Anyone watching Sex Education on Netflix?

Posted: 3 years ago

Just finished bingeing this show. Amazing LGBTQ and POC representation and realistic depiction of teen issues. Also, Eric Effiong is GOALS! Would love to chat more about this show— hit me up.

I absolutely love this show. They’ve dealt with countless issues. It’s so well balanced with the main plot of the show.

Do you ship Otis and Maeve?

Eric Effiong is my favourite too. There were so many layers to his character and I loved watching each layer unfold. From being the scared boy to wholly embracing his identity. His spirit is so inspiring.

Edited by tallbrowngirl - 3 years ago

Originally posted by tallbrowngirl

Do you ship Otis and Maeve?

Eric Effiong is my favourite too. There were so many layers to his character and I loved watching each layer unfold. From being the scared boy to wholly embracing his identity. His spirit is so inspiring.

It is! I love how scared he is yet he’s never willing to let go of who he is at his very core! The comic bits with him are funny too. I was heartbroken for him when Otis let him down on his birthday! I admit I did not think Adam was right for him given their past, but Adam keeps surprising me!

About Otis and Maeve, I didn’t really ship them initially and I like both Ola and Jackson. However, after that douche move by Issac I want them together. How about you? What are your favorite ships/ relationships?

Originally posted by LizzieBennett

It is! I love how scared he is yet he’s never willing to let go of who he is at his very core! The comic bits with him are funny too. I was heartbroken for him when Otis let him down on his birthday! I admit I did not think Adam was right for him given their past, but Adam keeps surprising me!

About Otis and Maeve, I didn’t really ship them initially and I like both Ola and Jackson. However, after that douche move by Issac I want them together. How about you? What are your favorite ships/ relationships?

Neither did I. Rahim was so respectful. 

But yeah, Adam has redeemed himself. Waiting to see how their story moves forward.

I felt the same. Ola and Jackson were really good partners. It was sad to see them all break up just to pave the way for Otis and Maeve. 

I absolutely adore Aimee and Steve.❤️

Originally posted by tallbrowngirl

Neither did I. Rahim was so respectful.

I absolutely adore Aimee and Steve.❤️

Rahim seemed like the perfect boyfriend. But the heart wants what it wants ❤️. I think Eric will be good for Adam, he needs some self-affirmation now. And Adam seems willing to go the extra mile for Eric so am curious to see how this relationship turns out. 

Ola and Lily are cute too❤️.
And I adore the storyline with Jackson and Viv. I’m so glad they brought in someone like Viv and showed her to be a strong, no-nonsense young girl with a mind of her own. You go, Viv! 

I love Aimee ❤️. She’s such a good friend to Maeve. And Steve is so understanding and supportive of her❤️. Also, that episode with the 6 girls bonding over nonconsensual p**ises is one of the best and most relatable I have ever seen on TV.

With Issac: all that positivity and good humour was a little hard to take, so it seems realistic he would have a dark side.

My problem with Otis and Maeve is that I don’t really buy why Maeve is interested in him. She doesn’t seem to get him or even want to. I get the feeling she likes him only because he does get her like no one else has.  Otis and Eric’s friendship otoh is goals! ❤️❤️

Edited by LizzieBennett - 3 years ago

Originally posted by LizzieBennett

Rahim seemed like the perfect boyfriend. But the heart wants what it wants ❤️. I think Eric will be good for Adam, he needs some self-affirmation now. And Adam seems willing to go the extra mile for Eric so am curious to see how this relationship turns out. 

Yeah. I think he was too good to be true.

Ola and Lily are cute too❤️.
And I adore the storyline with Jackson and Viv. I’m so glad they brought in someone like Viv and showed her to be a strong, no-nonsense young girl with a mind of her own. You go, Viv! 

I love Lily.😂 
Oh, me too.😍 It’s rare to see characters like Viv. Especially in high school dramas.

I love Aimee ❤️. She’s such a good friend to Maeve. And Steve is so understanding and supportive of her❤️. Also, that episode with the 6 girls bonding over nonconsensual p**ises is one of the best and most relatable I have ever seen on TV.

I adore her innocence. Steve is boyfriend goals.❤️ That’s my most favourite episode. It’s so powerful.

With Issac: all that positivity and good humour was a little hard to take, so it seems realistic he would have a dark side.

My problem with Otis and Maeve is that I don’t really buy why Maeve is interested in him. She doesn’t seem to get him or even want to. I get the feeling she likes him only because he does get her like no one else has.  Otis and Eric’s friendship otoh is goals! ❤️❤️

I also like this series. I guess, almost all people who have teens find it to be very realistic. Maybe even teachable.

Loved the series. Very maturely handled. 

Not a fan of show but doesn't Emma Mackey remind you guys of Margot Robbie?