) on the forum were afraid that if Pari gets pregnant then maybe RoNakshi will have to nurture that kid and it will be a repeat of the same nonsense of ITV😳

So this is yet another topic which ITV shows repeatedly opt for🤔🤔 and this is what makes ITV boring and regressive!! There is no uniqueness!!

(I haven't watched the shows so again, my theory lol)

On the suggestion to watch YHM, I don't think I will watch another ITV show unless it is KHKT S2 or a good show of Dipika 😎 😜

The caution part: I think you thought of this because my mom monitors what I watch😆 but I am not a kid, it is just her over protectiveness😛😆 The example of teen age love you gave us too funny🤣 Which show are you talking about🤣

I don't enjoy teenage love unless it is a sitcom (better be a good one lol)! Mature love stories sit well with me 😎😎

You are randomly throwing words like ‘regressive’ without meaning it. I don’t see what is so regressive in a child bringing two people together who later fall in love. It’s a nice theme and with a proper execution and screenplay, it’s so much fun to watch. I agree that the theme has been used in a lot of shows, but hey! It’s fun to watch so I am not complaining! Haha 

About uniqueness, it’s not like all shows are copies of each other. For example, in YHM, FL was no way related to the child. In YHC, FL is the kid’s aunt. In Kehne Ko Humsafar Hai (the kids don’t exactly brings the parents together in this show), the kids are the ML’s and one parallel FL’s. In Cold Lassi, the kid’s parents are the leads. 

So ‘kid’ is the only common denominator. The kid can have different biological relationships with the leads, can have different genders, the past relationship between leads can be different etc... So there is enough uniqueness in these shows. I am sure there is no other show like the original Yeh Hai Mohabbatein and there never will be. It’s such an amazing show and I am really surprised that Sandiip is also capable of writing such good content. But then, he writes more of crime drama lol. 😆