First encounter with Mahabharata

Posted: 3 years ago

When and how did you came to know about Mahabharata ??

I have to confess that the first time i got to know about mb was through ekta s KHMK. πŸ˜†

I remember watching the vh sequence  that s was how I came to know about mb drapaudi and everyone else. 

Then star mb happened and I started reading about drapaudi and other Mahabharata characters. But specifically drapaudi and krishna why ? Because i was in awe of them 

But it was only during karan sagini that i read kmg and a bit of CE. Still in process though   

That s how i came to know these two wonderful character and my awe/love/respect for these two has only increased over the year. Other characters that i came to like are bheem abhimanyu arjuna subdhara vikarna. Etc 

I read other takes and interpretation on mb like jaya , AC, Arjuna without a doubt, krishna the god who lived as a man  indrajit bhandopadhy s articles. 

Also have to confess that i use to like karna based on how he is potrayed in popular culture but now i absolutely loathe him and yudhishtra. 

I always heard about Mahabharata from elders.kahani humare Mahabharat ki was the first Mahabharat show for me too but I didn't like it and didn't watch it so I still didn't know much about MB.i decided to watch the SP one only because of srj.i loved it.from this show only I got interested in Mahabharat then watched few episodes of DD also.but I have not read any book yet.

I love Krishna, Draupadi and Arjun the most from Mahabharat.

Edited by Lazybird_Silpa - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Lazybird_Silpa

I always heard about Mahabharata from elders.kahani humare Mahabharat ki was the first Mahabharat show for me too but I didn't like it and didn't watch it so I still didn't know much about MB.i decided to watch the SP one only because of srj.i loved it.from this show only I got interested in Mahabharat then watched few episodes of DD also.but I have not read any book yet.

I love Krishna, Draupadi and Arjun the most from Mahabharat.

Yeah i didn't watched the entire KHMK either just vh bit . I didn't knew anybody from star bharat initially. But srj and pooja won over me

Originally posted by Poorabhforever

Yeah i didn't watched the entire KHMK either just vh bit . I didn't knew anybody from star bharat initially. But srj and pooja won over me

I knew srj,shaheer,sayantani and some other actors too.but I was most excited to watch srj as Krishna after watching him as Vishnu.then I became a fan of Pooja and poorabh/sakha sakhi too.

Actually my father gifted me a small book of Mahabharat when I was 9yrs old. Not the exact one, but yes I came to know about Mahabharat from then . Then I watched Sp Mahabharat. And then till today I am knowing about the Mahabharat. 

Originally posted by Poorabhforever

When and how did you came to know about Mahabharata ??

my late grandpa has narrated to me when i was a kid through sanskrit and shloks i am a chinese graduate thus i don't read and write hindi and sanskrit though i am a north indian and i also have seen BRC chopra MB but i was a kid though and did not understand what it was all about that time

I have to confess that the first time i got to know about mb was through ekta s KHMK. πŸ˜†

I never watch that show i heard its a disaster i love to watch EK way of portraying a passionate love story as she does it so beautifully but i do agree it annoys many times but definitely not a mythology she will write her own mirch masala but i loved her jodha akbar one of her best creation for historical show even though distorted facts were there but love how she played with complicated relationship of jodha akbar i guess that work there was protest going on for that show but she smartly handle it

I remember watching the vh sequence  that s was how I came to know about mb drapaudi and everyone else. 

i know it through grandpa and many stories i have also forgotten since so many versions came out

Then star mb happened and I started reading about drapaudi and other Mahabharata characters. But specifically drapaudi and krishna why ? Because i was in awe of them 

the MB promo attracted me and shaheer i know him since navya days as i watched the show in which he played anant and rohit was also playing his elder bro in that show and that show also produced by siddharth sir while watching the show i fall in love with saurabh pooja saurav and shaheer i always loved him since navvya days not only for the performer he is but the humble human being he is in real life too

But it was only during karan sagini that i read kmg and a bit of CE. Still in process though   

i guess its the sp show starring tejaswi

That s how i came to know these two wonderful character and my awe/love/respect for these two has only increased over the year. Other characters that i came to like are bheem abhimanyu arjuna subdhara vikarna. Etc 

draupadi is a very strong character and she is a inspiration and idol for all the womens she has done wonders in her lifetime and achieve success in whatever she does and in every role being a daughter sister wife mother empress she was an inspiration but sadly people only associate her as a women married to 5 men and a victim of the dice gameπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

even me too after krishna draupadi i love arjuna bheem abhimanyu subadara...i love the sisters dynamics b/w draupadi-subadara and of course the silent and spritual love story of arjuna-draupadi

I read other takes and interpretation on mb like jaya , AC, Arjuna without a doubt, krishna the god who lived as a man  indrajit bhandopadhy s articles. 

thats nice,i need to catch some books too for refreshing my memory

Also have to confess that i use to like karna based on how he is potrayed in popular culture but now i absolutely loathe him and yudhishtra. 

I don't like karna and yudhishtir in MB text itself

yudishtir dharam was sheer twisted for me in my pov he doesn't understand the meaning of dharam his wife gone through humilliation becos of him and he did not think once abt the consequences at the same draupadi was not wife of his only she was the wife of his other 4 bros and he did not took permission from his other 4 bros to stake their wife...draupadi is wife of 5 pandavas he is an example of bad husband in my eyes sometimes i wonder how he went to heaven what yudishtir did was far more worst and what draupadi feel for arjun only in her heart and other 4 pandavas having pride on their skills is no sin in my eyes but they had to fall first

karna knows dharam and adharam somewhere ge knows duryodhan is wrong yet he support him blindly and yet he cry that he doesn't get the respect he deserve this guy chose his own destruction

Edited by Mages - 3 years ago

Like I mentioned in the Ramayan thread, the ACKs

I've vague memories of the first encounter. It must have been the DD Mahabharata. πŸ€”

During my very first bits and pieces viewings of the DD MB I used to get confused between Yudhisthira and Arjuna due to the similarity in their costumes and used to say that Bhishma sounds like Shaktimaan. But I knew it's the same actor.πŸ˜†

At that stage I only knew Krishna, Draupadi, Bhishma, and Duryodhana. But, I wasn't aware of Krishna's role in MB and couldn't figure out the relationship between Bhishma and the other characters. 

Then, at the age of 7, I received a children's book on MB. It had chapters on certain characters. And our Sanskrit textbook had a chapter on Bhishma Pratigya. 

Mahabharata intrigued me due to its vast complexities and grey areas. 

SPMB, no matter how much I loathe it, triggered my subconscious interest and pushed me to read the texts. 

Edited by Wistfulness - 3 years ago

My grand parents used to narrate stories from the MB, then I was gifted a book full of assorted stories from MB. I read everything as individual events and then soon after Star MB happened, in which I witnessed the whole series as one unit.

Was in so awe of the epic that I immediately binge watched BRC MB as well. And now I'm trying to read some parts of GeetaπŸ˜†

Stories i have always grown up hearing it.

Then I read Amar Chitra Katha

Then the only TV show I saw was 2013 Mahabhart that too reccently. I wish i had seen it earlier

I love love love Krishna!!!! He is so intelligent, powerful, divine , maternal, protective . Just wow

I love the Krishna / Draupadi relationship!!

I am really forward to reading more about their relationship. Please suggest some books!