Are the Sreenivasans really Tamilians?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

I am really disappointed about how they failed to capitalise on the North-South banter like the one in YHM. That is one of the main reasons for that show’s success apart from leads’ chemistry and wonderful scenes and screenplay. 
Apart form Vasudha, no one is even uttering a word in Tamil. Only thing they keep saying is ‘Venkateshwara!’. Apart from that nothing to indicate that they are Tamilians. 
They should celebrate some South Indian festival where Rudr is dressed in veshti and all and Preesha in a proper Kanjivaram saree. Preesha can maybe include some Tamil words into her vocabulary. 

Originally posted by YHCstan

I am really disappointed about how they failed to capitalise on the North-South banter like the one in YHM. That is one of the main reasons for that show’s success apart from leads’ chemistry and wonderful scenes and screenplay. 
Apart form Vasudha, no one is even uttering a word in Tamil. Only thing they keep saying is ‘Venkateshwara!’. Apart from that nothing to indicate that they are Tamilians. 
They should celebrate some South Indian festival where Rudr is dressed in veshti and all and Preesha in a proper Kanjivaram saree. Preesha can maybe include some Tamil words into her vocabulary. 

Apart from Vasudha, all the other characters are played by Northies. Even if they do try, it won't be convincing at all. But I do agree, YHM did the North-South thing way better. I don't even understand why Yuvraj and Prisha had a Punjabi style wedding planned with a lehenga and what not.  If I remember correctly, when Vasudha was preparing for the sangeet, Prisha said something like "romba nalla dance" and gosh, it was such cringe. 

Originally posted by SwaDarsh-AaRa

Apart from Vasudha, all the other characters are played by Northies. Even if they do try, it won't be convincing at all. But I do agree, YHM did the North-South thing way better. I don't even understand why Yuvraj and Prisha had a Punjabi style wedding planned with a lehenga and what not.  If I remember correctly, when Vasudha was preparing for the sangeet, Prisha said something like "romba nalla dance" and gosh, it was such cringe. 

Really vasudha is tamil ???

I like this better than yhm the north - south thing

I don’t want them to say anything wrongly in tamil ... it’s better this way

Vasudha’s tamil is good..... after watching her scenes I really thought “I think she really knows  tamil” 

@ bold true yaar

Posted: 3 years ago

I disagree with you on this the way they showed South Indians in YHM was just a joke infact why only SO even the punjabi were shown to be always screaming and doing chillum chilli in that show yes it worked but it wasn't  a good depiction it was your cliched stereotypes ke punjabi hain toh chillum chilli karte raheinge and south indian hain toh bas idling sambar khate raheinge they had literally not given them any other character trait than these. It's  same here ke bas venkateshwara karte raho and you are automatically  south indian. ITV in today's date won't  get the culture's right as noone is invested enough to get it right. I watch a lot of regional stuff know actual south Indians and  punjabi myself by God  noone behaves like the way they show in ITV 

Originally posted by naadanmasakalli

I disagree with you on this the way they showed South Indians in YHM was just a joke infact why only SO even the punjabi were shown to be always screaming and doing chillum chilli in that show yes it worked but it wasn't  a good depiction it was your cliched stereotypes ke punjabi hain toh chillum chilli karte raheinge and south indian hain toh bas idling sambar khate raheinge they had literally not given them any other character trait than these. It's  same here ke bas venkateshwara karte raho and you are automatically  south indian. ITV in today's date won't  get the culture's right as noone is invested enough to get it right. I watch a lot of regional stuff know actual south Indians and  punjabi myself by God  noone behaves like the way they show in ITV 

I never denied that it was cliches but it was fun to watch. Moreover at least they made an attempt to show the cultural differences. Here the Sreenivasan are as good as being Punjabis. So what is the point of making them Tamilians?

Any idea why they showed Yuvraj Preesha having punjabi style wedding when they r actually south Indians?

Originally posted by YHCstan

I never denied that it was cliches but it was fun to watch. Moreover at least they made an attempt to show the cultural differences. Here the Sreenivasan are as good as being Punjabis. So what is the point of making them Tamilians?

Originally posted by naadanmasakalli

Well said.