CID

Sony TV begins rerunning CID

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I just read that Sony TV has begun re-airing CID. Seriously this is a 90s galore! Maybe Sony will finally upload high qualities of the 1990s and early 2000s episodes.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kulasya. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

It's 10 AM IST. I simply don't understand Sony's problem. It's obvious they won't get huge TRPs so early in the morning.  I think they just want to tick the box that we care for our audience and adhere to their demands. Nothing new in this approach, of course ! 

Minionite thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Kulasya.

It's 10 AM IST. I simply don't understand Sony's problem. It's obvious they won't get huge TRPs so early in the morning.  I think they just want to tick the box that we care for our audience and adhere to their demands. Nothing new in this approach, of course ! 

The fact that they brought CID back is more than enough to prove that they know CID brings TRPs and views. Else they could easily have repeated other shows. Why bring back CID at all?

debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Multiple questions here:

1) When will they start doing this? As of immediate effect?

2) What guarantee is there that they will be telecasting old episodes?

3) For international viewers, will the same apply? I would consider getting the SET Asia subscription online then

HIDEnSEEK06 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I have watched CID yesterday. They are not airing the actual classic episodes. I was kinda disappointed. The episodes are from Purvi’s era! 
Anyways, watching CID on TV gave me different kind of nostalgic vibe. But the timing is very bad man! In this time of lockdown, it’s tough to get up this early in morning 😔

Kulasya. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: AS-Rifi

I have watched CID yesterday. They are not airing the actual classic episodes. I was kinda disappointed. The episodes are from Purvi’s era! 
Anyways, watching CID on TV gave me different kind of nostalgic vibe. But the timing is very bad man! In this time of lockdown, it’s tough to get up this early in morning 😔

@ Underline , Expected.  Looks like they are not interested in classic episodes first of all. They are interested in ' Daya darwaja tod do' 'Kuch to gadbad hai' type OTT era. But that era actually made CID household name. Golden era was limited to niche audience.  So may be they went with that. 

@Bold,   Exactly my point ! Why don't show at the night time instead? As anyways they can't air new episodes of any serial. 

Edited by Kulasya. - 4 years ago
debayon thumbnail

Utterly disappointed with the definition of 'classic' as per Sony. Some cases from 5 years ago cannnot be labelled as that! How shameful.

Gaganjyoti thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Sony TV is airing episodes from 2013 to 2018. I can't accept these as classic episodes. I have requested Sony TV to air actual classic episodes from the golden era of CID. But as always, they are not responding. They can air 2 or 3 episodes everyday but they are airing only 1 episode at morning 10 am. I think, its impossible to gain good TRP if they air the serial in morning time.

So the question is, why they started airing CID like this? I mean without any promo or official news. I think the answer is very simple. DD National & DD Bharati started airing their famous old serials like - Ramayan, Mahabharat, Shaktimaan, Byomkesh Bakshi, Circus etc. So Sony TV think about to air their famous old serials. But when they checked their old TRP graph, they realize that they don't have any serials which can beat CID and AahatSo they imminently started airing both of the serial. But they are airing episodes from HD-1080p era. They should air 90's actual classic episodes of CID and Aahat. As per my online and offline research, more then 80% Indians didn't know about the golden era of CID and Aahat and never watched those epic old episodes of these 2 serials.

What do you think about my opinion? 

--------------------------------------------------

Note:

Sony TV is not showing any promo of upcoming episodes, so we don't have any idea which episode they will air. I am requesting to every CIDians, please always turn on the recording while you start watching CID on Sony TV. This way, we could get old episodes in best quality if they air any old episode. Thanks. 😊

😎 Gaganjyoti Kalita 😎

❤️ "A Die Hard Fan of CID and CID Team" ❤️

Edited by Gaganjyoti - 4 years ago
Minionite thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: debayon

Utterly disappointed with the definition of 'classic' as per Sony. Some cases from 5 years ago cannnot be labelled as that! How shameful.

They called it a rerun of the classics. 2008 is not classic. I agree. I was really hoping to see some of the actual classic episodes from 1998, 1999, even 2003 or 2004 would be okay. But 2008 is not classic era at all.

debayon thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Minionite

They called it a rerun of the classics. 2008 is not classic. I agree. I was really hoping to see some of the actual classic episodes from 1998, 1999, even 2003 or 2004 would be okay. But 2008 is not classic era at all.

2008 is right about where the golden years of CID ends for me. The first half of 2008 you can see the quality declining, but still being somewhat engaging enough. The second half is really where it nosedives