Posted: 3 years ago

Just got done watching the Malayalam film Uyare and wow, completely mindblown by Parvathy in the film. Her portrayal of Pallavi reminded me how stiff and one note Deepika was in Chhapaak. I remember saying this when the poster released and people said this will be an award winning role for Deepika- she would had to act with her eyes and voice since her face would be covered with proesthetics and unfortunately she was terrible with regard to voice modulation and acting in Chhapaak. Compare that to Parvathy who was understated and a complete natural! And I am not just talking about the actors here but overall too Uyare is so good and so much better than Chhapaak too!  I mean yes technically they might not have great prosthetics, obviously due to budget constraints in regional films but the content is so much more stronger in Uyare than Chhapaak which looked like a documentary. 

This by no means is to take away the good deed the makers were doing in bringing the story of Lakshmi to the people but stricly as a film, Chhapaak was terrible to say the least unlike Uyare that was a really good watch with a proper graph of the protangonist and the antagonist. The film is available on netflix with eng subs. Highly recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_apYoiJlJ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCI8Ndk_bJ4

Edited by Khai_R_Haagi - 3 years ago

Deepika was miles better.. i just saw the trailer of that South film & the prosthetic scar on that woman looks so fake & weird.

Haven't watched uyare. But I'm sure it can't be any worse than Deepika in chapaak. 

I haven't watched Chhapaak but Parvathy Thiruvothu is right up there and among the All Time Greatest actors of Indian cinema and is an acting stalwart. 

She was fabulous in Uyare and it's a film everyone should watch regardless of whether they speak Malayalam or not.

Originally posted by Maaya_Memsaab

Deepika was miles better.. i just saw the trailer of that South film & the prosthetic scar on that woman looks so fake & weird.

I was asking about the acting, not the makeup though...

Originally posted by ponymo

I haven't watched Chhapaak but Parvathy Thiruvothu is right up there and among the All Time Greatest actors of Indian cinema and is an acting stalwart. 

She was fabulous in Uyare and it's a film everyone should watch regardless of whether they speak Malayalam or not.

Parvathy is so good at her work. Take Off, Virus, Uyare, it is amazing how she turns out to be the best part of any film. Even her cameo in Bangalore Days was so good. And in Virus too which had such a huge ensemble cast, she had the best role and amazing comand on screen. 

Saw Parvathy in Qarib Qarib single..she is a mind-blowing actress..very impressed.

All through the movie I kept on thinking her voice is similar to Deepika with a better dialogue delivery..

They even look alike from some angles

Tone of both films is very different. 

Uyare was great but I enjoyed seeing Deepika more. Meghna and atika tried their best to spoil it but Deepika hold the pieces of film together. 

For me personally it was Parvathy.  What a stellar actress she is!   She lives the character she plays.  You literally forget you are watching Parvathy.  She becomes that character.

Unfair comparison. Parvathy is an actress.