Yashoda's Innocence!

Posted: 3 years ago

Yashoda is such an innocent soul! The way she reacts to Yogmaaya's darshan, and then goes tells Nand baba!

No wonder Kanha had her wrapped around his fingers! Yeah, sometimes she too got angry, but we all know how long that lasted (like one song, literally!)!

She also did such an amazing job of raising Krishna and I'm sure we can see clear effects of her upbringing in Krishna's nature and life later on!

Some versions suggest she came to live in Dwarka after Jarasandh's sieges...I'm just wondering how cute it must've been,

She and Devaki would've spent HOURS on end discussing both the young and the adult Krishna and his antics! ❤️

Imagine Yashoda around baby Prady, or baby Saamba! Oh God, she would've been so thrilled with baby Anirudhha also!

Absolutely agree on ALL counts, Pro!!! Her implicit belief in Devi Yogmaya's words tells us everything we need to know about why God chose her to be the recipient of such indescribably joys as one of his mothers during this avataar. She's so pure and guileless that nothing about that unprecedented miracle makes her bat an eye, it's just like... well, God said it so it must be true! Much like we hear about Mary accepting her divine pregnancy in the Bible without doubt. It's that same spirit of complete, innocent faith in God that nothing is impossible for him/her. And then the way she repeats Nand Baba's dream... "sundar baalak, haath mein murli"... so incredibly sweet! The "mesmerized vaatsalya" portrayals in this show are some of the most touching scenes in any mytho ever 

And yes, I've seen a handful of sources and especially novels depict her and Nand Baba moving to Dwarika along with the Mathura family members. That makes perfect sense to me--it was all part of the Yadav-controlled "Brij Bhoomi", like suburbs to the city of Mathura, so they would all equally be under threat if Jarasandh wanted to avenge his son-in-law's death. Most sources don't explicitly says this *didn't* happen, so we are free to assume they were along with all of yours (and my) headcanons about all 3 moms bonding over missed moments and making new memories together with their palace full of grandbabies ❤️

I'm so so in for this to be true!

This swayam sahaj samporrna samarpan resonated throughout the series! ❤️

I too believe it was totally possible for Yashoda and Nand to have moved to Dwaraka, because they too were among the Yadava clan, weren't they? Maybe they didn't explicitly live in the palace, but they may very well have established a village of their own in Dwaraka. 

I also heard from one source that Nand and Yashoda remained in Vrindavan as Jarasandh didn't care much for the village folk, and that Yashoda forever saw an image of Bal Krishna frolicking in her courtyard, so she spent the rest of her days mesmerized in his image. This too is acceptable to me, as it portrays the immense love and devotion Yashoda had towards Krishna. The same way Devaki may have seen images of Krishna in the jail cell as he was growing up, why couldn't Yashoda see images of Krishna in Vrindavan, thereby focusing on the happiness of those times rather than the separation from his physical form?

Either way, I don't believe Krishna would have simply left Nand and Yashoda with nothing. I truly believe his Baal Krishna form continued to exist in Vrindavan, the same way Radha and the Gopis were always united with him in their divine state. 

Maybe he was united with everyone in Dwaraka. We can always dream. 😉

Originally posted by RamKiSeeta

I too believe it was totally possible for Yashoda and Nand to have moved to Dwaraka, because they too were among the Yadava clan, weren't they? Maybe they didn't explicitly live in the palace, but they may very well have established a village of their own in Dwaraka.

Lalita Madhav has a pretty clear depiction of Nand-Yashoda in Dwarka and literally the entirety of the childhood cast living all together. Nava-Vrindavan I believe what they it. smiley9

I also heard from one source that Nand and Yashoda remained in Vrindavan as Jarasandh didn't care much for the village folk, and that Yashoda forever saw an image of Bal Krishna frolicking in her courtyard, so she spent the rest of her days mesmerized in his image. This too is acceptable to me, as it portrays the immense love and devotion Yashoda had towards Krishna. The same way Devaki may have seen images of Krishna in the jail cell as he was growing up, why couldn't Yashoda see images of Krishna in Vrindavan, thereby focusing on the happiness of those times rather than the separation from his physical form?

Aww that is so so beautiful! 😭I love how ALL of Krishna's scenarios turn out to be win-wins! ❤️

Either way, I don't believe Krishna would have simply left Nand and Yashoda with nothing. I truly believe his Baal Krishna form continued to exist in Vrindavan, the same way Radha and the Gopis were always united with him in their divine state.

Achha what do you think of Radha meeting Krishna in Kurukshetra? 😳

Maybe he was united with everyone in Dwaraka. We can always dream. 😉

It's such a beautiful thing to dream about!

@ Pro,

I'm not a huge fan of the stories in which Radha meets Krishna in Dwaraka or Kurukshetra. I feel like Radha was present with Krishna already in the form of the Ashtabharya, as all nine were forms of Goddess Lakshmi. I believe the specific form of Radha was meant to be physically separated from Krishna due to Shridhama's curse, but that in their divine form they were always united in Vrindavan, so it doesn't make sense to me that she would go in search of his physical form elsewhere, when he was always present with her in Vrindavan. 

Originally posted by RamKiSeeta

@ Pro,

I'm not a huge fan of the stories in which Radha meets Krishna in Dwaraka or Kurukshetra. I feel like Radha was present with Krishna already in the form of the Ashtabharya, as all nine were forms of Goddess Lakshmi. I believe the specific form of Radha was meant to be physically separated from Krishna due to Shridhama's curse, but that in their divine form they were always united in Vrindavan, so it doesn't make sense to me that she would go in search of his physical form elsewhere, when he was always present with her in Vrindavan. 

True! I always feel a little uneasy while reading those stories though undoubtedly it's makes for good drama: Arjun's crying, Radha's crying, and Krishna isn't sure he can handle both simultaneously. 😆

Achha, and what do you think of Radha's twin sons who almost defeat their father in a battle over Yudi's Ashwamedha horse and then their Guru calms the situation (they defeat Krishna after defeating his bros the Ps)? 😉😆

Also, Ayan Ghosh?

But truly being Krishna's mom isn't easy, especially in his younger years. I was just just watching the Putana scene and well, that was just the beginning, and Yashoda's in for a shock like 3 times a day now on!  🤣

It's not easy to become the mother of God. That needs complete dedication and no logical reasoning. Yashoda ma was completely dedicated

I don't think they would have moved to Dwarika because I don't want Yashoda ji to see her Krishna being with someone else while seeing him everyone

Originally posted by FlauntPessimism

It's not easy to become the mother of God. That needs complete dedication and no logical reasoning. Yashoda ma was completely dedicated

I don't think they would have moved to Dwarika because I don't want Yashoda ji to see her Krishna being with someone else while seeing him everyone

We don't have any clear indications right about whether they moved or not? In any text?