Are SuryaDev’s children deprived some way or the other?

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 years ago

It seems to me that Lord Surya’s children are always cursed some way or the other. They get separated from one parent or are deprived of love.

Yami and Yamraj, biological mother leaves for tapasya and leaves them to Chaya’s care.

Shani - Since birth has bitter terms with his father. 

Bhadra, don’t know too many details but is related to Bhadra kaal and nothing auspicious should be started in this duration, it’s for all destructive works. 

Karan,again his mother gave him up after he was born and was brought up by another.

Ashwini Kumars are auspicious but have known to embarrass Surya Dev.. though I doubt authenticity of the story..

Don’t have too many details about other kids.. if someone has pls share.

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Armu4eva thumbnail

I didn't know beyond Shani and Karna. Thanks for sharing.. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Ashwin Kumars were sons of Surya dev.. and nakul sahdev  were their sons... and Karan was son of Surya dev.. hmm interesting.. 

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Ashwini Kumars were sons of SuryaDev? I didn't know that

I felt Ashwini was their dad and so they were called Ashwini Kumar

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Ashwini Kumars were sons of SuryaDev? I didn't know that

I felt Ashwini was their dad and so they were called Ashwini Kumar

No 😆

Surya dev’s wife Sandhya/ Sangya couldn’t bear his heat.. as he was very hot.. so she made a duplicate with her shadow called Chaya and left to do penance. She left her kids Yamraj and Yami to Chaya’s care. Chaya had a son with Surya dev Shani dev.. he was dark skinned because his mother was actually Chaya.. but Surya dev didn’t notice the difference.. he kept thinking she’s sangya😆 he gets angry and feels he’s not his son.. and doesn’t accept him.

when sangya comes back this angers her and she shoos Chaya away.. and mstreats Shani. This angers him and he kicks her womb saying she’s an insult to motherhood. She curses him that he will loose his leg and it will be infected with worms etc. Surya Dev feels that something is strange as a mother will never curse her son like that.. he corners her and she confesses. He gets angry and sends her away.

Ashwin actually means horse, she takes form of a mare and does penance. Surya Dev starts missing her and goes to get her back in the form of horse.. so they have twins called Ashwin Kumars.

They rule the constellation (nakshtra) of Ashwini, and are celestial healers to the Devtas. They rule medical sciences in the human realm. That’s why  nakul and sahdev  had the power of healing and could communicate with animals.  In Vedic astrology, you will see a lot of doctors born in this nakshtra.

Also interesting to note is that the twins also have a common wife.😊

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 4 years ago
CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Ashwin Kumars were sons of Surya dev.. and nakul sahdev  were their sons... and Karan was son of Surya dev.. hmm interesting.. 

So Karna is grandpa of Nakul Sahdev! 🤣

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: CaptainSpark

Not grandpa uncle

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Oh yes sorry 🤣

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: CaptainSpark

We made a new discovery 🤣

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

It seems to me that Lord Surya’s children are always cursed some way or the other. They get separated from one parent or are deprived of love.

Yami and Yamraj, biological mother leaves for tapasya and leaves them to Chaya’s care.

Shani - Since birth has bitter terms with his father. 

Bhadra, don’t know too many details but is related to Bhadra kaal and nothing auspicious should be started in this duration, it’s for all destructive works. 

Karan,again his mother gave him up after he was born and was brought up by another.

Ashwini Kumars are auspicious but have known to embarrass Surya Dev.. though I doubt ethnicity of the story..

Don’t have too many details about other kids.. if someone has pls share.

Nothing about Sugreev?