24.03.2020: Written Update: Mere Dad Ki Dulhan

Posted: 4 years ago

Part 1

Amber knocks at Nias door, asking her to open. She says getting ready. He says something urgent to discuss. Nia opens and asks the matter. He asks her what Guneet said. Nia says nothing about you. It's my first meeting wish me luck. He says kill it. Nia leaves. 

Guneet messages Amber asking to meet in 5mins. Amber is panicking wondering if Nia told her anything. He decides to change. He starts slowly but rushes. Bg-Pyaar dewana hota hai. Amber changes. He remembers Nias words to let Guneet know Amber, the way he is. Amber peps himself up. He comes out in the Hall and looks upstairs. 

Nia is in the meeting and tries to explain the ad. The guy says no matter what the product, need a girl to sell. Nia asks what will girl do to sell lungis? He says to sell, in short clothes. Nia's friend explains that it's regular thing, lets do something different, in positive theme. The guy says to just focus on making the website. Nia remembers the need for seed money and agrees for doing as told. The guy says great and offers to give cheque. Nia asks without contract? . He says you have good reference. Nia is shocked and asks who?? 

Amber is lost in humming happily. Guneet calls him out and comes in front of him. Amber is lost in thoughts of moments with Guneet. He happily comes in front of her. She asks if he has noticed all the mess in Nias life. If he has a plan to fix it? Amber recalls all the mess with Kabir. Amber says he tried to talk but Nia doesn't wanna talk. Guneet says and he accepted her answer? Amber says he has his eyes on Nia and wondering how to fix it but Kabir-Nia being old time friends always patch up. It's not love. Guneet says don't know about love but Nia does miss him. Amber says planning something. Guneet asks when he will plan? This year or next year? She starts to walk away. Amber asks her to wait. 

Part 2

Guneet asks what he plans? Amber says good food as all men have a weakness. Guneet fumes. Amber says for all, good food is a solution to fix any mess. Will sort out. Guneet likes the idea. Amber asks her to help him for chopping veggies, pass masala. Guneet agrees. She asks if she should inform all. Amber nods he will. He hums 'kehna hai'. 

Amber calls Kabir and asks to come for dinner. Kabir asks if he told Nia. Amber says it's my house and she is my daughter, just come. Kabir says better if inform Nia as she may not like. Amber scolds. He relents. Kabir says will be late, meeting someone for dinner. Amber says bring them along, my cooking is better than any restaurant. Kabir agrees. He looks at Swara. 

Part 3

Amber singing 'zarurat hai zarurat hai' and Guneet sneaks in on him smiling. She says you sing well. Amber blushes. Guneet asks what to make? Italian, Chinese, Indian? Amber agrees for Indian. She asks what to make? Guneet says whatever she wants. She says don't keep hope from me. Amber says hope for only help. She says palak paneer, malai korta, dal, rice and puri. He helps tie her apron. He struggles to tie his. She asks the matter. He manages to tie it. They keep running into each other. Guneet says she will be chef and he assistant. 

Precap-- Amber chops veggies. Guneet is cooking. Amber stares at her lovingly. He comes close to her while picking up salt. They stare at each other. 

Edited by Armu4eva - 4 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Since the past 2 weeks I think the team seems to have lost themselves or their content writer is on leave. All episodes seem to be 80% flashbacks. Starts with a 5 min earlier episode summary and then few minutes its just flashbacks....they better buck up fast....they are in the danger zone of losing massive trp

Originally posted by madjack38

Since the past 2 weeks I think the team seems to have lost themselves or their content writer is on leave. All episodes seem to be 80% flashbacks. Starts with a 5 min earlier episode summary and then few minutes its just flashbacks....they better buck up fast....they are in the danger zone of losing massive trp

It could be due to the lack of filming. All shooting closed on 16th March abruptly. They may not have enough bank. 

All the serials all the channels have the same problem.  All are running old episodes 

Originally posted by madjack38

Dear, the situation is not at all such, that they can shoot. They had to wind up by 18th March. And now, they won't have any shoot till 15th. I think we need to respect all people for all their jobs. And also taking the current scenario into consideration, we need to respect the fact that everyone has put their efforts irrespective of the number of holidays, so that we viewers can at least have some days of entertainment....😊

Edited by Nature-Happiness - 4 years ago

Are people not watching the news or using a bit of common sense as to why epis are filled with flashbacks ? 

Neways hope all are safe and resume shooting once it’s safe to do so 

Originally posted by silvermoonlight

Are people not watching the news or using a bit of common sense as to why epis are filled with flashbacks ? 

Neways hope all are safe and resume shooting once it’s safe to do so 

Exactly. So many people are not even aware of the fact that shooting has been stopped, it’s been more than a week now.

Today was a full episode so people can be a bit happy with that. They shoot the episodes out of order, so if they don't have enough scenes to cover the episode they have to stretch it out with flashbacks so the progression makes sense. Everyone be a bit understanding during these times please. Many shows are not able to release new content at all. Cute Niya-Kabir scenes today, but I feel like they didn't address the issue of Niya unfairly lashing out at Kabir. They made it sound like Kabir was only acting out of jealously, even though Niya attacked his professionalism and friendship. Also she apologized for hugging Randeep but not her bratty behavior, which obviously Kabir won't accept because hugging someone isn't a crime. However, this means she conveniently never actually apologized, so Niya will never realize what she did wrong. 

Edit: I have to also add I feel bad for Swara. She seems really nice and she also didn't deserve to be berated by Niya. I hope Niya apologizes (though I doubt it based on today's scenes). Now she will also feel a little bad when she finds out Kabir likes Niya. I hope they won't turn it into a triangle (to replace Kabir-Niya-Randeep) or make Swara negative. Maybe Niya will feel a little jealous, but I don't wish to see Swara actually hurt. 

Edited by ShinyMishka - 4 years ago

Originally posted by ShinyMishka

Today was a full episode so people can be a bit happy with that. They shoot the episodes out of order, so if they don't have enough scenes to cover the episode they have to stretch it out with flashbacks so the progression makes sense. Everyone be a bit understanding during these times please. Many shows are not able to release new content at all. Cute Niya-Kabir scenes today, but I feel like they didn't address the issue of Niya unfairly lashing out at Kabir. They made it sound like Kabir was only acting out of jealously, even though Niya attacked his professionalism and friendship. Also she apologized for hugging Randeep but not her bratty behavior, which obviously Kabir won't accept because hugging someone isn't a crime. However, this means she conveniently never actually apologized, so Niya will never realize what she did wrong. 

Edit: I have to also add I feel bad for Swara. She seems really nice and she also didn't deserve to be berated by Niya. I hope Niya apologizes (though I doubt it based on today's scenes). Now she will also feel a little bad when she finds out Kabir likes Niya. I hope they won't turn it into a triangle (to replace Kabir-Niya-Randeep) or make Swara negative. Maybe Niya will feel a little jealous, but I don't wish to see Swara actually hurt. 

Bold: I totally agree & didnt like it one bit. Instead of Niya the brat being shown a mirror, they ruined Kabir’s character and made him look like a typical jealous mcp who hits back by speaking & behaving in a hurtful manner. They made it look like he was the unprofessional one due to his jealousy. What rubbish. If this Niya is the new age woman then she is nothing but the same old ”bechari nari jiska jahan dushman”, in modern clothing.

I am v disappointed that Kabir Niya got back together. And even more disappointed that yet another professional straightforward character, Swara, is about to sacrificed for Devi Niya. The signs are ominous, that Swara will form a third in the triangle, most likely become the vamp.

I am in this show only for Ambar-Guneet. 

Originally posted by Bana

Bold: I totally agree & didnt like it one bit. Instead of Niya the brat being shown a mirror, they ruined Kabir’s character and made him look like a typical jealous mcp who hits back by speaking & behaving in a hurtful manner. They made it look like he was the unprofessional one due to his jealousy. What rubbish. If this Niya is the new age woman then she is nothing but the same old ”bechari nari jiska jahan dushman”, in modern clothing.

I am v disappointed that Kabir Niya got back together. And even more disappointed that yet another professional straightforward character, Swara, is about to sacrificed for Devi Niya. The signs are ominous, that Swara will form a third in the triangle, most likely become the vamp.

I am in this show only for Ambar-Guneet. 

Absolutely. I was very disappointed in Kabir when he said he was now going help Niya in her business and do her favors. I dunno if he just said it like that, but Niya will likely want to cash in at some point, and Kabir works for a rival company. His professional integrity will be on the line, and Niya will probably ask him to sacrifice for her without a second thought. All she does is take him for granted, nothing has changed. What happened to Kabir's self-respect? Just because Randeep is out of the picture means it was ok to treat him like this? I don't want him to come to a point where he has to choose between his career and Niya. From a personal standpoint, Niya is also a terrible friend. She learned nothing and still thinks she is the victim in all this. Somehow, the blame was pinned on Kabir and he just accepted it so he can be back with Niya. His actions were perfectly warranted, but it was hand-waved away as only jealously. Then there is Swara, the type of professional woman Niya wishes she could be. It is her graciousness that she doesn't hold a grudge against Niya for her rudeness and wants to be friends. But no doubt they will turn her negative using Kabir to fuel a rivalry, just to make Niya look superior. Niya is all about "girl power" when the type of girl she has to deal with is a cheerleader and follower like Kajal. But her disrespect of Swara proved that in reality it's all about Niya's ego. You are right in pointing out it's a very weak take on feminism.