Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Jab Tak Hai Jaan was directed by Aditya Chopra, not Yash Chopra

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

This film was directed by Aditya Chopra but they credited it as directed by Yash Chopra.  Not only romantic scenes I think the entire film was directed by Aditya Chopra.

Wikipedia:

The romantic scenes were directed by Chopra's son, Aditya, to give them a more contemporary feel.[24] The "Ishq Shava" dance scene was shot with the leading duo and freestyle dancers in an underground club and aboard a boat on the River Thames.[25] The film's climax, initially planned by Chopra to be shot in the mountains of Kashmir, was moved to Ladakh. This was reportedly suggested by Khan, whose Dil Se.. was shot in the area many years earlier. Portions of Jab Tak Hai Jaan were filmed in three Kashmiri cities: Srinagar, Pahalgam, and Gulmarg.[24]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jab_Tak_Hai_Jaan

Edited by Mugda - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

YourCat thumbnail

It was a bad film 

Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I have a feeling KJo and Aditya are scared to direct films because they dont know what works anymore and they are also afraid to fail! So Adi was ghost-directing his daddys projects while KJo does the same with the big budgets he produces.

Bogus fake assumptions

Yash chopra directed the whole Jthj

Yash ji was always contemporary in his approach

He directed a much contemporary & mod looking Dil toh pagal hai in 1997

Yash ji directed Lamhe that was much ahead of its time for 1991

People spread another fake news that Yash ji directed Ddlj and not Adi, which was the similar khurrafaat of someone's mind.

---------------

Edited by taniya.91 - 4 years ago
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I remember when DDLJ came out in 1995, media rumours speculated that Yash Chopra probably directed the film, how could his son so young make such a classic?

Then in 1997 when DTPH came out, I saw people saying, Aditya Chopra must've directed the film, it was so young and urban chic.

And now I see this. Made me laugh.

Although certainly the've both collaborated heavily in each other's projects. win=win.

Lulzbolly thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Nah. Aditya was heavily involved in post production because his dad had passed away.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: Lulzbolly

Nah. Aditya was heavily involved in post production because his dad had passed away.

Yash Chopra passed away 21st October.

JTHJ released on 12th November.

I'm sure post production was done by then, at least the majority of it, with minimal remaining. Far from "heavily involved".

They would've just been co-ordinating the promotional strategies after Yash-ji's death.

No need to project false narratives.

Edited by Rekha_ji - 4 years ago
Twinklingmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Yash Chopra passed away 21st October.

JTHJ released on 12th November.

I'm sure post production was done by then, at least the majority of it, with minimal remaining. Far from "heavily involved".

They would've just been co-ordinating the promotional strategies after Yash-ji's death.

No need to project false narratives.

Yes. Only title track was left to be shoot. Even KJo came forward to direct it, but Adi refused. 

loli123 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Karan Johar and Aditya Chopra are first cousins

While we know the two of the biggest families of Bollywood are close, there is more to this bond. Karan Johar’s mother Hiroo Johar is the sister of Yash Chopra. So when Karan made his first onscreen appearance in Aditya Chopra’s directorial debut DDLJ, it was all in the family!