Yamuna ji - Charan Pakhaare Bina Jaane Nahi Doongi!

Posted: 3 years ago

Yamuna in most of the scriptures was not a very happy lady. In SK she is mentioned to be Krishna's Patraani, probably in connection to her manifesting as Kalindi devi later on.

That song is really amazing where Yamuna matches her resolve to touch Krishna's feet to Krishna's jest! 😆

Overall the parity between the swollen and overflowing conditions of the river and the distraught but ecstatic state of Yamuna ji herself is too beautiful to not mention here! ❤️

Yamuna here is played by Pinky Parikh who also played Rukmini later on.

Yamuna's pleas hit home as she says:

Kitna roop dhare hai tumne Kanhai,

Kisi Avataar mein meri sudh na aayi!

It is one common complaint that all devotees have against their Lords and it is frankly one of the purest and most overwhelming feeling you can have!

And then Krishna's such a cute reply:

Hey Praanpriyaa Yamuna, Hum dete hain vachan!

Baar baar tere tat par aayenge,

Murali bajayenge, gauen charaayenge,

Prem-leela, raas-leela yahin pe rachenge!

Phir Yamuna's such a heartwarming plea:

Der na karnaa main baat takungi!

Bhool na jaana, main baat takungi! 😭

True as she says, if you will love, then love so much ke he owes you one otherwise don't love at all! 😆

PS her costume's such a gem, Pinky ji looks soo heavenly!

I agree.I really like the actress's expression but I don't know I just don't like the later part of the serial(mahabharat )later on I just didn't like S.D banerjee even though I have just watch few parts here and there.

Edited by Horizon566 - 3 years ago

i also prefer the first parts of the show, it's made with a lot of love. as per the latter part is concerned it's still a long while away na, and let's cross that bridge when get to it? 😃

Yamuna always has had such a sweet bond with Kanha and she indeed was Krishna's fourth patrani (atleast for us). Yamunaji is considered to be Krishna's favourite (after Laxmiji ofc)

This reminded me of the countless bhajans and stutis on them!

Edited by Mannmohanaa - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Mannmohanaa

Yamuna always has had such a sweet bond with Kanha and she indeed was Krishna's fourth patrani (atleast for us). Yamunaji is considered to be Krishna's favourite (after Laxmiji ofc)

This reminded me of the countless bhajans and stutis on them!

You know here Yamuna ji and Rukmini ji is played by the same actress! 

Do share some hun! ❤️

Originally posted by proteeti

You know here Yamuna ji and Rukmini ji is played by the same actress! 

Do share some hun! ❤️

Haan! That's so sweet ❤️

Yamunaji is supposed to be our Isht Devi so there are a LOT of stutis for the goddess, the most important being the Yamunashtak.😳

Edited by Mannmohanaa - 3 years ago

Shri Yamuna is the fourth element of Shrinathji. Shri Yamuna is the daughter of Surya (Sun) and sister of Yam. She is symbol of Mukti from the evils of Yam and light. Yamunaji is the “ISHT DEVI” of Pushtimarg.

Her another name is Kalindi also. She is also the daughter of Surya. She is the fourth patrani of Krishna but Yamunaji the daughter of Surya is beloved of Shri Krishna and not the wedded wife. She is the fourth Swamini.

Radha is the First beloved of Shri Krishna (Radha is the reverse of Dhara). Dhara takes away the being from Lord Shiva due to its TRIGUNATMA character. On the contrary Radha with the strength of Bhakti and Samarpan makes atma meet parmatma. Second beloved of Krishna is Gopanga. 

Third beloved of Krishna is “ Ananya Purva ” a daughter of Rishi who did Katyani Vrat.

Yamunaji had emerged from the heart of Surya Narayan and landed at Mount Kalindi. She had flown on the earth for the benefit of its disciples to have Bhakti Bhav.

Yamunashtak:

Namami Yamuna Maham, Sakal Siddhi Hetum Muda, Murari Padpankaj-Sfuradmand, Renoot-katam, Tatasth Nav Kanan, Prakat Mod Pushpambunaa, Suraa Sur suPoojitaha, Smara Pituh Shri yam-bibhrateem

I (Shri Mahaprabhuji) bow (Namami) to Shri Yamunaji with my full love and devotion. She is capable of giving fulfillment of all the desires (Sakal Siddhi) of the devotee in enjoying God’s love. Shri Yamunaji is capable of giving all kind of achievements. This first shlok describes the physical state of the river. Its both banks are full of glittering sand which is believed to be as soft as lotus feet of Shri Murari Prabhu (Shri Krishna.) Also, there are various kind of EVERGREEN gardens of the both banks of the river. The river water is full of scent due to flowers of the garden. Shri Yamunaji is also worshipped by two kinds(Suraa -Sur)of Vraj devotees.

Kalind Girimastake, Pata-d-mand Poorojjwalaa, Vilas Gamanollasat, Prakatgand Shailonnata, Sagosh-gantidantura, Samadhiroodh Dolottama, Mukund Rati Vardhinee, Jayati Padma Bandho Suta

Bhuvam Bhuvan Pawaneem, Adhigatamane Kashwanaihi, Priyabhiriv Sevatam, Shuka Mayur Hansadibhihi, Tarang Bhuj Kankana, Prakat muktikavaluka, Nitambtat Sundareem, Namat Krishna Turya Priyam.

It flows enthusiastically (With speed and splendour Poorojjwalaa) from the top of Kalind mountain. The water appears to be as milk because of the force and twirls. It seems like Shri Yamunaji is very eager to go in Vraj and meet Shri Krishna. It also gives impression as Shri Yamunaji is swinging of (Dolottama) jhula. Shri Yamunaji is a daughter of Sun, who is the friend of lotus(Padma).

Whenever Shri Yamunaji comes to earth from heaven, she blessed the Earth (Bhuvam Bhuvana Pawaneem). All birds like Parrot, Peacock, Hansas (Swans) serves Shri Yamunaji. Shri Mahaprabhuji visualize glittering (sterling) sand as her bangle’s pearls (muktikavaluka) and waves of water as beautiful divine hands (Tarang Bhuj Kankana) of Shri Yamunaji. From the birds eye view, Shri Yamunaji appears as beautiful with both the banks with glamourous sand and river full of water. She is favorite fourth queen of Shri Krishna. And Shri Mahaprabhuji asks us to bow to her (Namat Krishna Turya Priyam).

--

Phew this is long! But these are my favorite verses. This is also translated into Gujarati and that's very cute 

Yamuna Stuti:

Shri Krishna Na Charanarvind Ni Raj Thaki Shobhi Rahya,

Siddhi Alaukik Aapnara Vundu Shri Yamunajine,

Supushpa Ni Suvas Thi Jungle Badhu Meheki Rahyu,

Ne Mand Shital Pavan Thi Jal Pan Sugandhit Thai Rahyu,

Puje Surasur Sneh Thi Vali Sevata Daivi Jivo,

Vandan Karu Shri Yamunajine Shri Krishna Aashraya Aapjo

And apart from this Mara Ghat Ma Viraajta is also famous, Pro I think you already know it😆

Shyamladi Surat Ma 

Murat Madhuri,

Prem Sahit Patrani,

Parakrame Puran

^These are my fav lines from Yamuna aarti 😳

Wow! This is just soo beautiful! I would soo love to know more about the Shrinathji ka structure, I've always been curious!

SK had the Madhurashtakam and a brief view of Radha as Ymunaji in the firwt epi, did you see that one? ❤️