Posted: 4 years ago

What do you guys think of the sacrifice of Nand baba in giving up his daughter for Krishna?

Was he right to sacrifice his daughter for the greater good or do you think Yashoda should have had a say?

I just can't make an opinion about it right now. Maybe I'll have to think about it.

Originally posted by proteeti

What do you guys think of the sacrifice of Nand baba in giving up his daughter for Krishna?

Was he right to sacrifice his daughter for the greater good or do you think Yashoda should have had a say?

But did he give up his daughter by choice??? I think this just happened as per the Lord's direction where yashoda and nand were really sleeping. Only Vasudev knew to do the deed and he did it.

Originally posted by RainFire125

But did he give up his daughter by choice??? I think this just happened as per the Lord's direction where yashoda and nand were really sleeping. Only Vasudev knew to do the deed and he did it.

According to SB, Nand and Rohini knew the truth.

And the God part if you ignore, then of course he did that by choice. Maybe, he didn't want to, but it was hard, conscious decision.

Originally posted by proteeti

According to SB, Nand and Rohini knew the truth.

And the God part if you ignore, then of course he did that by choice. Maybe, he didn't want to, but it was hard, conscious decision.

ok, for the greater good then i will assume.

do we have SB available to read online??

The good of the individual ultimately lies in the good of the society. I think Vasudeva had to do it for the rest of the population. There is a high chance that Yashoda would not have agreed if she had known that her daughter would going to die so, he kept it a secret. 

The choice is between the individual right and the collective good.

That's true, Yashoda was such a nice lady, she would wholeheartedly have accepted Kanha but would definitely not support giving up on the girl!

Actually  in some other sources  it was that  vasudev quietly enter nand baba house and quitely put Lord Krishna and quitely took baby girl from there  and nand baba has no idea about it 

But what ever happen  neither  nand baba remember incident  neither vasudev remember  this incident 

. If we see vasudev was crossing river just by walking. Now no one can cross yamuna river  by walking. But vasudev cross river by walking  so  it was god grace  it was God power it was God wish that vasudev able to cross  yamuna river by walking 

According to God wish  nand will sacrifice his daughter and  after that according to God wish he will forget  that he has any daughter