Debate Mansion

Novel Corona virus: Reason & Break through

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 4 years ago

Most of us are aware of the havoc, novel corona virus has created in our lives. Almost entire World is affected. 

What is Corona virus?

Source: https://www.sciencealert.com/coronavirus

First described in detail in the 1960s, the coronavirus gets its name from a distinctive corona or 'crown' of sugary-proteins that projects from the envelope surrounding the particle. Encoding the virus's make-up is the longest genome of any RNA-based virus – a single strand of nucleic acid roughly 26,000 to 32,000 bases long. 

There are four known genuses in the family, named Alphacoronavirus, Betacoronavirus, Gammacoronavirus, and Deltacoronavirus. The first two only infect mammals, including bats, pigs, cats, and humans. Gammacoronavirus mostly infects birds such as poultry, while Deltacoronavirus can infect both birds and mammals.

COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2)

SARS-CoV-2 was first identified in the Chinese city of Wuhan in 2019. At the time of writing, numbers of infected are still on the rise, with a mortality rate of around 1 percent. 

Snakes were originally suspected as a potential source for the outbreak, though other experts have deemed this unlikely and proposed bats instead. As of February 2020, the search for the animal origin of COVID-19 is ongoing.

For any problem, there is always a solution. Lets check various break through in this direction.

1) Indian scientists have been able to capture image of this virus.

https://www.indiatoday.in/science/story/indian-scientists-microscopy-image-sarscov2-virus-covid19-corona-1660511-2020-03-27

2) Many countries are tying to find vaccine for corona virus. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/27/inside-the-race-to-develop-a-coronavirus-vaccine-covid-19

Thus, for the first time ever, scientists have been able to muster up vaccine prospects mere weeks into a new, fast-spreading disease. Right now, there are at least 43 Covid-19 vaccines in development around the world – in Brisbane and Hong Kong, in the US and the UK, in the labs of universities and companies. Most of these are DNA or RNA vaccines. One vaccine, made in 63 days by an American biotech firm named Moderna, moved into human trials on 16 March, entering the bloodstream of the first of 45 healthy adult volunteers in Seattle. It was a “world indoor record”, said Anthony Fauci, the doctor who heads the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. “Nothing has ever gone that fast.”

Well, these are some pts, noted above in trying to understand this disease. 

Since this issue concerns all of us. India-Forums, at Debate Mansion, invites all to share their views & findings regarding novel corona virus. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xbeyondwordsx thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

This was really interesting to read.

Thank you, guys 

-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

This Virus is nothing but #ChineseBioTerrorism

kchaims thumbnail

Thank you for sharing this Minu di🤗 

Since India is in lockdown, I have been worried about how long this will go on. I read articles about India entering 3rd stage soon.   Hopefully that doesn't happen though..

GuardianDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: BilliCat.

Since India is in lockdown, I have been worried about how long this will go on. I read articles about India entering 3rd stage soon.   Hopefully that doesn't happen though..

India is expected to reach Phase 3 by next week. And it's expected to last till July 2020. But lockdown might be there till April or May end that is if people don't roam out like they own the world and nothing will happen to them

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

some of drugs are entering phase 1/2/3 trials and even animal modeling but i've seen some disgusting photos on facebook whereby monkies & other animals were brutally treated in the process of designing drugs. some trials are being delayed for safety reasons also.

one of pharma companies faced controversy yesterday or something when their drug was categorized as "orphan drug"  : remdesivir. 

mnx12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -RD-

This Virus is nothing but #ChineseBioTerrorism

It is a powerful bio weapon, requires  much stronger antidote soon to prevent this terror.

mnx12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BilliCat.

Going in stage 3 is scary. 

Hope people will co-operate in taking all precautionary measures. Non co-operation or over confidence of some is putting others in danger.

mnx12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meena_J

some of drugs are entering phase 1/2/3 trials and even animal modeling but i've seen some disgusting photos on facebook whereby monkies & other animals were brutally treated in the process of designing drugs. some trials are being delayed for safety reasons also.

one of pharma companies faced controversy yesterday or something when their drug was categorized as "orphan drug"  : remdesivir. 

In normal course, they get long peoriod to test  before putting in market. 

Lab trials is lile opening another can of worms.

tabby999 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Corona is definitely a bioweapon .

China enjoying the killing of world. 

They have all the measures rest world suffering